Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

• Prefect

Blog Entries

Re: What's your experience on the Disney Cruise Line

This is a great Q&A thread! I still have quite awhile before we sail, but I'm so excited, I'm going to plan as much as possible.

Thanks for sharing all your pics, ladies! I remember seeing the TR threads after you all got back, but it's nice to be able to look through them all again!

So, I want to fly in the day before, but I'm wondering if I should stay in the airport area & maybe go to Downtown Disney the night before, or if we should head out to the Port Canaveral area & maybe go to the Space Center? We'll have to either get a rental car before & after the cruise or arrange for Disney transportaion seperately since we are doing everything a la carte with our DVC points.
    <o>

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by pixie chick View Post
    This is a great Q&A thread! I still have quite awhile before we sail, but I'm so excited, I'm going to plan as much as possible.

Thanks for sharing all your pics, ladies! I remember seeing the TR threads after you all got back, but it's nice to be able to look through them all again!

So, I want to fly in the day before, but I'm wondering if I should stay in the airport area & maybe go to Downtown Disney the night before, or if we should head out to the Port Canaveral area & maybe go to the Space Center? We'll have to either get a rental car before & after the cruise or arrange for Disney transportaion seperately since we are doing everything a la carte with our DVC points.
    When are you going on your cruise?

• Banned User

I loved the experience. I would go back in a heartbeat and looking at some pictures from my last trip with them, I am dying to go back. Really, that is the only vacation I want to go on. I would love to experience the Disney Wonder and Castaway Cay this time around. The only other cruise I would go on is Royal Caribbean and that would only be to experience Oasis of the Seas.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyMickey View Post
    I loved the experience. I would go back in a heartbeat and looking at some pictures from my last trip with them, I am dying to go back. Really, that is the only vacation I want to go on. I would love to experience the Disney Wonder and Castaway Cay this time around. The only other cruise I would go on is Royal Caribbean and that would only be to experience Oasis of the Seas.
    That's awesome, I can't wait for ours! I haven't really heard any negative experiences!

• Eu gosto de ir a Disney!

im not going on a disney one but my wife and i are going to europe. id love to do disney some day. let us know how your trip is, ill post photos of europe when i get back. you do the same on your disney one. this will be our first cruise, it will be a long one, 12 days. how long is yours

• Future Imagineer! =D

Hmm, are there like "curfews" for things? Can you walk around the ship at three in the morning if you wish? Could you call room service to bring you a delightful Diet Coke at 1 in the morning if you wish? I'm going on a Disney Cruise soon and am very curious. I would appreciate lots and lots of random information about the cruise! :]
    ...After a YEAR I finally was able to figure out my password again! I'm baaack! Woohoo!(:
    Disney is my life <3
    Thank Walt for all he did! <3
    Future Imagineer <3
    Keep Disney the way Walt intended it!!

• GO DBACKS!!

Quote Originally Posted by LittleImagineer View Post
    Hmm, are there like "curfews" for things? Can you walk around the ship at three in the morning if you wish? Could you call room service to bring you a delightful Diet Coke at 1 in the morning if you wish? I'm going on a Disney Cruise soon and am very curious. I would appreciate lots and lots of random information about the cruise! :]
    No curfews, except maybe if you are a minor and are walking around at 3 a.m. a CM may ask what's up. My hubby and I loved taking periodic walks around the decks late at night. The restaurants, etc are closed but room service is 24 hours. One of our favorite things to do was order chocolate chip cookies and milk late at night. You don't really want to order soda from room service because you will be charged. Bring a large mug and fill it up at the soda station open 24 hours on deck 9.

We were scheduled to eat at the late dinner seating at 8 pm so when we got back from an excursion we would order the cheese plate and have a little snack before going to the early show and then dinner. Definitely take advantage of room service.

One of my favorite memories from the Panama Canal cruise was being on deck at 1 a.m. as the ship was anchored and waiting to head into the canal at sunrise. We walked all around the deck and were amazed at all the other ships around us since most nights the sea is just an expanse of blackness. Such an incredible sight.

I hope you have a wonderful trip.

It wasn't me, it was Lisa!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234