Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Minion

Talking What's your experience on the Disney Cruise Line

My boyfriend and I are planning on going on the 7 day western caribbean in October. What's your experiences been like on the Disney Cruise? (Activities, Food, Excursions)

• Minion

Re: What's your experience on the Disney Cruise Line

My friend and I have gone on the Disney cruise twice and we loved it both times. In fact, we went on the same one you're planning. We loved it and can't wait to go again. There's plenty of things to do onboard, but we also managed to find some quiet time. The food is fantastic and the whole dining experience is fun. We had the late seating mainly to cut down on the amount of kids. We never found the kids to be any sort of bother at any time. I think our favorite thing was spending the day at Castaway Cay. So peaceful!
    I want my cake back!

• Minion

What month did you two happen to go?

Quote Originally Posted by seenoevil View Post
    My friend and I have gone on the Disney cruise twice and we loved it both times. In fact, we went on the same one you're planning. We loved it and can't wait to go again. There's plenty of things to do onboard, but we also managed to find some quiet time. The food is fantastic and the whole dining experience is fun. We had the late seating mainly to cut down on the amount of kids. We never found the kids to be any sort of bother at any time. I think our favorite thing was spending the day at Castaway Cay. So peaceful!

• All-American

7-day Disney cruises are the best kind! The food is outstanding, and you'll get to eat dinner at each restaurant multiple times.... as a hint, whatever the chef recommends is probably excellent. I also prefer the later seating, for it allows you to go the stage show, mingle in the atrium for a bit and then go to dinner. Typically in a day at sea I'll do activities around the ship, maybe go the pool, get food or play shuffleboard on the decks, go the show, get dinner, and then back to the decks for a movie or a nightcap. Activities can tend to be kid/family-oriented, but you'll have no problem finding something for you. I would check out larger excursions before you board so you can research them a bit, but what you do is up to you. I'm sure you'll have a great vacation!

• Minion

Awesome, thank you for sharing! Have you been on Multiple Disney Cruises? What would you was the higlight of your experience?

Quote Originally Posted by MarkTwain View Post
    7-day Disney cruises are the best kind! The food is outstanding, and you'll get to eat dinner at each restaurant multiple times.... as a hint, whatever the chef recommends is probably excellent. I also prefer the later seating, for it allows you to go the stage show, mingle in the atrium for a bit and then go to dinner. Typically in a day at sea I'll do activities around the ship, maybe go the pool, get food or play shuffleboard on the decks, go the show, get dinner, and then back to the decks for a movie or a nightcap. Activities can tend to be kid/family-oriented, but you'll have no problem finding something for you. I would check out larger excursions before you board so you can research them a bit, but what you do is up to you. I'm sure you'll have a great vacation!

• All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Bo View Post
    Awesome, thank you for sharing! Have you been on Multiple Disney Cruises? What would you was the higlight of your experience?
    I've been on 5 now: 4-night Caribbean, 7-night Western, 7-night Eastern, 10-night Mediterranean, and recently a 3-night Caribbean just for kicks. For those first few, I was pretty young. My favorite parts? The Pirates in the Caribbean deck party... SO much fun. I won't ruin the surprises, but it ends with fireworks. Castaway Cay is now just about my favorite beach anywhere... I'm sure you'll have fun there. Disney Dreams and Twice Charmed (with Cinderella) are two Broadway-calibers shows, and Disney Dreams can almost bring me to tears... it's that good. Other than that... the food.

• Minion

Wow, five. I believe you when you say it's that good! Yeah I hear we'll love the Castaway Cay!
    Thank you, I can't wait!!! I am extremely excited!!! Were there a lot of children when you went? What time of the year did you go?

I've been on 5 now: 4-night Caribbean, 7-night Western, 7-night Eastern, 10-night Mediterranean, and recently a 3-night Caribbean just for kicks. For those first few, I was pretty young. My favorite parts? The Pirates in the Caribbean deck party... SO much fun. I won't ruin the surprises, but it ends with fireworks. Castaway Cay is now just about my favorite beach anywhere... I'm sure you'll have fun there. Disney Dreams and Twice Charmed (with Cinderella) are two Broadway-calibers shows, and Disney Dreams can almost bring me to tears... it's that good. Other than that... the food.

• All-American

Every time I've gone has been over the summer. The weather wasn't unbearably hot then so I'm sure October will be fine. As for kids, there are a lot, but still not quite as many as you might expect. Especially in places like Beat Street, Palo, and the Quiet Cove pool, where there aren't any. I would guess the Oceaneer clubs keep them pretty concentrated to the 5th deck.

• 1 man can make a difernce

Every time I've gone has been over the summer. The weather wasn't unbearably hot then so I'm sure October will be fine. As for kids, there are a lot, but still not quite as many as you might expect. Especially in places like Beat Street, Palo, and the Quiet Cove pool, where there aren't any. I would guess the Oceaneer clubs keep them pretty concentrated to the 5th deck.
    Most excellant news.

• Minion

Yeah, I was assuming because it's a "Disney" Cruise there would be lots of children, which I wouldn't mind, but your information you've shared is great to know. Thank you!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Gino USMC View Post
    Most excellant news.
    Yes it is!!!

•   
    • Sponge & A Rusty Spanner

Food: very good
    Excursions: comparable to other lines
    Shows: superior to all other lines
    Kids' activities: superior to all other lines
    Nightlife: fairly dead
    Fight On! Beat the Huskers!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

[None]
    The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough - Randy Pausch

• no flash photography...

The one thing that stops me from going on a Disney cruise is the kids. I know there are adult only areas on the ship, but I don't think that will be enough.

I will be interested to hear how your cruise goes. I hope you have a blast!

• All-American

Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAbe View Post
    The one thing that stops me from going on a Disney cruise is the kids. I know there are adult only areas on the ship, but I don't think that will be enough.

I will be interested to hear how your cruise goes. I hope you have a blast!
    Like I said... there are definitely a lot of kids, but they don't seem to be that noticeable. And there still aren't nearly as many kids as there are in the theme parks. It just seems like Disney does a good job of keeping them in separate areas. For example, young children tend to swim in at the Mickey pool, eat at the earlier dinner, and go to the later show, whereas as kid-less adults go to the other two pools, eat at the later dinner, and go to the earlier show (since the 2 shows and 2 dinners run at the same time), and you don't even see all those kids.

And yep... in regards to the nightlife, the ship basically shuts down at midnight. Sorry about that.

Anyway, I also hope you have a great cruise! The Western Caribbean was almost definitely my favorite.

• no flash photography...

Like I said... there are definitely a lot of kids, but they don't seem to be that noticeable. And there still aren't nearly as many kids as there are in the theme parks. It just seems like Disney does a good job of keeping them in separate areas. For example, young children tend to swim in at the Mickey pool, eat at the earlier dinner, and go to the later show, whereas as kid-less adults go to the other two pools, eat at the later dinner, and go to the earlier show (since the 2 shows and 2 dinners run at the same time), and you don't even see all those kids.

And yep... in regards to the nightlife, the ship basically shuts down at midnight. Sorry about that.

Anyway, I also hope you have a great cruise! The Western Caribbean was almost definitely my favorite.
    oh, that sounds pretty good. i may have to look into it again.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast