• Iron-Clad Allie

Turtle Talk and Toon Drawing Opportunities On The Horizon

http://www.themeparkinsider.com/flume/200906/1248/

Turtle Talk w/ Crush is on the horizon for Disney Cruise Ship guests to interact with at the new Animator's Palette restaurants. Families and individuals will also be afforded the opportunity to draw cartoons while seated. Sounds like a very good swim...especially for Crush.

Wonder how many humans that our turtle friend will be reminding to "don't talk with your mouth full"?
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 07-09-2009 at 09:40 AM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Iron-Clad Allie

Re: Turtle Talk and Toon Drawing Opportunities On The Horizon

Talk about a fun eating experience. The new LA cruise is going to have so much to offer when it debuts a couple of years from now.

• All-American

Nice, replying to your own post

That article had all sorts of news-worthy treats, confirming many things we've been hearing about for a while now. I don't see, though, how Turtle Talk can be added to Animator's Palate without disrupting that restaurant's very carefully-constructed atmosphere? Turtle Talk seems like an offering something that would best be offered elsewhere... although most of the changes on the ships, like the Ariel screen and hot tub waterfalls, have been great, so I look forward to seeing how this turns out. The drawing sounds fun, although I'm not sure there's sufficient time between being seated and getting the salad, haha.

Thanks for the information.

• Future Imagineer! =D

Oh wow! Sounds fun! How do u find all this stuff out as soon as it happens? haha
    ...After a YEAR I finally was able to figure out my password again! I'm baaack! Woohoo!(:
    Disney is my life <3
    Thank Walt for all he did! <3
    Future Imagineer <3
    Keep Disney the way Walt intended it!!

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by MarkTwain View Post
    Nice, replying to your own post

That article had all sorts of news-worthy treats, confirming many things we've been hearing about for a while now. I don't see, though, how Turtle Talk can be added to Animator's Palate without disrupting that restaurant's very carefully-constructed atmosphere? Turtle Talk seems like an offering something that would best be offered elsewhere... although most of the changes on the ships, like the Ariel screen and hot tub waterfalls, have been great, so I look forward to seeing how this turns out. The drawing sounds fun, although I'm not sure there's sufficient time between being seated and getting the salad, haha.

Thanks for the information.
    You're quite welcome.

Oooh. The Ariel screen and hot tub waterfalls sounds like a heavenly environment! You are correct that sending Crush swimming about and interacting with dining cruise guests would present some challenging dynamics. My usual chant is that the Imagineers can accomplish miracles whenever they set their minds to it; and Disney gives them the budget.

With all the drawing going on, the waiting time for the tables may well be a tad longer.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 07-15-2009 at 08:21 PM.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by LittleImagineer View Post
    Oh wow! Sounds fun! How do u find all this stuff out as soon as it happens? haha
    I listen to and read the news like a hungry canibal. Then, I discern that which interests me from that wich does not. And vuala... it's show and tell time! I love all avenues of the entertainment industry. Thanks for the condiment, LittleImagineer. LOL!

• Minion

Turtle Talk is cute, that'd be fun on a Disney Cruise. The whole writing cartoons is real fun, I did that at DCA and I actually enjoyed it.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Bo View Post
    Turtle Talk is cute, that'd be fun on a Disney Cruise. The whole writing cartoons is real fun, I did that at DCA and I actually enjoyed it.
    Good for you, Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Bo. Taking advantage of artistic activities adds to the range of diverse fun that makes vacations memorable.

• Future Imagineer! =D

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    I listen to and read the news like a hungry canibal. Then, I discern that which interests me from that wich does not. And vuala... it's show and tell time! I love all avenues of the entertainment industry. Thanks for the condiment, LittleImagineer. LOL!
    lol. i watch the news like 24/7. I usually watch cnn or abc. lol. Your always the one to post news. I admire you for that!
    ...After a YEAR I finally was able to figure out my password again! I'm baaack! Woohoo!(:
    Disney is my life <3
    Thank Walt for all he did! <3
    Future Imagineer <3
    Keep Disney the way Walt intended it!!