Appropriateness of Speedos on DCL

I am a young gay male and I was wondering if it is appropriate to wear Speedos on the Disney Magic. I am going on a northern cities cruise in July and I want to know whether you think I can wear either my square cut or brief cut Speedos. Thanks for your help!

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Re: Appropriateness of Speedos on DCL

Quote Originally Posted by orlandomagic View Post
    I am a young gay male and I was wondering if it is appropriate to wear Speedos on the Disney Magic. I am going on a northern cities cruise in July and I want to know whether you think I can wear either my square cut or brief cut Speedos. Thanks for your help!
    First off, your being a young gay male has nothing to do with the actual question, which is are Speedos appropriate for the Disney Cruise Line. So let's skip the first part and just focus on your question about appropriate swim wear.

As someone who was a competitive swimmer for most of my life, I almost always swam in Speedos and never thought twice about it. I still wear them from time to time, simply because that is the sort of swim suit that I'm comfortable with.

However, I do know that some folks are uncomfortable with Speedos. I think it is just a matter of personal taste. You'll see all sorts of swim wear on a Disney Cruise.

If a Speedo is what you usually wear and you are comfortable in one, then wear it. Lot's of other people will be in them as well. They also sell all different sorts of swim suits on board, so you can always buy yourself something else if you need to or feel uncomfortable.

-Dusty
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Tonka's Skipper

I ditto to what Dustysage has to say...... to your who you are, thats not the question..But I think speedos with lots of kids onboard, may not be the best choice......there are some folks wearing them.........just my personal opinion that they are not the best choice!

European beachs would be the better place!

AKK

•   
    • Sponge & A Rusty Spanner

On that particular ship, in my opinion, speedos and thongs are inappropriate. Not all would agree, however, and there undoubtedly will be a small number of people wearing bandaid bathing suits.
    Fight On! Beat the Bulldogs!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

Quote Originally Posted by Motorboat Cruiser View Post
    Did you also call out Anthony Hopkins for not being a cannibal in real life?
    This device kills fascists.

• I Can Show You the World

If you have the body for it, then by all means wear it if you're comfortable wearing it. I think most people's discomfort comes from seeing those who don't have the right body frame to wear one actually wearing one. I have no issues seeing a well built man in a speedo or a nicely proportioned lady in a bikini; but if it's an obese man or woman cramming themselves into a suit that is so obviously not designed for a body of their type, then I'm disgusted.

speedos would be fine at the adult beach or even the quiet cove pool and hottub, but not sure about the goofy pool area or the family beach. I feel the same way about women in thongs and teeny weeny bikinis.

• Hello there

Blog Entries

If I where you I would just pack two bathing suits. Pack your Speedos and pack trunks (or whatever they are called) Than you can see how you feel about wearing the Speedos. The Disney Cruise line is filled with a lot of young children, and once you get on it you may not think it is appropriate to wear them. But than there may be a whole swarm of Europeans on the ship all toting their Speedos so you would blend right in.

The fact that you are asking the question seems to me you may have your doubts about them being appropriate, so why not just pack both. It won't take that much more room in the luggage.
    Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

• Banned User

I don't know about speedos on the Magic. I would go for a g-string instead.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by awaflyboy View Post
    If you have the body for it, then by all means wear it if you're comfortable wearing it. I think most people's discomfort comes from seeing those who don't have the right body frame to wear one actually wearing one. I have no issues seeing a well built man in a speedo or a nicely proportioned lady in a bikini; but if it's an obese man or woman cramming themselves into a suit that is so obviously not designed for a body of their type, then I'm disgusted.
    You want people to look at you and think:

And not:

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Meh. There are plenty of adult cruise lines it would be appropriate for.

• Disney Vacation Planner

My opinion is based on what I want to see.
    I only want to see a Speedo on competitive swimmers and Europeans. No, I take that back. Not on Europeans, but I'll excuse them because this is what they do. I have a good friend who has been swimming for years, and if he put on a pair of "trunks", he would look so weird. So, he can wear a Speedo too, if he wants.
    I say, wear what you feel comfortable with. Yes, I would take both kinds of swimwear, just in case you feel uncomfortable with your choice.
    Also, sounds like you'll be hanging out at the over 18 pool, so you'll see all kinds of swimwear.
    Speedos, inappropriate for a Disney Cruise? No. I don't think so.

• I Can Show You the World

Quote Originally Posted by disneymickey View Post
    you want people to look at you and think:

And not:
    exactly!

• Banned User

Send us a picture and we can say yes or no. HAHA