• future rockstar/imagineer

Stateroom Location Question

Hello! I'm about to book my cruise on the Disney Dream for May 2011, and I am a first time cruise! I was wondering if anybody had suggestions on which stateroom location is best. I know that I will be booking a stateroom with a veranda, but I didn't know if maybe the front was better than back or left or right of the ship made much difference. Thanks for the help!

Re: Stateroom Location Question

I don't think left/right makes much difference, but forward/back and level does. I think the lower decks have less potential for seasickness and I'd never want to be in the back of the ship. The engines are back there, and a friend had a back cabin, and she got engine exhaust in her room a lot of the time. I suspect that's not a widespread issue, but it's something to think about.

The cabin we get is an inside cabin, oriented along the front-to-back axis of the boat, rather than the normal left-to-right axis. No windows, but I don't care. I like it because the door is on the long side of the rectangle, rather than the narrow side and it feels a lot more open when you walk in.

The Dream may have a different cabin arrangement; I'd have to look. I'm familiar with the Magic, and the Wonder has the same cabin layout.

Enjoy your cruise!
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• future rockstar/imagineer

thanks for the help!

• Disney Down Under

Australia - 7458 Miles Away From Disneyland :(

Yeah as with any cruise ship your going to want to be about in the middle because with high seas this part of the boat will experience the smallest variation of movement

Hope that helps
    -Luke

• Disney Vacation Planner

Smile Re: Stateroom Location Question

I would also suggest a verandah cabin on the starboard side of the ship. The right side if you are facing forward.
    When the ship docks at Castaway Cay, it will back in and you will have a great view of the island. Note: if it is bad weather the ship will just pull in forward. But with normal weather the ship backs in.