In desperate need of information about Disney Cruise Line employee conditions.

I am thinking of sending my daughter to audition in Hollywood for a Disney Cruise. She is a fantastic singer and has always wanted to perform in a Disney musical. I don't want to spend the money to send her there if the working conditions aren't going to be a good experience. My niece is a figure skater on Royal Caribbean and things are okay for her, but the skaters get some special privledges there. They eat with the Captains crew and such, but they still work many hours a day. Anyways, my question is have any of you worked as an entertainer on a DCL ship and what was it like? My daughter is only 18 and doing great in school, but I would like her to be able to follow her dreams. I want it to be a good experience. Does anyone here have any information for me? I have searched and searched the web and have found nothing, except some scary stuff. Any information is greatly appreciated!!!

• Tonka's Skipper

Re: In desperate need of information about Disney Cruise Line employee conditions.

Disneys living conditions are about the same as other good lines, maybe a bit better. As a entertainer she will have a better cabin, and likely only 1 roommate as other CM have up to 4 roommates.

Long hours.yes.......food is always good.

If shes old enough ......I would think it would be a great exprience for her!

AKK

Re: In desperate need of information about Disney Cruise Line employee conditions.

Thank you so much for the information! I really want her to go follow her dreams, but not if she is going to just be super disappointed. It's a big investment for both of us! I just want it to be a good environment.