• Drunk On Disney!

Disney Dream: Docked in Nassau, Bahamas.

Hey everyone,

It's been a while since I've had anything to post about, but I was just on a cruise, and when our ship stopped in Nassau, the Disney Dream was next to us!

I checked the Disney Dream's schedule (on Cruisett.com) and it turns out we saw the Disney Dream on its 2nd ever voyage!

My dad and I are both Disney fans.

Disney Dream next to our ship, the Carnival Glory.

The next Disney ship will be called the Disney Fantasy, and ironically, the Carnival Fantasy was docked next to the Dream.

Another bit of irony is that Carnival's newest ship is called the Carnival Dream!

•   
    • TDS and TDL FUN times

Re: Disney Dream: Docked in Nassau, Bahamas.

great pics

•   
    • RCMC: Java Junkie

Nice pics, thanks for sharing. Hope to sail on the Disney Dream one day.

I personally don't call the ship names "ironic," I call them copy-cats. Because Carnival's new ship for 2011 is the Carnival Magic, which will sail in the Mediterranean, with the Disney Magic. Disney's only unique ship name is the Disney Wonder.

Dying to go on DDream or DFantasy one day!!!

• Banned User

Carnival copied Disney with the "Magic" on purpose...I still think they should have named it Disney Imagination. Anywho, the Disney ships excel in their design against the competitors though and you can see that in your pictures. Carnival ships are hideous- in and out.

• Banned User

However, I think the Dream and Fantasy's bulkier design take away a bit from the sleek lines established with the Magic and Wonder. It mainly deals with the stern...the design of it makes it look like the superstructure is "bulging" over the hull and vice versa when viewed from directly behind. Nonetheless, the ships overall look and sheen is outstanding.

• Drunk On Disney!

I agree, DisneyMickey.

The back end does have some weird bulgy stuff going on, but overall the ship is great. I had a chance to get some cool shots of the front of it, but I didn't have my camera with me...oh well

Did you know there's a Carnival Imagination?

I also agree that Carnival ships have a certain trashy feel about them... but I've gotten to go on Carnival cruises for free, so I can't complain!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Mtsplash View Post
    I agree, DisneyMickey.

The back end does have some weird bulgy stuff going on, but overall the ship is great. I had a chance to get some cool shots of the front of it, but I didn't have my camera with me...oh well

Did you know there's a Carnival Imagination?

I also agree that Carnival ships have a certain trashy feel about them... but I've gotten to go on Carnival cruises for free, so I can't complain!
    Every video I see of Carnival on Youtube is something going wrong...dirty water, disaster on the pool deck, or drifting into other ships.

But even though the stern of the Dream is a little bulky, the bow is very striking just like the Wonder and Magic. The sleek bow lines are the most striking features of the Disney ship(s) I think.