A New Disney Cruise "Ship"

Hello Micechatters!

I want to introduce the newest Disney Cruise Ship, the Disney Adventure!

In my spare time, I like to use Google SketchUp to model ships. Until recently my domain was mostly starships and scifi, but I needed a little change of pace. The Disney Adventure is what I imagined when I tasked myself to combine the rigid airships of the 1920's and 30's with the modern cruise ship. Now, obviously there are many logistic and physical reasons why this ship is and always will be fantasy. The idea wasn't to create something real, rather to imagine something fantastic and impossible! This is by far the most detailed model I've ever created. In total, it took approximately 2 months to complete.

Anyway, in the parallel universe in which this ship can exist, here are some of the features guests can experience on board...

Flynn's Arcade - The Ultimate Tron-Inspired Game Room
    The Animator's Palate - Inspired by similar restaurants on the Adventure's sister ships.
    Up Restaurant - A colorful family restaurant inspired by the Disney-Pixar film.
    The Aquaduck - A water coaster that takes guests under the hull of the airship, where a clear plexiglas tube is the only thing between guests and hundreds of feet of open air!
    Zipline - A zipline from the rear gondola to the main deck, guests will actually experience over 100 feet of suspension over open air.
    The Adventurer's Club - Direct from Pleasure Island, join the (mis)adventurers for tales of exploration and discovery from across the globe!
    ESPN Sports & Fitness Center - World-class training and fitness center, including golf simulators and basketball court.
    End of Line Club - A techno-themed dance club and full bar!

and much, much more!

Hope you like the ship! Bon Voyage!
    In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate.

DoppelV

Thumbs up Re: A New Disney Cruise "Ship"

Quote Originally Posted by DoppelV View Post
    Hello Micechatters!

I want to introduce the newest Disney Cruise Ship, the Disney Adventure!

In my spare time, I like to use Google SketchUp to model ships. Until recently my domain was mostly starships and scifi, but I needed a little change of pace. The Disney Adventure is what I imagined when I tasked myself to combine the rigid airships of the 1920's and 30's with the modern cruise ship. Now, obviously there are many logistic and physical reasons why this ship is and always will be fantasy. The idea wasn't to create something real, rather to imagine something fantastic and impossible! This is by far the most detailed model I've ever created. In total, it took approximately 2 months to complete.

Anyway, in the parallel universe in which this ship can exist, here are some of the features guests can experience on board...

Flynn's Arcade - The Ultimate Tron-Inspired Game Room
    The Animator's Palate - Inspired by similar restaurants on the Adventure's sister ships.
    Up Restaurant - A colorful family restaurant inspired by the Disney-Pixar film.
    The Aquaduck - A water coaster that takes guests under the hull of the airship, where a clear plexiglas tube is the only thing between guests and hundreds of feet of open air!
    Zipline - A zipline from the rear gondola to the main deck, guests will actually experience over 100 feet of suspension over open air.
    The Adventurer's Club - Direct from Pleasure Island, join the (mis)adventurers for tales of exploration and discovery from across the globe!
    ESPN Sports & Fitness Center - World-class training and fitness center, including golf simulators and basketball court.
    End of Line Club - A techno-themed dance club and full bar!

and much, much more!

Hope you like the ship! Bon Voyage!
    I got really excited when I saw the Adventurers Club! The zip-line looks really cool too!

I can tell you put a lot of thought into this - great job! I would want to fly on it if it was real!

• Minion FOREVER!

Re: A New Disney Cruise "Ship"

Totally cool!

Love the choice of Soarin' music.

Doubt that an airship can hold that much water up, but beyond that love the concepts. (AC & Zipline esp!)