• former CM

Question Questions4 our1st cruise (Dream)

We are planning on going on our first cruise next winter. We'll be on the Dream ship for just a three-night cruise. I would appreciate your taking the time to share your knowledge!

Questions:

1. We'll be taking Disney's busses (or Disney's affiliated busses? Mears?) from a WDW hotel to the ship the day of the cruise. At what time (approximately) do the busses arrive at the cruise ship areas? I ask because we want to board the ship ASAP.

2. Since we will only have two full days and one will be spent on Castaway Cay, I am intterested in staying on the ship during the day at Nassau. Is "the water roller coaster" open when the ship is in port?

3. Can passengers take tours of the ship? I'd love to see the engines. If such tours exist, are they offerred when the ship is in port? Do they cost extra?

• MiceChat Travel Partner

Re: Questions4 our1st cruise (Dream)

YEAH!! I am sure you will have the same response I had when I first cruised. . . "WHAT?? IT CANNOT BE TIME TO GET OFF THE SHIP, I JUST NOW FOUND OUT HOW TO GO FROM HERE TO THERE!!"

You will not believe how much fun it is to cruise!

As for your questions:

1) It depends, but normally you are picked up between 11-1, so you would be on the ship anytime from about noon till 2. However, with the new assigned check times when you board the ship may change.

2) Yes the Aquaduck was open when we were in port at the Bahamas and on Castaway Cay

3) For the past few years the onboard tours are not as extensive as they used to be, but you can take a few ones, including a 'get to know the ship" tour on embarkation day, a "art of the ship" tour (very good) and on our cruise there was a tour available of the ships kitchens. The tours can change at any time, so just keep an eye out for them to become available--these will be listed in your personal navigator.
    MiceChat Preferred Travel Partner

Contact us to book your next Disney Vacation!

• former CM

Smile Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Fairy Godmother Travel View Post
    YEAH!! I am sure you will have the same response I had when I first cruised. . . "WHAT?? IT CANNOT BE TIME TO GET OFF THE SHIP, I JUST NOW FOUND OUT HOW TO GO FROM HERE TO THERE!!"

You will not believe how much fun it is to cruise!

As for your questions:

1) It depends, but normally you are picked up between 11-1, so you would be on the ship anytime from about noon till 2. However, with the new assigned check times when you board the ship may change.

2) Yes the Aquaduck was open when we were in port at the Bahamas and on Castaway Cay

3) For the past few years the onboard tours are not as extensive as they used to be, but you can take a few ones, including a 'get to know the ship" tour on embarkation day, a "art of the ship" tour (very good) and on our cruise there was a tour available of the ships kitchens. The tours can change at any time, so just keep an eye out for them to become available--these will be listed in your personal navigator.
    Thank you, Fairy Godmother Travel!