Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• future rockstar/imagineer

My First Cruise! Disney Dream May 22-26

I just graduated from high school, so as a graduation present/senior trip my mom and I went to Walt Disney World and the Disney Cruise! Both were incredible, but I especially loved the cruise because it was my first time. I'll post the Cruise portion in here so sit back, relax, and enjoy!

Disney Dream: Day 1

our cruise vacation began after spending a few wonderful days at Walt Disney World. This was my first cruise ever, so I was thrilled but also a little apprehensive about how I would like being on a boat. Immediately when I stepped onboard I forgot all about my worries and had an amazing time.

We had been staying at at the Contemporary resort, so we boarded the motor coach to the port.

the ship off in the distance!

the ship is absolutely beautiful! after boarding we made our way to our stateroom which was a deluxe stateroom with a verandah. It was great!

then we wandered around for a little while

after a little while it was time for the Sailing Away party! it was a fun show!

the Aquaduck!!!!! it was so much fun!

Dinner was at the Enchanted Garden. The restaurant was beautiful, and we loved our waiters and dinner friends!

the show that night was the Golden Mickeys which i loved!

when we finally went back to the room that night we saw our first towel animal

well then we finally went to sleep, so I will be back later with day 2!

Re: My First Cruise! Disney Dream May 22-26

Congratulations on your first cruise! And thank you for the pictures- she's gorgeous and I look forward to more!
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• MiceChat Travel Partner

Great Trip report and pictures!! Can't wait for day 2!!
    MiceChat Preferred Travel Partner

Contact us to book your next Disney Vacation!

• Banned User

Great pictures! I will be sailing on the Dream soon and can not wait...Disney is the way to go when cruising.

Day 2

Hello again! Day 2 starts out with our first port stop, Nassau! I was not too crazy about it which was fine because it gave us more time on the boat. We woke up and had a great breakfast at the Enchanted Garden.

view of Atlantis from our room.

we walked around for a little while and we to some of the shops, then it we headed back to the boat.

We went swimming and had lunch at Cabanas next. Then we watched Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides in the Buena Vista theatre! We were both so excited that they were showing it!

after the movie it was about time to get ready for dinner which was at the Royal Palace. This restaurant was especially delicious and beautiful.

Spinach Souffle

Escargot

The show for that evening was Villains Tonight. It was hilarious!

after the show while wandering around the ship we ran into this guy!

We went to the Family Fusion Game Show later that night. It was a lot of fun to watch!

Well that concludes day 2. It was a great day! I loved being on the ship during the port day in Nassau because there were very few people, so we were able to have a very relaxing day. See you soon with day 3!

Day 3-Castaway Cay

Day 3 was my favorite! I loved Castaway Cay! It was so beautiful. So we woke up and went to breakfast at Enchanted Garden and then we were among the first off of the ship which was nice because we could pick out whatever chairs we wanted on the beach.

the water was perfect

I went snorkeling for a while which was a lot of fun! The fish were very colorful and I loved all the hidden treasure under the water. It was a little overcast in the morning though, but it cleared up later in the day.

crab races!

In the afternoon we went back to the ship to hang out for a while before dinner.

i LOVED the enchanted artwork around the ship!

It was the Pirates in the Caribbean Party, and we were both very excited! Dinner was at Animator's Palette.

after the show we went down to the atrium to see some characters and then it was about time for the fireworks! followed by a deck party!

Well thats it for day 3! Ill be back soon with more!

sorry double post
    Last edited by expedition_evan; 05-30-2011 at 06:23 AM.

• Cars Land Rocks!

Nice trip report. Love all the pictures. I definitely want to take a trip on the Dream one of these days when my son gets a little older.

Day 4

This begins our full day at sea! We slept in a little bit, had breakfast at Cabanas, then went up to loge around by the pools for a while. We went on the AquaDuck which was so much fun! We were there right when it opened so that we would not have to wait in line very long. Lunch was a delicious buffet at Enchanted Garden. We ate at this restaurant everyday, but it was delicious and nice to get away from the crowds that were present at Cabanas. There was a fun dance party going on in the Atrium as I passed by.

ahh the beautiful water..

then i did the animation class where I learned how to draw Mickey Mouse. Then I did the Cast Member Q & A which was very interesting.

One thing that I loved about the cruise was the abundance of character meet and greets! They were always out, and the lines were never as bad as what you might have to wait in if you were in the parks.

Dinner for the night was Animator's Palette again. We didn't get the full show the night before because of the Pirates in the Caribbean Party, so I was very excited to dine there again!

ou waiters Kristjan and Eljoy!

the floors lit up!

our last towel animal for the trip

Our show that night was Believe, and it was incredible! I loved every second of it!!

the adults only pool

then we went to the "see ya real soon!" celebration in the atrium. Basically a giant meet and greet with the characters.

well that just about covers it for our cruise. I didn't take any pictures from the last day since it was just all early morning departures.

After taking my first cruise, I can now say that I am in love with cruising. We had so much fun and met so many great people! One of my favorite things was talking to cast members around the ship to learn more about where they are from and about their lives. The ship was stunning and I just stared in awe at it all the time. I cannot wait to take my next cruise, and right now my mom and I are planning a time to take the rest of my family that was jealously waiting at home while we were having a blast!

Well I hoped that you enjoyed my trip report! See ya real soon!

• Banned User

Wow, what a blast you two must be having! The photos are great! I've been wanting to go on a Caribbean cruise for some time now, and I will definitely consider the Disney Cruise line when I do. Really nice onboard ambiance.

•   
    • TDS and TDL FUN times

This is a amazing photo report and great commentary. Thank you so much for contributing and congrats on graduating!

• Banned User

In my opinion, Disney has some of the most beautiful ships in the cruise industry and your pictures showcase it perfectly. Excellent pictures! I will be on the ship in the fall so I am looking forward to seeing it all in person!!! Glad you had a wonderful time!

How was the Contemporary???

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyMickey View Post
    In my opinion, Disney has some of the most beautiful ships in the cruise industry and your pictures showcase it perfectly. Excellent pictures! I will be on the ship in the fall so I am looking forward to seeing it all in person!!! Glad you had a wonderful time!

How was the Contemporary???
    You will love your cruise! Make sure you take advantage of exploring everything the ship has to offer!

and I really liked the Contemporary! It was my first time to stay there, and it was very convenient because of the Monorail. The rooms were awesome as well!

• Minion

Great report Kevin. :0)

We will be on the Dream next week and can't wait to see everything you just saw. So will your next cruise be Disney?

• World Traveler

Thanks for the TR! Glad you had a great time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast