Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Minion FOREVER!

Re: Spoiled By the New Cruise Ships?

We've been on Wonder and was on the Dream in last Dec. I can definitely see that point of being spoiled by Dream.

But I think with the updates, Wonder/Magic will continue to be popular esp with the locations that they will be assigned to.

I think the chances for Wonder/Magic's interior staterooms getting the "porthole" are pretty good.
    Also completely agree w/ toonaspie that the Animator's Pallate was a bit of a disappointment... I like the Wonder's version better.

I would bet that the Magic and Wonder will receive some of the more easily installed upgrades within the next few years- things like the Midship Detective Agency and the virtual portholes. However, I wouldn't be surprised to see new unique experiences added to every ship in order to encourage guests to experience them all.
    <3 Princess Schmidtty

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessSchmidtty View Post
    I would bet that the Magic and Wonder will receive some of the more easily installed upgrades within the next few years- things like the Midship Detective Agency and the virtual portholes. However, I wouldn't be surprised to see new unique experiences added to every ship in order to encourage guests to experience them all.
    They'll likely get elements during their scheduled dry dock periods.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

My sister is looking to do a Disney Cruise as part of her honeymoon. Any tips?

I'd like to help pay for her honeymoon, so I want her to have the best experience possible. While I'm not overly impressed by what I've seen of castaway cay, the new ships look magnificent.

Castaway Cay is a cute , restful spot to decompress from your amazing trip before you re-enter the real world. Snorkeling, swimming, stingrays you can feed (if I remember right), bike paths, and maybe kayaking. It's a fun day.

Your sister will have a fabulous time!
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by thedude76 View Post
    My sister is looking to do a Disney Cruise as part of her honeymoon. Any tips?

I'd like to help pay for her honeymoon, so I want her to have the best experience possible. While I'm not overly impressed by what I've seen of castaway cay, the new ships look magnificent.
    I don't have anything negative to say about Castaway Cay. It seems comparable or better to most cruise ship private islands. It's not going to have the same type of boating/snorkeling/etc that prime tourist islands will have. My only complaint about the cruises are I wish we had MORE time at Castaway Cay

I would say the most important thing to think about for your cruise is decide on the itinerary that they want based on the destinations and length of cruise. Everything else kind of falls in place downstream of that.

For steerage if you need help getting started.. I would really recommend calling Teresa and she can help get you started.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Future Disney CM and WDI

My first cruise ever was on Disney Dream last year. I consider my cruising life forever spoiled by Disney. I dont think I could ever sail on another cruise line, but I do plan on setting sail at least once on all of the Disney Cruise Line fleet. Although I am being a bit biased, towards the newer models as the next planned cruise is later this year on the Disney Fantasy - I can't wait!!

1. Disneyland 1997;
    2. Disneyland Resort 2008; 3. Hong Kong Disneyland 2009; 4. Disneyland Resort 2009; 5. Disneyland Resort 2010; 6. WaltDisneyWorld Resort 2011; 7. Disney Cruise Lines 2011 - Disney Dream; 8. Disneyland Resort 2011; 9. Disneyland Resort 2012; 10. WaltDisneyWorld Resort 2012; 11. Disney Cruise Lines 2012 - Disney Fantasy; ?. Tokyo Disney Resort; ?. Disneyland Paris

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12