Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Pilot EdForceOne

Re: Mirror Mirror on the wall - Where's the greatest cruise of them all? A TR!

Glad you found it useful. Never cruised before is not something I would be worried about at all! I don't think there were many paralells to my previous cruise.. except maybe expectations over state room sizes. These aren't land hotels

I think the biggest concern anyone should consider is 'Do you like Disney 'sheltered' entertainment? AKA their tone and emphasis. If yes, then I think a Disney Cruise is certainly a viable choice. The 'being on a boat' aspect is really minor. If people have traveled via air before, they will be familiar with most of the boarding/packing requirements. The only thing I would suggest becoming familiar with is the port adventures (so you can book right away) and the way food is handled on the boat. The rest is 'take it as it goes and enjoy'

While a different style then a parks vacation, it definitely is a step up in service and atmosphere.

A tip passed on from Teresa (fairygodmother travel).. don't be shy about making a reservation.. because as long as you are outside of the cancellation window (like 75 days out for most.. check before of course!!) you are free to move the trip, cancel it, etc. She mentioned people often book reservations while on board because of the discounts offered to rebook a cruise, and then simply change it at a later date when they really know what they can really do.

I think the larger travel industry has gotten everyone so conditioned to be worried about changes that people are hesitant to sign up unless they think nothing can derail it. Disney at WDW is VERY generous with the cancel policy, and DCL is pretty good too.

Talking with an agent like Teresa can really help with topics with lots of choices like the staterooms. I was 'lucky' in that I wanted all of us in one room, so that narrowed the choices greatly. Doesn't make it cheaper, just more straightforward
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• Characters are my friends

Thanks for the TR! I am sailing on the Dream in 6 days, and I am soooo excited
    Many as a kid (1986-1998)Aug 98- Port OrleansMarch 03- Jr Band Trip (offsite)Aug 03- Port OrleansJan 12-Aug 5, 05- CP (CS)Jan 1-5, 06- AS Sports (Solo Trip)May 24, 06 to Jan 5, 07- CP (CS)Jan 31-Feb 3, 07- offsite (solo trip)March 1-3, 2007- Dad + Me (offsite)May 16-Aug 10, 07- CP (CS)Aug 10-12, 07- GF/P&PMay 21-Aug 15, 08- CP (PC)Aug 15-18, 08- AKLMarch 25-29, 09 (off-site)Aug 10, 09-Jan 2, 10- CP (CS)Jan 3-May 14, 2010- CP (CS)Feb 12-16, 2012: DCL DreamOct 20-27, 2012: DCL Fantasy (East)Sept 8-12, 2013: DCL Dream

Jan 12- Aug 5, 2005- Fantasyland Merchandise
    May 24, 2006 to Jan 5, 2007- Character Attendant
    May 16- Aug 10, 2007- Epcot WS Custodial/Seasonal CA
    May 21- July 5, 2008: Casey's (QSFB); July 6-Aug 15, 2008: character attendant
    Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010: Toy Story Mania
    Jan 3-May 14, 2010: Great Movie Ride
    May 16, 2010~ Fulltime
    Montclair State Campus Rep- Fall 07, Spring 08, Fall 08, Spring 09

• I'm from Canada eh!

Thanks for posting the TR. I have never been on a cruise before, but would like to take the family. Incidently we just saw the Disney Wonder at port in Cabo last week and my interest was peaked even more...

• Circle of Ancients

How did I miss this before?

You have an absolutely beautiful family, and it looks like you had an amazing time on the cruise. Loved all the pictures.

• Pilot EdForceOne

Thanks Gregg - We missed you out there... should have busted the kids out of school!

We're going again in '13, but we had to move off the MC Cruise week to accomodate my sister in law's family so we'll be going the week following the MC '13 Cruise.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123