Won a Cruise! Advice?

Hi all! I just wanted to share the news that my family won a trip to Miami and a four night Disney Cruise from Coke Rewards! We had looked into a cruise a couple years ago and it was simply too expensive for us, so we're thrilled to win this trip.
    So, we've been to DisneyWorld a handful of times and Disneyland a couple times, but we've never done a Disney Cruise. For all of you experts, what advice do you have for a family of five on a four night cruise on the Disney Dream? We want to get as much out of the experience as possible. (Kids ages: 13,11,6)

• Across From DL

Re: Won a Cruise! Advice?

Be sure to Pack Light, Overpacking is always a first time cruisers mistake. whatever you have packed, reduce by half. Utilize the Kids Club Offerings and dont dare skip Palo for Dinner (18+). if you cannot snag a reservation online either check as you board the dream or go to Palo's the first night to inquire about a reservation. Disney Cruise Line offers amazing Family offerings so be sure to check your daily Navigators. If Nassau is not your cup of tea, stay on board. The ship is nice and peaceful when in port. Castaway Cay is GORGEOUS! No advice here just soak it all in Please be sure to post a few photos when you get back

"To All Who Come To This Happy Place Your Welcome!"

• Thrill Seeker

I know I am late to this thread - but congrats on winning the cruise! But I want you to know how many points I dropped into that LOL. About how many entries did you have? Congrats!
    My Disney adventures in the USA:

[ FLICKR ] - [ You Tube ]

Congrats!! have a great time!!

• At one w/ our Disneyness

Congrats! Just back from our first cruise. Disney Dream 3night/4day.
    If you have opportunity to UPgrade to concierge level. DO IT. Worth every $$$.
    Make rezzy for dinner at REMY....superb. PALO is nice, REMY is superb.
    Just countin' the days til the next visit!

Congratulations! Enjoy your cruise!

The Wonder and Magic have had a Teen club and a younger kids' club that seemed to be popular. There are adult-only areas, too. Check out the movies and lectures and tastings and all, which will be listed on your Navigator paper every morning. There are a lot of activities on board the ship. They have a show in the big theater every night, and usually entertainment in the lounge area later in the evening.

Pools, gym- you can stay active if you want to. There's also a spa if you want to get a massage or sit in the rain-forest room (sort of like a gentle sauna; it's fabulous).

Cruising is wonderful so enjoy your trip! Lots to do if you want, lots of places to relax if that's your preference.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.