• Sultan of Swing

Question Disney Should make a Los Angeles Homeport

We have the Disney Wonder on the Westcoast for now but we need a Homeport!I don't care if we get Disney Wonder & Magic. They should get the current Dock Carnival Cruise Line has.What are you Ideas and Suggestions.Suggest something also that could be equivalent to Castaway Cay
    Always read the fine print.

• former CM

Re: Disney Should make a Los Angeles Homeport

Quote Originally Posted by BugSam101 View Post
    We have the Disney Wonder on the Westcoast for now but we need a Homeport!I don't care if we get Disney Wonder & Magic. They should get the current Dock Carnival Cruise Line has.What are you Ideas and Suggestions.Suggest something also that could be equivalent to Castaway Cay
    I love this idea,
    but I doubt environmentalists or the California Coastal Commission would go for a Castaway Cay out here. For many families, going to Catalina, San Francisco and Victoria and sleeping on a Disney Cruise ship instead of a hotel would be cool enough.

• Sultan of Swing

Quote Originally Posted by jcruise86 View Post
    I love this idea,
    but I doubt environmentalists or the California Coastal Commission would go for a Castaway Cay out here. For many families, going to Catalina, San Francisco and Victoria and sleeping on a Disney Cruise ship instead of a hotel would be cool enough.
    Yea I guess there would be many concerns and complaints I would love to just have the Disney Cruise Line here. If not Castaway Cay then more Destinations.

I am not too familiar with home ports for cruises, but Disney website already lists LA as a home port, i am just curious.

• Across From DL

I have done 5 disney cruises and 2 of those on the west coast. LA being a home port is a huge advantage i save usually 600-1000 dollars in airfare plus additional hotel stay. Sadly the violence in Mexico has wreaked havoc on Mexico Cruises especially further South. Maybe one day I know NCL is home porting in LA starting 2013/14 i dont remember

"To All Who Come To This Happy Place Your Welcome!"

• Future Imagineer! =D

Bad news- DCL will no longer have any cruises available out of LA after 2013 ):
    ...After a YEAR I finally was able to figure out my password again! I'm baaack! Woohoo!(:
    Disney is my life <3
    Thank Walt for all he did! <3
    Future Imagineer <3
    Keep Disney the way Walt intended it!!

• Sultan of Swing

Bad news- DCL will no longer have any cruises available out of LA after 2013 ):
    I heard that it was only for 2013 and that later L.A. possibly 2014 a DCL Ship returns
    I have done 5 disney cruises and 2 of those on the west coast. LA being a home port is a huge advantage i save usually 600-1000 dollars in airfare plus additional hotel stay. Sadly the violence in Mexico has wreaked havoc on Mexico Cruises especially further South. Maybe one day I know NCL is home porting in LA starting 2013/14 i dont remember
    That is neat.......Mexico is bad all round but I guess that is why most Cruises to Mexico are cheap? :P I am glad that this could help you and I wish it could happen to be effective but to me it seems that Florida is treated better than the original Park/California

• Across From DL

BugSam101 only in terms of the Cruise Line are we treated 2nd rate.In terms of Theme Park Operations we are definitely #1

"To All Who Come To This Happy Place Your Welcome!"

• Sultan of Swing

Quote Originally Posted by CastMember 02 View Post
    BugSam101 only in terms of the Cruise Line are we treated 2nd rate.In terms of Theme Park Operations we are definitely #1
    You are right I should of rephrased that but I figured since we are talking about the Cruise Line it was obvious. Sorry!