• D'LAND BIRTH YEAR BABY

Just returned from a WONDERful Pixar Cruise

Just got off the Wonder yesterday and it was more fun than I ever imagined. I was the aprehensive one in our party about cruising and I loved it!

• Hug a Billy

The Golden Horseshoe/Big Thunder Jamboree

Re: Just returned from a WONDERful Pixar Cruise

I was on that cruise also! My first cruise ever so of course it had to be Disney It was a lot of fun and I thought all the Pixar stuff was great. Too bad about the fog in San Francisco but with the hot weather down here now in Los Angeles I'd gladly be up there again fog or not. I'm sorry that the cruise line is pulling out of Los Angeles as I don't like to fly to get to another port. Hawaii is a bit on the expensive side, so that's out. Maybe next year I could cruise up to Vancouver and then take the train home ... maybe. Anyway, I now see why so many people are "cruisers" - it can be additive!

Glad to hear it went so well! The Wonder is a beautiful ship.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• D'LAND BIRTH YEAR BABY

Quote Originally Posted by Wendygirl View Post
    I was on that cruise also! My first cruise ever so of course it had to be Disney It was a lot of fun and I thought all the Pixar stuff was great. Too bad about the fog in San Francisco but with the hot weather down here now in Los Angeles I'd gladly be up there again fog or not. I'm sorry that the cruise line is pulling out of Los Angeles as I don't like to fly to get to another port. Hawaii is a bit on the expensive side, so that's out. Maybe next year I could cruise up to Vancouver and then take the train home ... maybe. Anyway, I now see why so many people are "cruisers" - it can be additive!
    That is too funny I am not a great flyer , but my DH has not , and will not fly. This is why this was the perfect first cruise for us . We love Disney and Pixar also so it was our first and only choice! Are they pulling out forever or just for 2013? I want to go back asap and I have thought about ones leaving from Seattle . It is addictive and so relaxing. What type of cabin did you have we booked inside gnty and got a deluxe inside oceanview the porthole was enough for me. We were also lucky enough to hook up with members of another board and did a fish extender exchange which was fun and really a treat for my grandsons.

---------- Post added 10-01-2012 at 08:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by alphabassetgrrl View Post
    Glad to hear it went so well! The Wonder is a beautiful ship.
    Thank you it was our first cruise and it could not have been better!

---------- Post added 10-01-2012 at 08:44 PM ----------

Oh and Wendygirl my dh was the last man on board and tied up the ship from leaving Ensenada on time...golf port adventure gone bad! He got applause when he boarded.

Quote Originally Posted by DISNEYJUNKIE View Post

Oh and Wendygirl my dh was the last man on board and tied up the ship from leaving Ensenada on time...golf port adventure gone bad! He got applause when he boarded.
    Benefit of going on excursions sponsored by the cruise line. As opposed to going out on your own.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• Hug a Billy

The Golden Horseshoe/Big Thunder Jamboree

Quote Originally Posted by DISNEYJUNKIE View Post
    That is too funny I am not a great flyer , but my DH has not , and will not fly. This is why this was the perfect first cruise for us . We love Disney and Pixar also so it was our first and only choice! Are they pulling out forever or just for 2013? I want to go back asap and I have thought about ones leaving from Seattle . It is addictive and so relaxing. What type of cabin did you have we booked inside gnty and got a deluxe inside oceanview the porthole was enough for me. We were also lucky enough to hook up with members of another board and did a fish extender exchange which was fun and really a treat for my grandsons.

---------- Post added 10-01-2012 at 08:42 PM ----------

Thank you it was our first cruise and it could not have been better!

---------- Post added 10-01-2012 at 08:44 PM ----------

So it was him!!!! Ha ha. We were wondering why the ship wasn't leaving and waited and waited and then saw these guys coming back with golf clubs. One of my dinner table mates saw him bow as she was sitting on her verandah. What a nightmare to be left there. Thank goodness it was a Disney shore excursion!!!

I had an inside grty stateroom, no porthole. It was fine as I wasn't in there all that much. Some friends I know talked about "upgrading" but I had no idea how to go about that. It was all good.

Disney announced not that long ago that they are pulling out of Los Angeles and canceled their Mexican cruises for the rest of December. They will be doing the Mexican Riviera end of October, all of November and first week in December. The business for the Mexican Riviera is just not there anymore. I also heard that another cruise line has also pulled out. They will be back in 2013 but only for repositioning cruises. For instance in the Spring they will do the Panama Canal and dock in Los Angeles. Then they leave Los Angeles to go to Vancouver for the Alaska cruises. Then they come back in Los Angeles in September (I think) and then go back to Florida via the Panama Canal again. They do not have a cruise to Hawaii in 2013 so this October will be the last one. Will they ever come back? Who knows but for sure this is how it stands for the rest of this year and 2013. They sail away for the last time on a repositioning cruise on December 9.

• D'LAND BIRTH YEAR BABY

Quote Originally Posted by Wendygirl View Post
    So it was him!!!! Ha ha. We were wondering why the ship wasn't leaving and waited and waited and then saw these guys coming back with golf clubs. One of my dinner table mates saw him bow as she was sitting on her verandah. What a nightmare to be left there. Thank goodness it was a Disney shore excursion!!!

I had an inside grty stateroom, no porthole. It was fine as I wasn't in there all that much. Some friends I know talked about "upgrading" but I had no idea how to go about that. It was all good.

Disney announced not that long ago that they are pulling out of Los Angeles and canceled their Mexican cruises for the rest of December. They will be doing the Mexican Riviera end of October, all of November and first week in December. The business for the Mexican Riviera is just not there anymore. I also heard that another cruise line has also pulled out. They will be back in 2013 but only for repositioning cruises. For instance in the Spring they will do the Panama Canal and dock in Los Angeles. Then they leave Los Angeles to go to Vancouver for the Alaska cruises. Then they come back in Los Angeles in September (I think) and then go back to Florida via the Panama Canal again. They do not have a cruise to Hawaii in 2013 so this October will be the last one. Will they ever come back? Who knows but for sure this is how it stands for the rest of this year and 2013. They sail away for the last time on a repositioning cruise on December 9.
    Well thats sad , maybe I will have to cruise without DH. My daughter who was with us is already working up how she can do the panama repositioning cruise.

We've done Florida-Panama-Los Angeles twice now. Great cruise, lots of wonderful sea days.

• Knight that says Nee!!

Our first cruise was this summer on the Wonder to Alaska. It was THE most amazing vacation!