• MiceChat Travel Partner

Disney Magic undergoing a major changes this fall

From Disney Cruise Line:

Disney Magic
    to Offer New Experiences and Reimagined Spaces

There’s an extra dose of magic coming aboard the Disney Magic when the Disney Cruise Line® vessel relaunches this fall with new spaces. Here are some highlights in store for you:

Disney, Disney-Pixar and Marvel Characters Join the Fun
    Disney’s Oceaneer Club, open to 3- to 12-year-old children, is a completely reimagined area that transports children to magical realms.
    Marvel’s Avengers Academy features fun new experiences with Marvel characters – the first time Super Hero icons from the Marvel Universe have been introduced on a Disney Cruise Line ship.
    • Other new spaces include: Andy’s Room, Pixie Hollow and the Mickey Mouse Club.

Disney’s Oceaneer Lab is a new pirate-themed area, for 3-to-12-year-old children. And, for the youngest cruisers – ages 3 months to 3 years – there’s a new It’s a Small World Nursery.

New Water Play Areas
    The upper ship decks have been redesigned for plenty of splashtacular fun, including:
    • Water thrills on the AquaDunk, a three-story body slide that begins with a surprise launch. A near-vertical drop sends guests on an exhilarating ride in a translucent tube that extends 20 feet over the side of the ship.
    AquaLab is an interactive water playground open to kids ages 3 and up. And, also on deck, get drenched on the Twist n’ Spout water slide.
    • Tots up to age 3 can play in the new Nephews’ Splash Zone, offering pop jets and squirting figures of Donald Duck’s nephews.

Reinvented Dining Spaces
    New restaurants and new technology are on the menu for the restaurants aboard Disney Magic.
    Animator’s Palate is updated with all-new, animation-adorned walls, larger high-definition flat-screens, plus the addition of the popular “Animation Magic” dinner show, currently found on the Disney Fantasy.
    • The vibrancy of Rio de Janeiro creates an energetic atmosphere in Carioca’s, a new restaurant where, during the day, there’s a festival theme and, when night falls, the atmosphere transforms into an after-hours city scene with softly illuminated lanterns flickering overhead.
    Cabanas is an expanded casual dining experience themed to the Australian setting of the Disney-Pixar animated classic “Finding Nemo.”

New Nighttime Fun
    The Disney Magic offers big city-style fun in After Hours, the nighttime adult entertainment district. An all-new lineup of clubs includes venues for dancing, comedy, music and variety shows.
    Fathoms night club is a celebration of the sea that utilizes special effects, lighting and sound to create different atmospheres from early evening to night.
    • A low-key nighttime experience can be found at Keys piano bar and lounge.
    • Pub days of olde are recalled in O’Gills, an Irish pub and sports bar.

The reimagined Disney Magic will also offer expanded spa options in an unmatched ocean-view environment, including an all-new Chill Spa for tweens, family fun in the new D Lounge, a majestic lobby makeover and more!
    MiceChat Preferred Travel Partner

Contact us to book your next Disney Vacation!

Re: Disney Magic undergoing a major changes this fall

I was on the Magic just last week and would like to say that most of these changes are welcomed, but I will miss the chandelier in the lobby . Parrot Cay to Carioca's is an ok change--really wish they would have gone to a tiki room theme (but they didn't ask me!)

The two new slides are awesome, and moving the Mickey statue is fine too (Did he look gold in the picture to anyone else?). I am sure they will probably redo the staterooms also. It also looked to me like Palo was expanded a tad--

What are your thoughts?

I've been happy with how they handle the cruise line. I'm sure the new changes will be fun.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• Under that tree again!

More Magic Coming to the Disney Magic and Disney Cruise Line

posted on April 26th, 2013 by Jonathan Frontado, Disney Cruise Line

I’m thrilled to share Disney Cruise Line‘s exciting news today…there’s an extra dose of magic coming aboard the Disney Magic! Our first ship in the fleet is getting a “reimagineering” transformation during dry dock from Sept. 7 through Oct. 10, 2013.
    We’re adding brand-new experiences like AquaDunk, a really cool thrill slide that starts with a near-vertical launch and then sends guests in a translucent tube 20 feet over the side of the ship…

…and a chance for young “recruits” to unleash their inner super heroes at Marvel’s Avengers Academy! This is the first time Super Heroes from the Marvel Universe have been introduced on a Disney Cruise Line ship.

Plus, we’re re-imagining spaces, starting with a beautifully redesigned grand atrium lobby…

…bringing more splashtacular fun up on deck with the AquaLab water playground, Twist n’ Spout slide and Nephews’ Splash Zone for toddlers…

….giving families a vibrant new dining room, Carioca’s, inspired by Rio de Janeiro…

….and sprinkling the pixie dust on our adult-only Palo restaurant and Senses Spa & Salon.
    With an all-new lineup of clubs in the After Hours nighttime district, and with new lands of adventure in Disney’s Oceaneer Club, Disney’s Oceaneer Lab and It’s A Small World Nursery, both adults and kids have entirely new areas just for them. We’ll be taking a closer look inside these spaces in the weeks to come.
    Over the next several months we’ll be sharing tons of videos so you can have all the details on the ship’s transformation. We’ll also be giving exclusive sneak peeks to Disney Cruise Line fans on Facebook, including a Disney Magic Re-Imagined video series with global architecture expert Danny Forster. Be sure to check out the first video posted today at www.facebook.com/disneycruiseline!
    And if you want to be one of the first to take a virtual ride on AquaDunk, check out the Disney Cruise Line Facebook page today at 12 p.m. ET to “experience” this extreme thrill slide (through the eyes of Donald Duck!)
    Fans, tell us – which of these magical details coming to the Disney Magic excites you most?
    Keep an eye on the Disney Parks Blog and Disney Cruise Line Facebook page, and follow @DisneyCruise on Twitter for all of the exciting updates about the Disney Magic’s transformation! While you’re on Twitter, join in the conversation by using the hashtag #DisneyMagic.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Fairy Godmother or swampymarsh, any guesses as to whether/when similar renovations would be coming for the Disney Wonder?

I'm thinking that since they were built about one year apart, the Wonder would be next in line for refurbishments to make the older ship match some of the features of the newer Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy.

The Wonder is due to go into dry dock in 2014, but no word as of yet what would be refurbished. Remember the Wonder has had additions (like expansion of the Cove Cafe) that the Magic did not get, so there are no guarantees the same upgrades will be incorporated in both ships.

The dry dock for the Magic is an extremely long one and has the transatlantic time to use to finish the details, whereas the Wonder's rumored dry dock time looks to be roughly 4-5 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Fairy Godmother Travel View Post
    The Wonder is due to go into dry dock in 2014, but no word as of yet what would be refurbished. Remember the Wonder has had additions (like expansion of the Cove Cafe) that the Magic did not get, so there are no guarantees the same upgrades will be incorporated in both ships.

The dry dock for the Magic is an extremely long one and has the transatlantic time to use to finish the details, whereas the Wonder's rumored dry dock time looks to be roughly 4-5 weeks.
    Thank you for the information! I didn't know that the Wonder had received refurbishments that the Magic had not.

Is there some way of knowing when the 2014 dry dock for the Wonder will be? Are there gaps in the sailing schedule that you can guess will be the dry dock period?

Thanks again for the information.

Wow! That looks like so much fun! I hope that the renovations are finished soon or they have similar ships that are just as much fun because my family would absolutely love this! I will definitely try to book one of these trips for my family and me just as soon as everything is finished or if they have something the same if not better. I'd say we are due for a vacation so hopefully they have a similar trip like this ready to go sometime early next month. Thanks for sharing the pictures! I know what vacation I want to take my family on now .
    Last edited by xnickfx; 07-18-2013 at 04:36 PM.
    Check out SecretStashSafe.com for secret stash hidden compartment diversion security safes and keep your precious valuables safe and secure.