• Under that tree again!

How much is sanity worth.

Spoke to a friend of mine earlier today who said even though a Disney Cruise is very expensive, it's worth it for the sanity of parents.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

•   
    • Lurking in the corners

Blog Entries

Re: How much is sanity worth.

I can imagine! There is something appealing about going on a "family" vacation knowing that if mom & dad want a few hours alone they have a perfectly safe spot for the kids... and the kids WANT to go there!

“That's the way a lot of things happen... You think one person did something
    but he was just the one to put the color on it." – Ken Anderson
    ​I'm blogging here again!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

Don't have kids. I don't know how crazy family vacations can be (although I did take my uncle with ADD and "world revolves around me" syndrome on my last cruise.... I had to wear a lot of neon yellow at port so he could see me in a crowd. Didn't look touristy at all....). Here's what I can say about the expense versus sanity:

I live in a town of 15,000 people during the summer. In the winter this number is closer to 6,500 to 7,000 people. I live in a small island in the Pacific Northwest. My county has 150,000 people in it. Granted I grew up in Southern California and was a Disneyland dork when I lived there (I would lesson plan at the Golden Horseshoe), but now I live in a smaller community. I read that max occupancy for DLR- the California ones, is something like 117,000 people. Last time I was at Disneyland I had a panic attack because there were too many people...And I'm sorry but people at the parks are rude. So for me going on the cruises is a million times better. I can see the characters, I can have all these great Disney experiences, but there are less people. Even at Max occupancy on the Fantasy with a full crew there's only 5,450 people on the boat. I feel like the cruises handle the chaos better and to me even if it's more money, it's a better use of the money. I could go to the parks and get a hotel and all that, fly down there, rent a car, and because I'm in California I have to see all the relatives I try to avoid... and then the parks are crazy crowded. Disney cruise line I book my air through them, all my shuttles are done through Disney, and it's so much better.

• Under that tree again!

You are certainly right about that Knitter. The fixed capacity of the ships, and their infrastructure being built for that capacity does help things operate smoothly.

The only problem I've had on occasion is when I've gone to a port and there is only my ship there, and back again when 4 ships are there. It's a big difference when off the boat.

As an uncle it is great that the kids have stuff to do, and I have stuff to do, so we can be happy together and when apart.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.