Honeymooning on the Fantasy with MiceChatters (Oct 2013) + WDW

As some of you know (because you were on the trip with us), Dave and I just got back from a fun Disney World trip, broken up in the middle with a voyage of board the Disney Fantasy. It was super fun! A great way to honeymoon. (What did you expect we would do for our honeymoon, after getting both engaged and married at Disneyland?)

Name:  10914286416_b84762d3be_z.jpg
Views: 269
Size:  202.6 KB

We started the trip off with a long couple flights from California to Florida (non-stop there on Southwest is elusive, if it exists at all) and landed at MCO rather late. At the DME stop, we were treated to our first experience with the Magic Bands. Scan them at the MDE check-in stations, and that's all there was to it! Very easy and convenient. A bit of a bus ride later, and we were checking in at the Wilderness Lodge. At that point we had a bit of a surprise — instead of the standard room we were expecting, we had a small suite! And concierge lounge access! Yay, Fairy Godmother Travel!

The Magic Bands also worked as our room keys. Tap them on the door sensor, and voila! We had experienced this tech the year before, when we stayed at the Poly and the room keys worked the same way (no need to swipe or insert them through a magnetic card reader). I liked having the whole thing as a bracelet, though. Very easy.

Our room at the Wilderness Lodge as great, though we were annoyed that all of the food shuts down at midnight. We finished check-in somewhere around 11:30-11:45, and hand't had dinner. And we weren't the only guests checking in that late looking for food. Disney should fix that. Fortunately, we were able to get a flatbread pizza for a late dinner, and it was quite tasty (even if the options were extremely limited). After eating, we decided we weren't tired yet (still on Disneyland time) so we went for a stroll around the resort.

The Wilderness Lodge is absolutely lovely. Very stunning resort. I would gladly stay there again, though next time I will be aware that the strange noises I'm going to hear at all hours of the day and into the night are the resort launches or the geyser.

(Fun fact we learned about said "geyser" — it alters its direction based on the wind so as to not spray the guests. Very polite of it.)

Our first full day in the parks — Weds, Oct 16 — we spent in Hollywood Studios. (And that was the one and only time we went to that park. Poor DHS.) We had lunch reservations at The Hollywood Brown Derby. Neither of us had dined there before, and we greatly enjoyed the experience. Very good food and service. The lobster bisque soup I had before my entree was particularly good.

Name:  10914531865_0c48a6296d.jpg
Views: 230
Size:  118.0 KB
    We are good Communicore Cadets! See our buttons?

Following lunch, we watched some of the shows put on by the citizens of Hollywood. Great stuff! I did a little shopping as well, so missed bits of the shows, but what I saw was a lot of fun. Dave enjoyed the whole thing. We also watched the Muppets 3D because we'd heard there were pre-show differences. (Nothing major, except in WDW they don't let you sit down the way they do in DL.) Next was another test of the Magic Bands: this time seeing how they worked with FastPass+. We went over to Tower of Terror, and the Magic Bands were a piece of cake. Scan it, Mickey turns green, and off we go!

Side note: Dave’s Magic Band linked to his AP right away. Mine, for some strange reason, did not. (We both have Premiere passes good on both coasts.) It stumped the Cast Members, and they didn’t think there was a way to fix it without issuing me a Florida-based AP with the RFID tag, which would then cause problems when I try to use it in California. However, Dave figured out the problem when we got back to the hotel room that night. I don’t remember all the details because he tried several things, but it required us to unlink my pass from my account and then relink it. Frustrating, but better than having to hand my non-RFID pass to a Cast Member every time I wanted to enter a park.

While I do love the original TOT, my timing on riding it was probably not a good idea. Between jet lag, forgetting my morning caffeine, and the rich lunch, I didn't feel so great afterward. We went back to the hotel, and I napped while Dave headed to Downtown Disney to meet up with more MiceChatters for dinner. I called room service to see if they had any simple soups. They didn't — all the soups were rich and creamy — but the Cast Member I spoke with offered to have the chef make me a chicken noodle soup since I wasn't feeling well. Best chicken noodle I've had in a long time!
    Last edited by bookwyrm; 11-17-2013 at 03:38 PM. Reason: picture issues
    proud member of Rally team It Doesn't Matterhorn, winners of the 2012 Team Spirit award

Re: Honeymooning on the Fantasy with MiceChatters (Oct 2013) + WDW

On Thursday, while several of the MiceChatters went to Universal Studios, we went to the Magic Kingdom to look at New Fantasyland and meet up with my parents. My impression of New Fantasyland: it's beautiful, but incomplete. I do not think they should have opened it (at least not the "Grand Opening") until it was DONE. Having the mine coaster still behind walls seemed like how it would have felt if they opened Cars Land with Radiator Springs Racers not ready yet.

Name:  10914249865_e12f4ef380.jpg
Views: 198
Size:  112.9 KB
    I'm not sure if Rapunzel's courtyard is officially part of New Fantasyland, but it sure is pretty!

Dave and I did not eat at the new Be Our Guest restaurant – and though I’d intended to, we didn’t even peek inside to see the décor. (You’ll have to check with my folks. They ate there.) The four of us did, however, share a cinnamon roll at Gaston’s. Very tasty, and very huge! I can’t imagine eating one of those and NOT sharing it multiple ways.

Name:  10914249505_b8ce2d738d.jpg
Views: 201
Size:  116.8 KB
    I got cozy in Gaston's giant chair.

We did ride the Barnstormer coaster for the first time, though. (I think it was behind walls one of the two prior times we went to WDW.) Highly amusing ride, though very short. It’s along the lines of Gadget’s Go-Coaster in Disneyland, though the Barnstormer has a marginally more comfortable ride vehicle. I also spotted a five-legged goat on the back of the Barnstormer sign. I love looking for those now (thanks, Communicore Weekly!).

We also rode the Dueling Dumbos, and got stuck on it for a few minutes. That was amusing, if a little nerve-wracking. (When Dumbo gets stuck – or at least when it did for us – it goes all the way to the top and won’t descend. So we all ended up stuck at the top of the attraction. And then the ride ended, and we stopped going around in circles, but were still at the top. When they did bring us down after a moment or two, it jerked a little at first, though the rest of the descent was pretty smooth.)

Name:  10914560023_7fd9b131f1.jpg
Views: 200
Size:  104.0 KB
    Dumbo! ... before it broke ...

In addition to New Fantasyland stuff, we also played with the Magic Bands on Haunted Mansion, used regular FastPasses for the Jungle Cruise, took a spin on the PeopleMover, watched the Carousel of Progress and the Country Bear Jamboree, rode the flying carpets, and enjoyed a Citrus Swirl. (I do still love Dole Whips, but I can get those at my home resort.) It was a fun day, but we had to leave (semi) early because we didn’t have tickets to Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party. I’m sad to have missed the parade, but didn’t need all that candy.

Instead, my parents headed off to Jiko (the cooking place) and we went over to Sanaa (both in the Animal Kingdom Lodge) to meet up with some MiceChatters for dinner. We met DustySage and Fishbulb, Teresa of Fairy Godmother Travel, Jeffrey, Fred, and Bob Gurr. We all had fun over the bread & African dipping sauces that we ordered for an appetizer, and our meals were quite good as well. (Especially when we added the leftover dipping sauces to our entrees! Yum.) Part of the fun of the evening was watching Bob interact with the Cast Members helping us. Bob was wearing his Birthday button, and our waitress started off by calling him “Mr. Bob” – which then stuck for the rest of the night. It was great fun.

Name:  10914293036_1e583c4021.jpg
Views: 199
Size:  163.5 KB
    Happy birthday, Mr. Bob!
    Last edited by bookwyrm; 11-17-2013 at 03:41 PM. Reason: picture issues
    proud member of Rally team It Doesn't Matterhorn, winners of the 2012 Team Spirit award

Friday started (for us) the MiceChat part of the trip. This was the day of the Sip ‘N’ Nibble Around The World! (AKA day of eating and drinking…) The day started in Epcot with a meet-up near the Festival Pavilion. From there, we wandered as a (LARGE!) group to the World Showcase. Our first stop was in Mexico. From there, we had some people secure a shaded seating area, while others ran off to get sips and nibbles from the nearby booths.

Name:  10914548873_349c875a31.jpg
Size:  190.3 KB
    Larry & Kathy (my parents) with me (Nikki) and Dave

(Unlike past years, where we made more stops, this was how we handled the day. Fewer stops, but we stayed at each location a little longer, and brought food back to the central location. It worked quite well, especially for those of our group who don’t do well with lots of standing around. This way we could let those who needed to sit down for a while.)

Once everyone had enjoyed tastes of the food from our first area, most of us rode the Gran Fiesta Tour... and had a longer than usual ride when the attraction stopped half-way through. We kept moving under our prior momentum, but the speed was much slower than when the ride operates normally. (Someone started singing “it’s a small world”, but that didn’t last.) Fortunately for the Sip ‘N’ Nibble, we weren’t stuck for long, and the ride continued after a few moments.

We continued along, sipping and nibbling our way around the World (Showcase), making new friends and becoming reacquainted with old friends. It was great to see Todd and Ellen, some of our friends from LAST year’s Sip ‘N’ Nibble back at this year’s event. We also started to be better friends with several people who were going to be on the cruise with us. We didn’t make any more stops for attractions during the Sip ‘N’ Nibble, but there was a group Bathroom Break at the American Adventure. We took a group photo just after our stop in France, and hopefully that will be posted online somewhere for those who are in it to enjoy.

Name:  10914301116_9f283d33a5.jpg
Size:  107.6 KB
    ​Spaceship Earth, MiceChat style!

After the official end of the event, most of us headed down to ride Spaceship Earth as a group. It wasn’t quite the same as the ride on Spaceship Earth we’d had a year ago after the Communicore Weekly live show (with the lights on! Yay!) but it was still a ton of fun. The group disbanded further after that. I think a group of people went off to do something else as a group, but we (and some others) broke off at that point. Dave and I, with my parents, went off to ride Maelstrom since my parents hadn’t been on it before. I am still highly amused by that ride. We did a few more things in Epcot, including dinner at the Moroccan restaurant (I’m not sure how we were hungry for dinner after eating our way around the world, but there you are), and then Dave and I left the park while my parents rode Test Track. We ended up in Downtown Disney for ice cream at Ghirardelli — yet more food! It was a very tasty day.

Saturday morning began the Big Adventure: our first cruise. We got up bright and early, and I nearly lost Dave’s suit jacket on the taxi that brought us to the group meeting spot. (Sorry sweetie! So glad you caught up with him.) We all boarded the bus, and we were off on our way to Port Canaveral.

Security and check-in for the cruise line wasn’t too bad, though they ended up with a LOT of people waiting in the pre-board area. I’m just glad that we were able to board the ship in one of the early groups. We got our “Welcome Aboard” photo taken as a large group instead of small groups (for the most part — I think my parents had both taken) and then were announced on the ship as the MiceChat family.

Name:  10914251245_bcb167a0a4.jpg
Views: 197
Size:  214.4 KB
    Welcome aboard, MiceChat family!

We were completely blown away by the spectacle of it all, and we’d only just stepped onboard the Fantasy.

After grabbing a quick lunch, we headed down to take the introductory tour of the ship. It was a much needed overview of our home for the next week — though by the time we disembarked a week later, we knew how to get everywhere we were allowed. After the tour, our room was ready, and we stowed our gear before heading up to the cocktail reception hosted by Fairy Godmother Travel in the Outlook Lounge. It was a lovely spot with a great view, and the perfect opportunity to socialize with our group all in one spot. (More group photos were taken that I hope to see at some point.)

Next was the evacuation drill, followed by the captain’s sail away party on deck. We all gathered with our FGT-provided pompoms, and waited for the ship to leave port. It took a little longer than it was supposed to, but when we did leave we had the treat of sailing past the Disney Magic, which was still docked. It was really neat seeing the crew of the Magic lining the rails to see us off. Captain America was on the bridge, too, waving and saluting as we left. So much fun.

Name:  10914244235_61f537cd38.jpg
Size:  143.8 KB
    After dinner at Palo we wandered the ship a little since I was feeling better. We asked a nice fellow guest to take our picture in the atrium. The guests onboard were super nice (usually), compared to the indifferent you often get in the parks.

We didn’t have time to relax and watch as we left Florida, though, because we had group reservations at Palo that night. So, once we’d left port, we headed to our rooms to change into fancy clothes. Then up we went to Deck 12, where we joined the group for a fancy dinner. The meal was amazing, and I was able to enjoy it more than I’d feared. (I get motion sick pretty easily, and had worried that I’d have trouble onboard ship. Luckily, I only had issues the first three days at dinner, and nothing more serious than feeling supremely uncomfortable for a few minutes.) It was also a lot of fun listening to Mr. Bob tell stories.

On our second day, we took the “Art of the Theme Show Tour,” which went into more detail about the ship and why certain themes were chosen for different areas. I’m even more glad that we took this tour than the first one: it was really neat getting to know some of the reasoning behind the different thematic choices, and we got some cool tips about how to navigate onboard ship. For instance, the carpeting in the forward, midships, and aft sections have slightly different color schemes which can help you determine where you are. The mail holders are in the shape of fish on the port (left) side, and starfish on the starboard (right) side. And in the stateroom hallways, there are five-pointed stars in the carpeting. The top point will point forward, while the bottom of the star points aft.

Name:  10914561713_b0af73c9ed.jpg
Size:  80.7 KB
    One stop on the tour was Remy, to see all of the fun movie-inspired designs and theming. I was amused to see that Remy had their own designated iron, and that the "little chef" was even drawn on the iron.

The different activities on sea days kinda started to blend together, so while we had a bunch of fun and really enjoyed the time at sea (Dave said, and I agree, that the sea days were as much — or more — fun than the port days) I can’t tell you for sure what we did on which day. So I’m just going to go into some of my favorite things onboard ship, and will talk about the port days afterward.

Name:  10915344783_4ff0bdfb1e.jpg
Size:  119.7 KB
    ​Best. View. Ever.

One of my favorite activities on sea days was to just sit in a lounge chair on Deck 4 and watch the ocean go by. If you sat in the right place, you could also enjoy a shuffleboard game or two, plus watch joggers run by every now and again. At one point, I was sitting there working on my cross-stitch, and I saw some characters go by on their way to and from a dance party. This moment contained some fabulous Disney magic for one particular reason that many people would have overlooked. This area was not “backstage,” but neither was it a well-populated area of the ship. There were very few people there besides me at that point in time. Well, as they walked from one door to another, Mickey and Minnie took hands and strolled along like many other loving couples I’d seen walking the decks onboard ship. It was a very touching moment, and fewer than a dozen guests were present to see it. I do love the Disney touches on even the smallest things.

Name:  10914561553_9c88229a6f.jpg
Size:  162.3 KB
    I continued to be a good Communicore Cadet, taking Bathroom Break photos for Jeff and George. There were some amazingly beautiful restrooms onboard ship.

Another favorite thing to do onboard ship was to hang out in the café. Our favorite was the Cove Café on Deck 11, at least in part because it was in the adult-only area of the ship. (The other café was on Deck 4 in the Atrium, and was a lot busier with random activities. The noise from the line for some character meet & greets, for instance, often ended up impacting the atmosphere in that café.) Our group ended up taking over one section of the Cove Café and calling it MiceChat Corner. Chances are, when it was a quiet sea day and you were looking for a MiceChatter, you could find someone in MiceChat Corner.

On sea days, if you were on deck around noon, you could hear the captain’s report followed by the sounding of all seven of the ship’s horns. (You can hear the horns play on YouTube, if you’re curious. They’re a lot of fun.) I found this out accidentally the first sea day, and didn’t get on deck early enough to hear the horns. I made a point of being on deck at noon each of the other sea days, though.

No trip report of the Disney Fantasy would be complete without a review of the pools and the AquaDuck. For me, the pools were not the highlight of Deck 11. (That was the Cove Café.) However, they were very amusing, and could be a nice way to cool off on a hot day. The problem was often finding a comfortable location because the pools were crowded. As with the café, I think the best options were the adult-only pools — not because I have a real issue with kids in pools, but because they had fewer people in them. The hot tubs were generally more full than the pools even in the adult section, but again it was preferable to trying to crowd in with all the kids and families in the main section. And some of the hot tubs had glass sections on their floors so that you could look down to see the sea below, since Deck 11 extended further out than Deck 10. (Be careful when in these hot tubs, though. Just ask Teresa and Jenn, who could see into the hot tubs from their veranda on Deck 5.)

The AquaDuck was a lot more fun than I feel it had any right to be. It’s a water slide that goes around the pools in a mostly clear tube so you can see the ship, the sky, and even the sea below. As water slides go, it’s not the most thrilling one out there, but it’s fun enough – and combined with the view, it’s really a lot of fun. However, the trick is finding a time to ride it when there’s not a huge crowd, because waiting in the line for it is not fun.

Name:  10914240675_d3fd7a6436.jpg
Size:  172.8 KB
    ​Mixology in action!

We also took both a Mixology course and a Galley Tour. (Sadly they were overlapping, so we missed the end – and, we’re told, best part – of Mixology. Still, I’m glad we got to see the kitchens.) They were both amusing, though Mixology seemed more an excuse to drink than a way to really learn anything about how to tend bar, and the galley tour would have been a lot more fun (and a lot less possible) when there were chefs there doing some real cooking.
    Last edited by bookwyrm; 11-17-2013 at 04:06 PM.

One part of shipboard life that took us a while to get used to was the non-dinner dining. Yes, there were options. Yes, we could pick whatever we wanted from those options. But which of the options did we like best? And how did they vary? That was the part that took adjusting to. We tended to breakfast in the Enchanted Garden, because it was the closest to our stateroom. It was good, don’t get me wrong, but it was just a buffet breakfast. We never (until the final day, which is different anyway) went to the Royal Court for breakfast. It was the Enchanted Garden, Cabanas, or room service (on port days) for us for breakfast. Lunch was a little more varied: we made a bigger effort to try the different restaurants available. We even ate at the quick-service windows (overall named Flo’s, with different windows for different characters and food types) for one meal. That’s when I discovered they have cookies and pretzels there, nearly anytime I wanted them. (I’m glad we made this discovery toward the end of the trip. I’d have been in trouble otherwise.)

Dinners, on the other hand, were a lot of fun. Since Disney Cruise Line does assigned seating for dinner, there was no choice required. (Well, technically there was. You could eat at your assigned room & time, you could eat at the Cabanas buffet, or you could get room service. And that’s not taking Palo and Remy into account.) I particularly liked that our dining service team followed us from restaurant to restaurant as we rotated rooms. It was great to develop a relationship with them, and even better to have someone serving you who had a good guess as to your beverage preferences and such. By the end of the cruise, saying goodbye to our service team was a lot more difficult than I’d expected. I can’t imagine working in those positions and having to say goodbye to new friends every week for five or six months. One of the bartenders that we’d befriended said she hates Fridays, since that’s the last day she sees each set of guests. Our baristas in the Cove Café also were sorry to see us go.

Name:  10914553673_737a437162.jpg
Size:  116.8 KB
    me and Dave with our service team on the last day

Each of the dining rooms had their own charm. The Enchanted Garden was relatively calm, and simulated an outdoor dining area. The Royal Court was decorated in a formal style, with coaches similar to Cinderella’s pumpkin coach embossed on the china and mosaics of the different princesses on the walls. And the Animator’s Palette was an amazing show experience both of the nights we dined there: with one night being a larger-scale version of Turtle Talk With Crush (and you have never experienced Turtle Talk until you have watched Bob Gurr, self-proclaimed “old dude”, kiss Crush) and the second night featuring drawings the guests made before dinner coming to life with the help of Sorcerer Mickey, and dancing along with the music.

Name:  10915415173_0a619d54a7.jpg
Size:  99.4 KB
    I tried to take a selfie with the sunset before our dinner at Remy. It didn't work, but the rest of the group had a great time laughing at us me.

The most amazing dinner we had onboard ship, though, was at Remy, hands down. My only regret about it was that we dined there on Day 3, when I was still being affected by the motion of the sea at dinner. There was one moment when I thought I was going to lose it, but luckily it passed quickly and I was fine.

The food, though, was much better than fine. It was SPECTACULAR. And when you combine the food with the impeccable service, it was quite probably the best meal I have ever had. Because we were dining at Remy with a large group (large enough that we split into the two private dining rooms), we were served a complementary champagne cocktail followed by a fixed menu. The menu consisted of a king crab trio, including caviar; black cod, with lentils, mussels, and saffron; quail served with figs and parsnips; Boeuf Wagyu on a spicy taco bed with lemon cream and guacamole; and a chocolate praline for dessert. And there were little surprises everywhere, like extra chocolate after dessert, and these amazing warm tomato bursty things before the meal. The experience was marvelous. And the result of not being able to choose my meal meant that I tried things I never had before, and never would have if they wasn’t served to me by the chef like that.

Name:  10914240245_1234db660f.jpg
Size:  112.7 KB
    some of the spectacular food

On top of the great food and amazing service (we all got a kick out of how when domed plates were delivered, our main waiter would collect other servers to help him so that all the domes could be removed at once), we got an unexpected show with dinner. That night we were passing by a lightning storm, and those of us facing the window got to watch the lightning hit the sea and light up the night sky. It was lovely! And it rocked the boat just enough more than the engines usually did (Remy and Palo are located at the aft of the ship, above the engines, where the engine vibrations add to the motion of the sea and make my stomach even less happy — not my ideal location for a dining area) that the motion was obvious to other people, and not just me. Perversely, this made it easier for me to handle it. I think that the motion was more predictable at that point, but it could be just that I was adjusting anyway.

Name:  10915113055_0cb2e3ebf9.jpg
Size:  149.7 KB
    After dinner photo, with my Remy rose.

One more bit of amazing service at Remy: when I got up to use the restroom, our waiter materialized at my elbow, unasked, and proceeded to escort me. Just because. I was blown away.
    Last edited by bookwyrm; 11-17-2013 at 04:09 PM.

And now as for the ports... We had stops in St. Maarten, St. Thomas/St. John, and Castaway Cay. Dave and I did port adventures in all three, mostly because we didn’t know what our shipboard options would be and didn’t want to miss any part of the experience. If I were to make this same trip again, I don’t know that I’d pick the same excursions.

Name:  10914393104_ab5f94f690.jpg
Views: 196
Size:  139.4 KB
    the Butterfly Farm on Sint Maarten

St. Maarten was our first stop, and my least favorite of the three. We took a tour of the Butterfly Farm (followed by a bus tour of parts of the island) with several other MiceChatters. The butterfly garden was awesome. I loved that part. The rest of the island (that we saw) was okay but I could have done with a lot less time. I’d have rather spent more time at the Butterfly Farm.

Name:  10915500844_eacb124f86.jpg
Views: 194
Size:  90.6 KB
    the Champagne Catamaran Sail & Snorkel to St. John

Our second port of call was St. Thomas. Once there, Dave and I joined my parents on a Catamaran Champagne Sail & Snorkel. We sailed out to Honeymoon Beach on St. John, set anchor a ways out from shore, and went out snorkeling. It was my first time snorkeling, and I had a blast. (Plus, the water was warm! Lovely change from Northern California.) We got to see lots of fish and a couple of sea turtles. Very cool.

Name:  10914558233_9f77484ba4.jpg
Size:  155.5 KB
    Tom & Jeffrey enjoying the waters off Castaway Cay

Name:  10914389144_6dd9d728c5.jpg
Views: 195
Size:  128.7 KB

Castaway Cay, Disney’s private island, was our final port of call and possibly the most fun. (It’s hard to say, because I did really enjoy the second port as well. Also, we were able to see everything on Castaway Cay – though obviously there wasn’t enough time to DO everything – while we only scratched the surface on the other two islands.) Castaway Cay was certainly the one that felt the most comfortable, since it was an entirely Disney experience. You could use your room key to pay for everything on the cay just like on the ship. (Except the post office, that is. But everything else.)

Name:  10914295196_54ba7c059f.jpg
Size:  126.3 KB
    You know it's Disney's private island when there are photo ops with the characters on the dock...

On the Cay, Dave and I spent some time hanging out with the MiceChatters, both at the lunch area on the adults-only beach, and at the private cabana some of the group had reserved. We also went to Castaway Ray’s Stingray Adventure, which I really enjoyed. It was an hour-long excursion, and included both feeding the stingrays and then snorkeling with them. (The water, though still warmer than my usual beaches, was noticeably colder than it was off the coast of St. John.) Feeding the stingrays was a trip. They had three food offerings: “stingray jello”, shrimp, and calamari. You put the food sticking up between your fingers, then lay your hand flat on the base of the feeding platform, and the rays would swim over your hand and suck up the food. Really strange (but incredibly cool) feeling. And as they swam by, you could pet the rays. They are completely used to people, too, and many times would brush against our legs as they swam by.

Name:  10914385004_513a0d5abd.jpg
Size:  129.6 KB
    bidding farewell to Castaway Cay from the Meridian bar

After we (sadly) returned to port, Dave and I spent a few more days in Walt Disney World. This time we stayed at the Animal Kingdom Lodge, since Dave knew it was a dream of mine to stay there with a savannah view. YOU GUYS. THERE WERE GIRAFFES AND ZEBRAS AND PELICANS (oh my!) OUTSIDE MY WINDOW.

Name:  10914556053_46b0b58383.jpg
Size:  175.9 KB
    the view from our balcony

We also spent more time in the parks, but for this part of the trip we took our time and had a relaxing trip. (After coming off a week on a cruise ship, there was no way we were about to ruin the relaxation by rushing.) We spent a full day at Animal Kingdom, and ran into Ari and Danny and Itty Bitty Fat Baby™ while there. (After running into MiceChatters around every corner onboard ship, it was nice to see some of our group again once we got back to the parks.)

Name:  10914384954_4b2951a75d.jpg
Size:  173.7 KB
    Look who we found!

I also was able to meet one of my Internet friends in person for the first time. She and her family arrived in Orlando just after we returned from the cruise, and we made a point to meet up and say hello – and take several pictures – since we had the opportunity. It was great to meet her in person after several years of knowing her online only.

Name:  10914238315_37bff4fc94.jpg
Size:  157.9 KB
    me with my previously online-only friend

Unfortunately, though, all good things have to end sometime, and we headed back home after a wonderful two-week vacation. It was a wonderful experience for a first cruise, and we’ve both decided that it will not be our last.

Name:  10914551933_0fc425e734.jpg
Size:  181.3 KB
    The last thing we did was to ride the PeopleMover – yet again – and watch the Electrical Parade. I do love that parade.

Thanks again to everyone who participated and helped make this such an amazing trip!

Name:  10914548493_1ba487c952.jpg
Size:  182.0 KB
    Chip and Dale got a bit silly (well, sillier than usual) when they noticed our "Happily Ever After" buttons.

• Seasick

Great trip report! This was a wonderful cruise.

The Remy dinner was ridiculously good. I want to know how they managed to make breaded soup, which was still liquid within that outer crust.

The only time I found no line for the AquaDuck was after 11:00 on Pirates night. It was empty for that last hour. I wish they had kept it open that late every night.
    My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

• Mrs. J. Depp

Fantastic!! Looks like a blast. I can't wait to do a Disney Cruise someday.

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!