• Under that tree again!

2015 Cruise Destinations from the Disney Parks Blog

Disney Cruise Line Reveals New 2015 Destinations

Now, we’re charting a course to even more amazing destinations next year, and since there are so many new options for your family, I asked Cruise Director Brent to help me tell you all about it. Take a look at this video to find out where we’re headed and to get a glimpse of some of the exciting places we’ll be sailing to for the first time ever!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npzqkQwhauc#t=108
    Last edited by dland_lover; 05-08-2014 at 04:55 AM. Reason: Pared down article to avoid copyright infringment, per MiceChat policy.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

• former CM

Re: 2015 Cruise Destinations from the Disney Parks Blog

Thanks Swampy! That was one of the best promo videos I've ever seen:
    Disney Cruise Line Reveals New 2015 Destinations « Disney Parks Blog

I'd love to do that Norway Cruise!
    And a few other European Disney Cruises.

We went on a Disney Alaska Cruise in the summer of 2013 and it was the best vacation any of the three of us has ever been on. How great to stay in your "hotel room" and still see different locations. The natural beauty of Alaska was incredible and, of course, constantly changing.

I might pick on Disney's parks now and them, but Disney's Wonder and its entire crew is truly Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious, and I don't think I've ever written that word before. Inside cabins are fine, so if anyone is on the fence about splurging, I'd say go for it. We didn't do any official Disney shore excursions, but our own research and previous experience in Alaska (a honeymoon) led us on some excellent trips on our own. If I did a Mediterranean cruise and had a just a day for Rome or Florence, I'd go with an official tour because there is a variety of them at different price levels.

• Under that tree again!

For excursions I would suggest doing it on your own if you feel comfortable. The only thing doing them through your cruise does is guarantee you won't make it back to your port.

For example.

Cruise line says go do this for $100. You find your own transport and same activity can be done for $35. This is very common to find such a price difference because the port towns have many companies competing for business but only one can be the official company of the cruise line.

Or you book the same thing, ride the same transport visit the same site. But those who did it through the cruise pay $50 and you only paid $25.

Also cruise lines take you to the common spots. You may want something more adventurous or more time or something better. Cruise says go visit beach A the well known beautiful beach. You find that beach A reviews say crowded and dirty so want to go to beach B the clean unknown beach for locals.

Or everyone goes to the Coliseum. Cruise bus picks you up at the end of the dock take you 45 minute to the Coliseum through traffic. You walk across the street and get on a train and in 20 minutes you are at the coliseum.

So why with the cruise? Well your raft sinks and you are waiting next to a river for another raft to be launched and you are now running 3 hours late. You did it through the cruise, so the cruise holds the ships in the dock. You did it on your own, the ships leaves and you are booking a flight to the next port. It's very rare, but it happens. Basically it's like insurance that if there is a problem the cruise will be responsible.

There is one case were you must book through the cruise. Anything at Castaway Cay.

When you are a pro cruiser you always book yourself. But there is one reason to not too. Some of my friends, parents friend, family friends are on a cruise around the world. They don't do everything on their own.

Go to Kiribati, it's a little island, get off the ship walk around, locals sell you crap and pose for pictures, very simple do it on your own. Go to Singapore, get off walk around take the trains, English is used it's very civilized, do it on your own. Go to India, book with the cruise. You aren't taking a public train to the Taj Mahal, and staying in a motel you find there. You are booking a nice train with reserved seats, bottled water and a hotel with its own power because that place is not modern. Go to Barcelona they do whatever they want, they've been there 5 times.
    Last edited by swampymarsh; 03-29-2014 at 02:39 PM.
    Be Cool Stay in School!

• Across From DL

The 2015 prices are horrible!!!! $5700 for an inside cabin for 7 days on the fantasy

"To All Who Come To This Happy Place Your Welcome!"

• Under that tree again!

Be Cool Stay in School!