Question Cruising with our parents

Hey gang,

It looks like my in-laws would like to treat us to a DCL for May of next year. I read PecosBill review & first of all thank you. That was an amazing trip report...very insightful and helpful!

Here is the situation....my husband and I are adults without any children and his folks are 79 & 80 years old. They are seasoned cruisers. I have told them from the reviews that I have read that the food and the automatic gratuity are the only items that may not be up to their expections.

They seem like they are on board for the DCL.

SO.....my questions are

1. Is the food really that hit or miss? Is it like WDW park food? If so what restaurants in the park would you compare to the restaruants on the ship? (example...Royal Palace is comparable to Living Seas restaurant)

2. What restaurants are must do's?

3. I understand that there are adult only sections. What is your experience with these sections?

4. What on-board activities are a must-see? (Keeping in mind that we do love Disney entertainment and are children free)

5. What are the must-do's of Cast Away Cay?

OK...side note....I feel like Stacey from the hotel rooms at WDW....."time to do the must-do's"....lol

6. Any other helpful tips/hints are appreciate.

Hope everyone is doing well and I look forward to all of your advice/help!

~MissyMouse

• former CM

Re: Cruising with our parents

The food was very good--where you eat will be determined so you'll get to try all of the biggest restaurants. Try to eat in the adults-only restaurant. If you fail to make reservations before the cruise, just stop by, maybe well before they open, and the people running it might be able to get you a reservation for a future meal.

Where are you cruising? It sounds like the Bahamas or the Caribbean. Can you go to Alaska? I'd add Europe, but your in-laws are treating.

Later at night the excellent main stage comedians do more grown up comedy shows. Just check your schedules, and do see the shows that are meant for the whole family too. They get some excellent entertainers!

Have a nice time!

jcruise86,

Thanks for the feedback. We are doing the 4 night Bahama cruise.....just a little get away with the hubby & family. It would be the Disney Dream. Looks like our cabins are in a nice location....midship...level 7.

I was wondering if the adults-only restaurants were worth the additional $...thanks for the recommendations.

Hope to hear some more!

~MissyMouse

•   
    • At one w/ our Disneyness

Palo is certainly worth the $25 upcharge. Would eat there every night. Fantastic food. Great wine list.

Remy is an absolute formal dressing treat. $75 upcharge , worth every penny and must be experienced at least once.
    Just countin' the days til the next visit!

Palo is certainly worth the $25 upcharge. Would eat there every night. Fantastic food. Great wine list.

Remy is an absolute formal dressing treat. $75 upcharge , worth every penny and must be experienced at least once.