It looks like my in-laws would like to treat us to a DCL for May of next year. I read PecosBill review & first of all thank you. That was an amazing trip report...very insightful and helpful!
Here is the situation....my husband and I are adults without any children and his folks are 79 & 80 years old. They are seasoned cruisers. I have told them from the reviews that I have read that the food and the automatic gratuity are the only items that may not be up to their expections.
They seem like they are on board for the DCL.
SO.....my questions are
1. Is the food really that hit or miss? Is it like WDW park food? If so what restaurants in the park would you compare to the restaruants on the ship? (example...Royal Palace is comparable to Living Seas restaurant)
2. What restaurants are must do's?
3. I understand that there are adult only sections. What is your experience with these sections?
4. What on-board activities are a must-see? (Keeping in mind that we do love Disney entertainment and are children free)
5. What are the must-do's of Cast Away Cay?
OK...side note....I feel like Stacey from the hotel rooms at WDW....."time to do the must-do's"....lol
6. Any other helpful tips/hints are appreciate.
Hope everyone is doing well and I look forward to all of your advice/help!