Important Embarkation Info

The info below was just released to us today. It is very important to schedule your airline travel early in the day you are to sail. Booking your air travel on carriers that have more than a few flights out to Orlando from your city would be your best bet. This way you can try to get out on the next flight if there is a problem with your flight. You can always arrive the day before and stay at the Airport, WDW or Cocoa Beach.

Cruise Travel Information
    As a reminder, effective Feb. 19, 2008, the US Customs and Border Protection (CBP) will require carriers to transmit passenger and crew manifests for vessels departing the United States no later than 60 minutes prior to departure. All passengers must be checked in by 4 p.m. in order to sail. (This regulation is known as the APIS Rule.) This policy change will go into effect at Disney Cruise Line® beginning with the Feb. 21, 2008, sailing onboard the Disney Wonder®.

Guests are advised to contact Disney Cruise Line if they are experiencing travel delays (either airline or road traffic) on the day of their sailing. Please note that if a Guest advises Disney Cruise Line that they may not arrive until after 4 p.m., they will be advised that they may not be able to sail.

New Airport Cruise Check-In
    Effective Feb. 21, 2008, the airport team will perform the cruise check-in for Guests arriving between 3 and 3:45 p.m. Any Guests arriving at the airport after 3:45 p.m. will not be able to board at the airport. Please note that Disney Cruise Line® will not transfer these Guests to the port.

Denied Boarding Process
    If a Guest arrives after the designated boarding time, Disney Cruise Line® will offer them the option to board the ship at the next port at their own expense. This option will only be offered to Guests (it will not be offered to vendors, an officer’s family or Cast traveling on business).

If they do not want to board the ship at the next port, Disney Cruise Line will give them a Guest Communications card to request a refund and Guest Communications will handle their request (this is the same process that is currently in place for Guests who are denied boarding the ship).

If the luggage of a Guest who was denied boarding has already made it onboard, the port team will retrieve the luggage from the ship. If for some reason the luggage is not found before the ship sails, the ship will send it back to the airport and the luggage team will make sure the Guest receives their luggage.

• Sock Puppet

Re: Important Embarkation Info

I highly recommend getting in the day before if at all possible. You never know what could happen. I cruised last month and my friend met me in Florida the day before. Thank goodness- the next morning, her city already had 7 inches of snow! She never would have made it if she flew in the same day.

Also, the port opens up pretty early. Why not make the most of your trip and get on the ship as soon as possible. When we sailed on the Disney Cruise, we arrived around 11:30 and were on the ship around 12:30.

• Banned User

question: is the check in time the same for the repositioning cruise in may? thanks in advance for the info.

• making magic is fun!

Great point Denise. I would hate to miss my cruise or be denied boarding.
    Kelly

• MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Always watching...

Thanks for the information Denise! I am planning on flying to Orlando the day before and be on one of the first shuttles out of the hotel the morning of the cruise. I want every minute I can get on the ship!

• World Traveler

Thanks for the information. We always try to check in early anyways.

Yes, this effects every cruise out of Port Canaveral. You must be on the ship by 4pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmash95 View Post
    question: is the check in time the same for the repositioning cruise in may? thanks in advance for the info.