Upcoming Face Character Auditions in L.A.

Hi everyone! Whoever has either worked for DCL or auditioned to be a face character for them I would really appreciate all the advice. I just got finished with TDL auditions and they were a blast but no luck. I've also gone to DLR and WDW auditions once each so I definitely have a good idea of what the face character auditions are al about but each resort does them extremely differently and Im wondering if DCL is similar to any one resort or what they do. Anyone who plans on going I would love to hear from you as well!
    "The more you like yourself the less you are like anyone else and that makes you unique." -Walt Disney

Question Re: Upcoming Face Character Auditions in L.A.

All I would like to know is: are the face characters that sign autographs and take pictures seperate from the face characters on stage in the shows?? It seems to me it would make more sense to just have the stage performers double as the photo op characters, but they do not specify in the audition information that face characters need to be able to sing and dance in the shows.

I would like to know more about it before I show up to a face audition and find out I also need to sing and dance. Thanks!

Re: Upcoming Face Character Auditions in L.A.

I think sometimes they do both things depending on how good you are but most of the time there are separate auditions for the stage shows. They will tell you that on disneyauditions.com. You do not need to sing for a face audition but you do need to dance a little and ACT big time. Hope this helps! Good luck!
    "The more you like yourself the less you are like anyone else and that makes you unique." -Walt Disney

Well, I made it all the way through the audition, hopefully i'll get a call, they said to wait to hear something until the beginning of May, ugh! Ill be in agony until then!

Quote Originally Posted by sweet_kisses288 View Post
    Well, I made it all the way through the audition, hopefully i'll get a call, they said to wait to hear something until the beginning of May, ugh! Ill be in agony until then!
    May will be here before you know it. Good Luck!

Thanks Denise I need all the luck I can get!!

hey congrats and good luck! how did the audition go? what did they make you do? is it pretty much the same as the park auditions? i will most likely go to the next audition now that i know i don't have to sing

it was easy, basically all based on dance ability. Nothing technical just being really animated given you have to play an atmosphere character as well if you get picked for face. IT WAS REALLY FUN though!