Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Re: The Worst Restuarant in Disneyland

Try the food at Knott's sometime--really, really inedible! Bleaaahhh!! At least it's not that bad.

I am most grossed out by the reconstituted "chicken" strips at Paradise Pier, at the Malibu Dips and Strips or whatever it's called. The "chick'n" looked like cottage cheese or something.

Worst indigestion award goes to Rancho del Zocalo.

One time I got a salad from Pizza Port and it had some kind of larvae thing wriggling around in it. The manager came over, looked at me totally deadpan and said, "What? You didn't want larvae on your salad?" I had to admit she was pretty funny, and that was some slick guest handling on her part. They gave me a refund, etc.

• Earth Intruder

The worst restaurant at the Resort is Storyteller's Cafe. On both service and food. If you go, be sure to have a bottle of Pepto Bismol in your backpack. But at least you save a little money by not tipping!
    I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)

Founding Member of the BA!

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

The Blue Bayou's Monte Cristos remain a delight. I wonder if they still prepare the sandwiches en masse in the New Orleans Main Kitchen the way they used to when I worked there.
    Like the rest of DCA, the food there is very forgettable.
    And maybe my passion for sports clouds my judgment here, but I found the ESPN Zone's food to be excellent - the Rain Forest Cafe also a good choice at DTD the last time I made it down there.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Gay Man

I don't have very high expectations for any restaurant at the DLR. I reserve my "foodie snob" attitude for other places. However, there are just some places where bother the food and/or atmosphere is disgusting.

I've had both great food/service and bad food/service at every single DLR restaurant except 2 (Napa Rose and Vinyard Room). Even my regular haunts, TJ's, Catal/Uva, Brennan's, La Brea, Storytellers, Trattoria and Blue Bayou have been awful on occasion. But, it's all mostly passable except:

All restaurants at Paradise Pier (except Corn Dog Castle )
    Club Buzz
    Stage Door
    Village Haus

And I won't eat Turkey Legs after seeing quite a few uncooked ones. barf.

• Traveler to the south

I really miss Big Thunder BBQ! That was some yummy food in it's heyday! Now, I just eat a HUGE breakfast and snack all day so I don't need to sit down and eat!
    "Remember: when life gives you lemons, just be glad you're not a zebra."
    - Skipper Mike

• Social Imagineer

This thread is great help for my ongoing Disneyland Spending Boycott.

Thanks, everybody, most sincerely.

DL - Tomorrowland Terrace, my burgers there have always been *cold* and flavorless!

DCA - Pizza Oom Mow Mow. Hands down.

• Mice Chat Newbie

Disneyland: That Mexican place in Frontierland. Hello!? We're in CALIFORNIA! What's with the bad Mexican food????

DCA: Pizza Ow Mow Cow Wow...I can't say it, never could. My b/friend teases me about it.

Downtown: Rain Forest Cafe. Not a huge fan of themed restaurants and this one is lousy.

• The Useless Prince

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ttztotdca50
    Tortilla Joe's. That stuff tastes horrible!
    OMG!!! Me and All my friends got sick from the food there...It is horid

Quote Originally Posted by Casey
    Downtown: Rain Forest Cafe. Not a huge fan of themed restaurants and this one is lousy.
    I took my kids here for the first time this Tuesday. We had an early dinner; only had to wait about 10 minutes for a table. While I thought the food was pretty good, and both of my sons agreed, the plastic rain forest was annoying at best. It looked tacky; lots and lots of fake plants, out-of-scale parrots, and poorly done lightning storms every twenty inutes or so. The huge salt water aquarium downstairs, which seemed to be treated as some kind of centerpiece to their entire theme, was downright sterile. You couldn't even get a table wiithout first having to walk through their gift shop of tee shirts, coffee mugs, and other crap that pretends to somehow "save the rainforest". The prices were about what one would expect in Disneyland, i.e. far too expensive for what you get.
    If this restaurant was themed as something like, oh I don't know, maybe a restaurant, I would probably eat there again. As they are now, I probably won't return.

• Banned User

Mcdonalds was one of the first signs of corruption in the management for the park. They need to get rid of these pronto and get In N Out there ESPECIALLY IN CALIFORNIA ADVENTURE.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345