Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Always watching...

Re: Disney Magic's Repo Cruise

I just got back today from this cruise and it was great!

-We had excellent weather (not a single drop of rain), and not too hot.
    -the Panama Canal was phenominal,
    -most of the ports were a lot of fun (Acapulco was not one of my favorites),
    -the boat is beautiful and spotless,
    -the crew and staff is the best I've ever seen
    -amazing shows and entertainment

As far as the swells, the roughest the water got was between Puerta Vallarta and Cabo...up to 18' swells. You can really feel the motion, but I don't know of anyone who was actually physically affected by it, the stabilizers cut down up to 90% of the movement (got that on the ship tour).

I hope to get up a trip report in the next week or two (waaaayyyy too many pictures to download ).

• Saving Wizard City :)

It was an absolute blast, but I'm still in return shock so can't post much too terribly coherent at this point. I can't even bring myself to face the laundry yet.

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Villains Fan View Post
    I just got back today from this cruise and it was great!

-We had excellent weather (not a single drop of rain), and not too hot.
    -the Panama Canal was phenominal,
    -most of the ports were a lot of fun (Acapulco was not one of my favorites),
    -the boat is beautiful and spotless,
    -the crew and staff is the best I've ever seen
    -amazing shows and entertainment

As far as the swells, the roughest the water got was between Puerta Vallarta and Cabo...up to 18' swells. You can really feel the motion, but I don't know of anyone who was actually physically affected by it, the stabilizers cut down up to 90% of the movement (got that on the ship tour).

I hope to get up a trip report in the next week or two (waaaayyyy too many pictures to download ).

Yep, GREAT weather every day! And every night , we'd go stand on Deck 10 at the very front and we never knew for sure just how windy it would be till we got there. The nights that were extra windy were the most fun!

I concur that the Panama Canal was phenomenal from the moment we arrived at night and had to wait in line with all the other boats who were also going to go through it in the morning. It was so much fun getting up at sunrise and having breakfast with everyone while we waited for our turn. I was in the gym peddling an exercise bike for 70 minutes.....the time it took to go through the first locks....the view from there of everything was fabulous. There were crew members off the ship taking pictures of the ship passing though the locks as well as pictures of the passengers waving from the boat! It was such a fun day!

The ship is gorgeous indeed! And even though we were on it for 15 days, I'm still not convinced we saw every single thing. We went on the tour and they pointed out things I definitely would have missed. I especially loved the atrium with the glass elevators and the two staircases. I also loved the two theaters. It was so much fun seeing Prince Caspian in the Walt Disney Theater on its opening day and I also saw The Bucket List and the Heartbreak Kid in the Buena Vista Theater.

The crew was so friendly and professional. Our stateroom host , Calvin , was great. It made me laugh every time I came in my stateroom and saw what towel animal he had made for us or where he had placed my little stuffed lion. I came in one night and my lion was playing the bongo drum that I had bought as a souvenir for one of my kids. Our waiters.... Levent, Adrian and Giuseppe... were great too. I will never forget them! The personal trainer , Peter, was amazing too. I had three excellent personal training sessions with him and his aerobic classes were a blast! Everyone agreed!

The shows were great......I especially liked the "cirque du soleil" style one because the athleticism was so amazing and I loved the "Twice Charmed" one for its special effects that were so beautiful. It was just amazing what the actors and effects teams were able to pull off on a moving ship.

Several people told me before I left that for my first cruise ever, 15 days would be way too long, but they were wrong. It was just the right length of time. If I'd had to get off after just 7 days , I would have been depressed. It was really neat to experience the Caribbean side and then the Mexican Riviera side since they are so different.

Castaway Cay was so beautiful and so much fun...warm water and good snorkeling and a party atmosphere and relaxing hammocks. Aruba had the best shopping imo, even though several of the things we looked at were out of my price range, but I love the affordable white cotton clothing we bought there.

I thought Acapulco was a blast but it was definitely beneficial being able to speak the language. Our views of the city from the ship first and then the top of the mountain when we went on the Petroglyphs tour were breathtaking. I wish we'd had a little more time in the first mercado we went to because they had great prices . The shops closer to the oprt weren't bad on prices though either. I love the sliver bracelet and purple cotton dress I bought there and I would have liked to have bought something at the Divina Tequila store except we were out of money by then. Our motto was "We like junk!"

Puerto Vallarta had a very clean port and the beaches there were amazing because of the statues and sand sculptures. The [people at the flea market were pretty pushy, but we got some good things for good prices....again , speaking the language helps. I'll never forget the cab ride back to the ship with Chernabog sitting on my lap as long as I live...soooooo funny! And the Dolphin Adventure we did there was fantastic....my very favorite picture from the entire trip was taken there. The boat ride and tasty Mexican buffet lunch were surprises I didn't know the excursion would include.

Cabo was my least favorite port...mostly because it wasn't what I expected...but it's not fair to say either because I was feeling kind of sick that day and the weather was extremely windy which took away from it. But it was still fun. We went on a Harbor cruise, a bus tour to an Italian restaurant that was beautiful and had great views , to Cabo Wabo for lunch and then did a little shopping and got a pedicure.

The sea days were a blast too. The next to last day of the cruise, the ship was rocking quite a bit and it was cooler out so most people were inside the ship. But a few of us went up on the 9th deck and "body surfed" in the swimming pool which even had waves in it. That was such a blast!

I kept thinking during the cruise that there is no way to fully describe what it is like even with pictures and stories..you really have to be there! I went there with no expectations since I had never been on a cruise and everything that took place far exceeded anything I could have imagined. If you've not been on a Disney cruise yet, it is definitely something you want to do in your lifetime. Had I known what it would be like (and if I had tons of money) I would have booked my entire family on the repo cruise in August as well as this cruise.

Too much fun!

As for the Micechatters who went along on the cruise, it was great fun hanging out with all of you and getting to know you all better!

And Villain's Fan, don't look now, but I think that Barracuda shark from Castaway Cay is outside your window right now!

• World Traveler

Sounds like everyone had a great time. I'd love to see photos of the voyage!

• Always watching...

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Buttercup View Post
    And Villain's Fan, don't look now, but I think that Barracuda shark from Castaway Cay is outside your window right now!

Cool Re: Disney Magic's Repo Cruise

We agree with all that has been said about the Repo Cruise. Disney does it right. I have been on other cruise lines and there is no comparison. It was fun meting Villain's Fan. I hope on of the new ships comes west to give Alaska in Disney's play book. The Mexican Rivera is not enough of an attraction to me to go multiple times. I thought that I might get tired of 15 days on the ship, but they had to drag me off kicking and screaming.

TeeVeeTD

• GO DBACKS!!

I just wish the rocking would stop. Last night I dreamed I was still on this ship and when I woke up at 3 a.m. I thought we were still in our stateroom.

It wasn't me, it was Lisa!

I'm back too, feel like cinderella, when the clock struck 12. It was fantastic, amazing and everything else. It was strange how it was chilly when we got past Puerto Vallarta. Somehow I thought LA would be warm!. It was truly magical. The cirque like performers were from "cirque sublime". They were fantastic. Castaway Cay was fantastic- we went snorkeling with a ziploc of sausages from breakfast and it was like a feeding frenzy. It was so much fun. Agree that Acapulco was my least favorite. Very sad to see such poor areas and the poverty and filth.
    Scenery at Cabo was fantastic. Loved everybit of it.

Wow, that all sounds awesome. Quick question, for those who have been on other Disney Cruises: would you say there were more or less children on the repo tour, or about the same?

• Always watching...

On this repo cruise it was waaaaaay less than usual. They said there was only about 400 kids on this ship as opposed to the usual 1200-1600 they normally have an their cruises. The poor staff looked kind of lost without so many kids.

But, my guess is on the repo going east in August, there's going to be the usual, if not more kids than normal.

• Still wants to be a cat!

All my dreams have included a ship, micechatters and food...go figure!
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• Circle of Ancients

^ So tell us the truth Wolfy, are they dreams or nightmares ?

• Still wants to be a cat!

Hey, Blondie......a mixture of both!
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12