Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

• Banned User

Re: We're just cruisin' along...

Keep it coming, I think you sold most of us this cruise was and is wonderful!!!

• no one to be trifled with

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Villains Fan View Post
    There's nothing more beautiful then the ship at night, when things aren't quite as hectic and noisy
    I totally agree - especially when the weather as warm and the breezes light.

Ahhhh... flashback moment.

• My cuties!

I'm with Pixie Chick -- now I want to go on a Disney cruise! Wonderful pictures!!

• Scentsy Minion

Blog Entries

B-E-A-UUUUTiful!

• coco puff/chanel

Blog Entries

amazing pictures! i have always wanted to go on a disney cruise and this makes me so excited about going on one!

• MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Always watching...

Woohoo, got my CD, so now I can continue on with the 15, count em', 15 day cruise!

Day - whatever - Puerto Vallarta!

This was the day I had been anticipating the most (ok, besides swimming with the dolphins in Acapulco, or snorkeling in Aruba, or feeding stingrays ), I had booked an excursion bright and early in the morning to go on a canopy adventure (in laymen's terms, zip-lining)!!! This is where you go zipping at about 60-90' in the air from tree to tree on a cable . I was a little nervous, but so excited too. Here's a picture from the brochure of what it looks like:

So, at 7:30 that morning we boarded our bus to travel about an hour into the Sierra Madre Mountains to our destination. We went about 5 miles and then were switched into these trucks. Our guide said we'd be going in air conditioned buses, but this isn't the air conditioning I had in mind:

14 of us scrunched into the back and set out for the drive. After bumping around for about an hour, we reached our destination, the basecamp of Vallarta Adventures www.vallarta-adventures.com

At this point we had to lock up all our belongings, including cameras . We had 4 guides and 1 photographer for our group. I can't say enough about them...they were knowledgible, nice, funny, and most importantly seemed trustworthy.

First off, the safety spiel and instructions (trust me, we were all paying attention once we saw how high up we were going to be):

Finally, the first jump, zip, or whatever you want to call it. I will have to admit, it was pretty scary to just jump into mid-air and hope this cable was going to hold you and that somebody at the other end was going to catch you!

Here, I goooooo..... (trying desperately not to scream like a girl )

Here I go againnnnnn.............

Never so glad to hit solid ground (or platform on a tree):

We went across 10 different zip lines all getting longer as we went. Big Papa was over 220 ft from one tree to the other, and so far away you couldn't even see the landing tree from the starting tree. There was one tree we took a 'Tarzan" line across (no control or braking, just zip across). The guides would push most of the men so that they spun in circles as they went across...I just did slow circles:

At the last tree we had to freefall repel straight down from 75'. I did not want to do this at all, but had no choice since this is the only way down. I didn't do too good controlling my speed and just shot down, but landed fine. I was never so glad to feel terra firma under my feet! I have pictures, but since they're not from a very flattering angle, I'll just leave it there .

All too soon, we had to hike back to base camp where they gave us a drink (I needed a beer really bad after that!) and a few snacks. Here's the group shot of our group and guides:

After that we got back into our "air conditioned" bus and were taken back to the ship. What a great experience! It was scary, yet exciting and something I will never forget!

So I got back to the ship, took a quick shower and then caught a taxi into the older section of Puerto Vallarta to do a little shopping. I hadn't done much shopping and none in Acapulco, so I as determined to get in some shopping in one of my favorite ports.

I've been to Puerto Vallarta a few times before, and must admit, I have a soft spot for this beautiful city. It's got a lot to offer and the people are very nice.

I love how they line the beaches with sculptures ever few yards, it just adds a little touch:

A few sand sculptures:

The shorline:

I went in and out of shops for a couple of hours, but alas, time ran out and I had to find a taxi to get back to the ship. I could have spent so much more time here

Time to leave, goodbye Puerto Vallarta

Next up Cabo San Lucas!

• MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Always watching...

The next morning, we arrived in Cabo San Lucas! Thankfully, today's excursion was a little later in the morning so I could sleep in. But, boy was I in for a surprise when I came out on deck, it had gotten much chillier and very windy. It wa so windy, that quite a few of the excursions had to be cancelled, but thankfully, not ours

Cabo doesn't have a dock big enough for cruise ships, so we had to take tender boats that held around 40-50 people each. We didn't rush to get our too early since we would have just had to wait in line to get on a boat.

A group of us had booked the harbor cruise and scenic drive excursion. We boarded a pretty good sized 2 level catamaran and did a 45-60 minute cruise around the coat of the harbor around the beaches and rock formations. I've always thought Cabo was one of the prettiest ports in Mexico, and it was just reaffirmed again on this trip. Here's some shots of the coast and rock formations:

After our harbor cruise we boarded a bus that took us for a 20 minute drive around the city up to the other side of the harbor for a scenic view of Cabo and the harbor...it was a breathtaking view!

Who are these silly people lying around, aw, it's those silly MiceChatters:

After this breathtaking view, everyone decided we were hungry, and what better place to go than Cabo Wabo. But first, a drink or two

Hey! That's my cerveza

And then we have the margarita girls:

It turned out to be a great lunch with good friends, good food, and strong drinks...who could ask for more!

After that, Earkid and I broke off to do some power shopping. We shopped our way through the city and shopped our way through the harbor. But once again, it was time to get back to the ship.

It was a little sad though, this was our last port before home and was the beginning of the end of our vacation adventure.

But, there was still plenty in store on the ship! Tonight was Pirate Night and here's some pretty shady looking pirates if you ask me....aaarrrrhhhhh!

Our Table was all decked out in pirate stuff too...a free scarf and a parchment menu to keep:

There was of course the Pirate themed Dinner show:

And of course, the Pirate Deck Party:

And, the pirate party fireworks!

What a great way to end a fun-filled day.

Next up- our last formal night and last days at sea.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Oh my gosh! You actually went sailing through those trees up in the air like that??? Holy cow woman you are way more brave than me! They couldn't pay me to do something like that!!!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Circle of Ancients

[QUOTE=Villains Fan;2859818]

Our guide said we'd be going in air conditioned buses, but this isn't the air conditioning I had in mind:

Okay, that;s just hilarious! I didn't know about your bus ride! I am so glad you did the canopy adventure. That was one that we wanted to do but it was one of the first to be filled up! Now that you've done that , I guess the next step up for you is parachuting out of a plane huh?

• Banned User

WOW!!! those were breath taking photo's!!! I can not believe how beautiful . and you zip lining, totally awsome!!

• Incognito

Blog Entries

Those zip line pictures - absolutely priceless. I just wish there was a video of that!

I you so.

• World Traveler

You are VERY brave to do the zip line. Congratulations!

•   
    • Seasick

Very enjoyable trip report.

Not sure I'd shell out the bucks for a Disney cruise, not having kids and all, but this report kind of sells me on the idea.
    My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

• love my friends

love it

Friends for life

• Again! Again! Again!

Yay!! Joanne I love all the pictures!! I'm so glad you had so much fun on the zip line!! The pictures of Cabo are beautiful! Well, they are all beautiful, but wow. I wanna go!!!
    Founding member of the B.A. I LOVE US!!
    FratSor Sister-Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ
    I bring the magic!!!
    "If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them"
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend DMother
    Girl bonding is just so necessary. It's just as important as "me" time. A good girl bonding session leaves you feeling so refreshed. I think of it as a NEED vs a want. There are just things that you need to talk to other women with. You may have the best relationship in the world with your husband, but there are just times you need your girlfriends. It makes for a healthier and happier you which makes everything else you do better.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast