Land and Sea? Or just land?

Hey all. My girlfriend and I are looking, sometime in the future, to take a nice long Disney vacation, and go to Walt Disney World, and a Disney Cruise.

I notice they have those land and sea vacations, which are nice but I'm really not sure if 4 days is truly enough.

This may not be the best place for this question, and if it is off topic, I'm sorry for it, but... what does the Disney Land and Sea vacation get you? I've set them up on the website, but it doesn't say if you get park hopper tickets, or what.

Would it be A LOT more expensive, to do a Walt Disney World Vacation for like 7 days, and then a 3 days cruise, as opposed to doing the land and Sea?

If you do the Land and Sea, is everything included? I mean, Park Hopper, Disney Dining, etc. Or is that something you have to pay for when you get to your hotel?

Also how far away is the Port from the Parks in Orlando?

Thanks for your time.

• GO DBACKS!!

Re: Land and Sea? Or just land?

Hi PrinceAuryn! I have never done a land/sea package but I've read a lot about them because I was considering it at one time. What I've heard is that it is less expensive to arrange things yourself rather than having Disney do it all for you. While it may be more convenient to have Disney do it all for you it really doesn't save you money. Most packages include parkhoppers and dining can be added on, just tell the CM what options you want when requesting a quote.

Another complaint I've heard about having Disney plan your trip is that you have no control over your flight so they may put you on a red-eye when you don't want to be.

People I know who have done a WDW trip followed by a cruise is that they prefer doing the cruise after the parks and many preferred doing 3 days at the parks and a 4 day cruise because the 3 day cruise seemed too rushed.

It wasn't me, it was Lisa!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I want to do the cruise. Since I have been to Disney World, so many times, I think when I finally do book a cruise, I will do a cruise only. I like making my own plans. I would research it as much as I could before hand. There is a book in the book stores about the cruise line. I have an old copy.

We promised my grandson a cruise when he graduates from High School.

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAuryn View Post
    Hey all. My girlfriend and I are looking, sometime in the future, to take a nice long Disney vacation, and go to Walt Disney World, and a Disney Cruise.

I notice they have those land and sea vacations, which are nice but I'm really not sure if 4 days is truly enough.

This may not be the best place for this question, and if it is off topic, I'm sorry for it, but... what does the Disney Land and Sea vacation get you? I've set them up on the website, but it doesn't say if you get park hopper tickets, or what.

Would it be A LOT more expensive, to do a Walt Disney World Vacation for like 7 days, and then a 3 days cruise, as opposed to doing the land and Sea?

If you do the Land and Sea, is everything included? I mean, Park Hopper, Disney Dining, etc. Or is that something you have to pay for when you get to your hotel?

Also how far away is the Port from the Parks in Orlando?

Thanks for your time.
    Hi Prince,
    A DCL Land and Sea package includes your resort stay, park hopper tickets and the cruise. You can add on the Basic Dining Plan to the land portion, ground transfers and travel insurance. You can also add the Water Park Fun and more options and the No-Expiration option to your ticket media. The DCL offers a 3 night land/4 night sea or a 4 night land/3 night sea. For a 3 night land you would have a 4 day park hopper ticket and for the 4 night land you would have a 5 day park hopper ticket.

You can add air travel to your cruise reservation through the DCL but most of the time the price is higher. You would really need to price it out separately and then with the cruise line to see if there is a price difference. It really depends on which city you are flying from. Some markets are always more money no matter how it is booked.

You can book the land separately for however many nights you like and the cruise for 3, 4 or 7 nights. We always price out the land and sea package and then the components separately; the land portion with the Walt Disney Travel Company and the cruise with the DCL. Most of the time pricing it out separately is less expensive but I do see those rare occasions where the land and sea package is cheaper.

The Walt Disney World Resort is about an hour from Port Canaveral.

Thank you for your quick reply! I would either be coming from San Diego, or LAX (I live in San Diego, but whatever is cheaper )

Thanks again!