Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Bionic Village Babe/RCMC

Re: Where can I buy cheap, college textbooks?

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler View Post
    As far as handbooks are concerned, are those handbooks offerend by the school or the book publishers? Because maybe they are posted on the publishers website for students to access also.
    I did check the publishers site and the book store and everything I could think of. They don't sell the workbooks separate from the textbook in which it's partnered. Unfortunately. But I have enough in my loan for this semester left to get the books I need.

I found out that the satellite campus I attend does have used versions of the book for $88 so I think that's what I will do. I can go over there today and pick it up and not have to worry about shipping costs.
    Good

Bionic Village Babe of the RCMC
    "Wisdom is knowing what you don't know" - Socrates

• Banned User

Powell's saves me hundreds of dollars every quarter. Couldn't make it without them.

• Rock Star Minion

Today, I found out that the textbook for my mathclass this coming up semester will be $125. Of course that is beyond ridiculous and so not worth the money. The book is said to be a new edition, but I think it may have been around for about a year or so because the schools bookstore website said that they once had used copies of the book that were being sold at $90.

I checked Amazon and they had one seller on there with positive reviews selling the book for $80 something bucks. It is said to be used, but still in good condition. But I don't want to purchase anything yet before I do my research.

Are there any good, trustworthy, internet sites that specialize in selling new text books for cheap prices that you can recommend??

I would really appreciate your input because I can't be off spending an additional $125 when I have auto Insurance, Tuition, which I'm sure will be over $800, and other bills that need to be paid off by the end of next month.

$125 for a $50 book proves there is price gouging going on in my opinion.
    China.
    See if there is anyone you know going to China (or there right now) and ask them to get you the copied version cheap.
    Yes, it's possibly illegal.

You could also ask a poor classmate to go in halvsies, and share the book. I have no idea of the logistics of this, though.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Sock Puppet

half.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12