Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• I'll pencil this in later

Breaking Dawn Book Discussions [CONTAINS SPOILERS!!]

Starting a discussion thread, as Angel requested for spoilers not to be posted in her thread.

So what'd you guys think of the book?

• Directly directed

Re: Breaking Dawn Book Discussions [CONTAINS SPOILERS!!]

Overall I did like it. I like that she didn't let anyone sway her in writing the book, and it was really her story- if that made any sense at all. I feel that J K Rowling allowed her fans to sway her in the way Harry Potter went.

I didn't like the lack of Alice

I actually liked the name Reneesme - but the Nessie thing was weird. Why not just Ness, or Ren- why the loch ness monster route?

Jacob imprinting on Reneesme was weird. Creepy weird.

The story from Jacob's point of view took my by surprise, but I guess it works.

I'm glad Bella was able to bond with Rosalie

The whole reason I avoided these books was because they're about vampires. I don't do blood. So the descriptions of Bella drinking blood? I really didn't need that.

I liked how she ended it.

Quote Originally Posted by Alice's Wonderland View Post
    Overall I did like it. I like that she didn't let anyone sway her in writing the book, and it was really her story- if that made any sense at all. I feel that J K Rowling allowed her fans to sway her in the way Harry Potter went.

I didn't like the lack of Alice

I actually liked the name Reneesme - but the Nessie thing was weird. Why not just Ness, or Ren- why the loch ness monster route?

Jacob imprinting on Reneesme was weird. Creepy weird.

The story from Jacob's point of view took my by surprise, but I guess it works.

I'm glad Bella was able to bond with Rosalie

The whole reason I avoided these books was because they're about vampires. I don't do blood. So the descriptions of Bella drinking blood? I really didn't need that.

I liked how she ended it.
    I didn't like the lack of alice and japser either. At first when I saw that I was going to read a third of the book in Jacobs perspective I was majorly unhappy and disappointed, Jacob kinda grew though eventually. I'm glad bella bonded with Rosalie too but the way she cared more about the baby and seemed not to care about bellas life at all disgusted me a bit.

I thought the loch ness monster thing was reffering to how he said there was a monster inside of Bella when she was pregnant.

I was a little surprised about how much sex was in the novel, I was expecting it, but it seemed like it was all bella could think about in parts. I liked the ending too, but I was looking foward to a fight and the extinction of the Volturi.

• Directly directed

Quote Originally Posted by Rayangelo View Post

I thought the loch ness monster thing was reffering to how he said there was a monster inside of Bella when she was pregnant.

I was a little surprised about how much sex was in the novel, I was expecting it, but it seemed like it was all bella could think about in parts. I liked the ending too, but I was looking foward to a fight and the extinction of the Volturi.
    Oh I didn't make that connection- but I guess the monster thing does kinda work.

And yeah- Bella wanting to stay human for the sex was kinda odd as well.

• Rather Be At Disneyland

I wish there would have been a bit more sacrifice for Bella. I mean, throughout the entire series there was always the looming problem of what she would be giving up in becoming a Vampire, and she would be like when she was one. But Bella becomes the perfect vampire, and even gets to keep seeing her dad and the wolf pack doesn't hate her. I'm glad for Bella to be able to keep everything, but I didn't see much of the huge sacrifice she was supposedly going to have.

Jacob + Renesmee = Creepy. Edward calling him Son at the end was just too weird for me, even though I know it was Edward accepting Jacob as a part of their lives.

But I did love the book, I love happy endings and that was definitely one! The wedding scene and the honeymoon were great, and I love how they gave them their own little cottage! they have a perfect little house for a perfect little vampire family!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

I just finished the book last night and I slept on it.

I liked Jasper and to find out he was scarred and such. I don't know why I delighted in that scars so much (maybe the fact that they weren't perfect?). But now putting the way Bella will eventually see him to the movies (if there is a 4th movie), I like the casting and I can see the actor being all bashful now that Bella knows what he really looks like. Like the other books I was ehhh about Edwards brothers, but I really liked Jasper for some reason in this book.

Reading about the immortal children right before bed= not good! That was scary!

I liked Jacob's book. But y'all know I'm a Jacob fan.
    -I liked how Jacob man-ed up (is that a word?) and became the alpha dog. He finally told Sam, no. Which I thought was good for the character.
    -I liked the internal struggle he had and then when he came around... I kinda' wanted Bella to be okay with giving up the vampire baby and having Jake's puppies.

This story felt like they were all grown ups. Like the last book and the books before it was like a high school story. This all the characters became grown ups.

Hated the name Renesmee. I liked her middle name though, Carlie. That was cute. The nickname was okay. I knew they were going to make a nickname and it was going to be something funny.

I kinda' called the imprinting because I know Stephenie Meyer's likes happy endings and what would be more happy ending for all to live happily ever after than one big happy family? And with mentioning Claire I was like "there has to be a reason for it."

For this book I tried to picture the actors in their roles, but I kept thinking Demi Lovato for Bella pre-change and then Stephenie Meyers post. I thought she wrote the character based on her. And I totally saw Robert as Edward along with quite a few of the movie actors, but Carlisle and Jacob were still whom I originally envisioned.

Why wasn't Bella a crazed newborn? Seemed too easy.

Her brain quirk turned out to save everyone.... Although I was kinda' irked that everyone was like "Immortality suits you" and "You're good as a vampire." Does that mean everyone thought she was better dead than alive?

More thoughts later....

• Bionic Village Babe/RCMC

I was supposed to finish the book on the road on the way up to NY Sunday but I took my dramamine way too late and I started getting sick. So I didn't finish until half way through my vacation during lulls between frolicking in the ocean. I liked it. But for me, it wasn't as big an impact as Twilight or the other books were. I didn't feel some burst of feeling like with the others. It was just like reading a news column about math.

I actually didn't mind the Jacob imprinting on Renesmee thing. It tied up those dangling loose strings. I dislike Jacob, but it was a pain to see him unhappy.

I hated the lack of Alice and Jasper. I don't fully understand why that Mr.Jenks guy was freaking out about Jasper either. In the end Jasper answers but it still didn't make sense, lol.

I think Bella's power was pretty awesome lol. I liked when she found the way to let Edward see her perspective as if he was able to read her mind. And see her feelings and everything in her heart.

It kinda freaked me out in the beginning when Stephenie decided to make Bella get pregnant. But I understand how she had to put that twist in there to make the pact with the werewolves stay in place AND let everyone be happy.

Overall, a good book, but not spectacular.

Bionic Village Babe of the RCMC
    "Wisdom is knowing what you don't know" - Socrates

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew

Blog Entries

I noticed someone from Host popped into this book... Anyone else notice it?

I don't exactly know how Bella let Edward in though... didn't get that.

Quote Originally Posted by knittingknerd View Post

I don't exactly know how Bella let Edward in though... didn't get that.
    Who?
    I definitely didn't catch that.
    --
    I didn't fully understand either, but what I think is she detached the shield from her body and wrapped it around Edward. Then sent her thoughts into it so he could see those things from her perspective. Doesn't make much sense to me either to be honest.

• Rather Be At Disneyland

I think it was something like she "lifted" her shield so that Edward could see her thoughts for once. She had learned how to stretch it out, and then she learn how to lift it entirely. At least thats what I figured it was.

• Directly directed

No I haven't read the Host. Should i?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew

Blog Entries

Liz,the same description as Wanda towards the end... Host is good, it's very observant on the human condition.

Quote Originally Posted by Alice's Wonderland View Post
    No I haven't read the Host. Should i?
    Yes. It is a very good book. Honestly, it drags in the beginning but then it gets really good. I highly recommend reading it. It's food for thought.

Liz,the same description as Wanda towards the end... Host is good, it's very observant on the human condition.
    sorry... a bit slow at the moment.. who is Liz?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by <3WillTurner View Post

sorry... a bit slow at the moment.. who is Liz?
    The girl at the park that Jacob is trying so desperately to imprint on, likes his car, asks if he stole it....

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyRoyalty View Post
    I think it was something like she "lifted" her shield so that Edward could see her thoughts for once. She had learned how to stretch it out, and then she learn how to lift it entirely. At least thats what I figured it was.
    That was my take on it as well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast