View Poll Results: How Many Books do you typically read per year?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 or 2

3 8.57%
  • Less than 5

1 2.86%
  • Between 5 and 10

2 5.71%
  • About 10

1 2.86%
  • Between 10 and 15

1 2.86%
  • About 20

2 5.71%
  • Between 25 and 30

7 20.00%
  • Between 30 and 50

3 8.57%
  • More than 50

14 40.00%
  • I don't typically read anything

1 2.86%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Circle of Ancients

How many books do you typically read per year?

I was just thinking about this today, about how much time I spend reading, and the fact that it kind of comes and goes in spurts.

I'll have times when I'll read 3 or 4 books in a month, then times when I'm not actively reading anything for a month or so.

So far this year I've read I think 9 books, maybe 10. There are 6 or 7 more books I'll probably finish before the end of the year.

I'd say in an average year I probably average about 18-20 books a year, give or take a few.

• The one and only

Re: How many books do you typically read per year?

my goal this year was 50..

and i passed it a few weeks back.

im on 56 now.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

the location of my profile picture is Knott's in 1972, i'm about 10 months old.

since i got hooked on the Stephanie Plum books by janet evanovich i've really up my total for this year, i read 13 of those books in 2 weeks

i read a LOT, just about anything i can get my hands on
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Quote Originally Posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • I'm back! Sorta...

Yeah, sure, it looks like a bunch, doesn't it? But the fact of the matter was I had hand surgery on both hands...there went online surfing...so I read, in matter of 8 weeks, about 30 somewhat books.

Now, understand, I'm a bit weird when I read. Drives the hubbie bonkers. I'll read 4 to 7 books at the same time. No, it doesn't mean I have them all open in front of me. It means I'll read a chapter or two out of one and then move to another.

That and I hate television. Takes much to get me to watch something other then Project Runway or the news.

Also, I teach reading...meaning I read kids' books. Not exactly in depth material (usually!) but quick reads nonetheless.

I also read professionally (stuff work assigns) and graphic novels. In my heart, those count as well.

Hopefully, that makes sense.

Peace,
    Roo
    husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

I don't read as much as I should read - but then, how much SHOULD be read? I read magazines.....usually People or some sort of Health Magazine.....

I enjoy Autobiographical or Biographies......

• Who Gave Rob an Avatar?

I read about 2 or 3 per week. If I would stop reading non-fiction I could probably read one book per day.
    Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post
    Jesus, even I wouldn't eat that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wanda Woman View Post
    Turtle, the dorks are going to take upskirt robot pics.

• formerly PretzelSouls!

I've never been a reader, ever. All of jr. high and high school, I would always just go on cliff notes and get the info I needed. On occasion, I will read a full cookbook, but other than that...nothing....I really should read more though.
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

• no flash photography...

I guess it depends. Right now I really don't have much time to read. I've been reading the same book for 2 months, but when I had time I would read a book in two to three days. I would neglect all other responsibilities, because I get that involved in reading. Then I would just not read for a while. I tend to read non fiction. If i read fiction i usually read the book in a day.

• My cuties!

I have no idea. Depends on how long the book is, if I'm reading more than one book at a time, etc. I would guess that I read at least 30 a year.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

At least one... usually 2. But I haven't read anything since the last Harry Potter book. And I have 3 or 4 Stephen King books waiting for me to read (I pretty much only read his stuff)! I started on one and then put it down after a couple chapters. I have not been in a reading mood in ages.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Roo719 View Post
    Now, understand, I'm a bit weird when I read. Drives the hubbie bonkers. I'll read 4 to 7 books at the same time. No, it doesn't mean I have them all open in front of me. It means I'll read a chapter or two out of one and then move to another.
    My hubby does that too and it drives me bonkers. I can only do one book at a time.

I would love to read more often but there is just not enough time in the day. I love to listen to books on tape/CD/MP3 if that counts and I probably listen to about 20 of those a year.

• Happy Memories

I've been working on the same book since I recieved it as a gift approximately a year-year and a half ago. I don't get much time that I'm in the mood and able to focus on reading (easily distracted by visual stimuli). Plus I'm a fairly slow reader, so it tends to take me a while. Probably 90% of the book I'm currently working on has been read while sitting at the car dealership waiting for service work to be done on my car. So I read a chapter or two in those situations and then don't pick it up again for months at a time.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

About 40 a year. It dropped off significantly when I started college, to less than ten, but this year and last I have not been taking architectural studio. When I start back up next year I expect my reading to drop again.

• Oo-de-lally

I read a lot. I have read about 13 books this year. I only read non-fiction though. I love books on true crime. I have read Helter Skelter, The Night Stalker, etc. I also love Bios. I have read Bio's on Walt Disney, Eric Clapton, etc. I'm almost done with a book called "The Monster of Florence". It is about a serial killer in Florence who killed up to 14 people and was still not caught till this day. It is a great read.
    Oo-de-lally, Oo-de-lally
    Golly, what a day

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

I voted for 25-30, for a typical year, but it may be more than that. I'm actually keeping a list on my MiceSpace this year because I was curious. I think I'm at 15 right now and I expect it to hold steady there for awhile since school has started again. (I'm reading tons of text books and educational journals, but I don't count those. ) I'm really looking forward to winter break and then graduation in May, and then I can read anything I want again!
    A signature should go here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast