Nightmare Revisited

Has anyone else heard or bought this album yet? Its the soundtrack to NBC covered by different people and groups. But the people and groups are not what you would expect from a Disney album. Its got Marilyn Manson, Korn, Rise Against, Flyleaf, Plain White T's, Polyphonic Spree and others.

My girlfriend and I saw it at target and decided to buy it just because of who is on the album. I wasn't sure what to expect but it is actually a really good album. Not all songs are all that great (i was let down by Oogie Boogie's song coverec by Rodrigo y Garbriela) but overall it is worth it

• You didn't see anything!

Blog Entries

Re: Nightmare Revisited

I've seen it. My brother pointed it out to me while we were in Barnes And Noble. We didn't purchase it just because I bought the 2-disc CD @ Disneyland and it has covers by Marilyn Mansion, Fiona Apple, Fallout Boy, She Wants Revenge, Panic! At the Disco, and then the Demos of some of the songs by Danny Elfman.

What song did KoRn do?

• Banned User

Fall Out Boy and Disney is arguably the oddest partnership ever.

Also: I'm not sure if I get it or not. I'm not a big fan of most of the bands included, but I love the Nightmare soundtrack. Should I get it?
    Last edited by stitchon; 10-04-2008 at 02:18 PM.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Is HOME.

Some of my fellow MCers mentioned this album, so I listened to tidbits on iTunes. I am in love. I am contemplating buying the whole album, something I rarely do. I LOVE Sally's Song. I think it's fantastic.
    “In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.” -Michael Jackson

• The Yodelin' Cowgirl

Blog Entries

I found this CD on Wednesday and I can't stop listening to it. I really love that it doesn't just cover the main songs it also does the score. Sally's Song is my favorite I think but the rest are great too (with the exception of the Town Meeting Song & Jack's Obsession... i like them okkay but they were kind of a let down) It's definitely everything I thought the two disc that came out last year should have been (though I do love Fallout Boy's What's this & the two versions of This is Halloween).

I dunno, if you're a nightmare fan, I think it's definitely a must have!

• Artsy Fartsy

I bought this CD over the weekend. I lurve it. My son and I play this daily. I like Sally's Song by Amy Lee. I find my self humming the tunes at work. It's a must for True NBC fans.

[IMG]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/iz6m4v8ubq0103m8.png[/IMG]

Blog Entries

Someone mentioned that Rodrigo y Garbriela did the Oogie Boogie Song on the album, but so did Tiger Army which didn't make the cut (I guess) but they're selling it on iTunes. If you're interested to hear what it sounds likes, here's the video of the song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http:...?v=EzXf2ntYVs4

EDIT: I changed the way you can listen to it so you don't have to click links.
    Last edited by MonstersGoBoo!; 10-30-2008 at 03:10 PM.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Quote Originally Posted by stitchon View Post
    Fall Out Boy and Disney is arguably the oddest partnership ever.

Also: I'm not sure if I get it or not. I'm not a big fan of most of the bands included, but I love the Nightmare soundtrack. Should I get it?
    I LOVE when Disney gets some established musicians to place their own twist on some of Disney's songs. A few years ago, Bare Naked Ladies did a version Grim Grinning Ghosts - There are a few other odd mixies out there that are great -

I'm not a big NBX fan, but just listened to Oogie Boogie. Might have to get the cd. Oh, wait, that's the one that got cut. I'll have to listen to parts of some of the other songs, before I decide.

Found a site that has a little sample of each song

There are about 3 tracks that are ok. Another 2 that I do like, that do have enough of a twist on the original, that are worth getting - But for me, it doesn't have enough to get the entire CD. And yeah, they DEFINITELY chose the wrong Oogie Boogie musician for the CD. Tiger Army has a MUCH better version.
    Last edited by Aladdin; 10-30-2008 at 03:24 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
    I'm not a big NBX fan, but just listened to Oogie Boogie. Might have to get the cd. Oh, wait, that's the one that got cut. I'll have to listen to parts of some of the other songs, before I decide.
    The one that got cut - do you mean the Tiger Army song? Please say yes because that would make me so happy.
    I've already got a CD with remakes, so I don't need another with bands that I don't enjoy as much. And I have the original soundtrack, so I'm fine.

EDIT: I listened to Rodrigo y Gabriela's version and it was alright. I can see that they wanted to put some variety with the classic Spanish guitars, but it doesn't fit as well as the other songs.
    Last edited by MonstersGoBoo!; 10-30-2008 at 03:14 PM.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Yes, MGB, the link you provided is the one I like. Some of the other songs on this CD, are just too similar in style to the original soundtrack.

Manson is pretty good,

The devotchka opening number is crapola!
    (i read a pretty funny review about that version)

Corn did an ok job with Kidnap the Sandy Claws

Shiny Toy Guns sounds like it's ok

And i liked the Datarock clip, too.

Blog Entries

Thanks Aladdin! That's the band I've been seeing in concert for the past week, and I'll be seeing them tomorrow night. They did such a great job on my favorite song in the whole movie.

• Rock Star Minion

I was out somewhere and heard a revision of "What's This?" over the public address system.

So, I'll count that as a "yes."
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

I like Nightmare Revisited. I listen to the Nightmare Before Christmas Soundtrack often and so hearing a new twist to the original soundtrack is refreshing. Amy Lee shows her talents and even throws in a little harp on Sally's Song, a nice touch.

Triton