• ...TWO BITS!

Serious Copyright Concern- Please Respond

I think I'm in the right place.

OKAY, long story short:

What exactly are my rights and the 3rd party's rights to a theme park show/parade? 3rd party, as in the people that put on the show/production. Also being specific about video and audio content. Recordings. Buying. Selling. Distribution (such as youtube)? This is especially about youtube.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• I'm not really here

Re: Serious Copyright Concern- Please Respond

YouTube generally falls under the Fair Use clause of the copyright act. You have basically no rights whatsoever to sell or in anyway make money off of any redistribution of personal video that you made of a performance without written consent of the company holding the copyright.

A lot of what you're asking depends largely on what you are doing with said video.

As to the performers, I don't think they have any rights, per se, but I'm sure they'd love to be credited.

If you are making some sort of a remix by editing the video to change it up significantly, then it would most likely be wise to also not make any money off of it, because you are still using their original content and you should ALWAYS give credit to them for the creation of the original.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• ...TWO BITS!

^ Thanks for your response.

No intention of selling. Gave credit as much as possible. Not much editing at all. Just point and shoot 1 performance.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

I doubt it will be a big ordeal. Disney's too busy going after those who are committing serious copyright infringements and making money off of them.

If Disney were upset, first they'd probably ask you to remove the content, don't know if they'd make you pay a fine or not,. If you don't follow through, that's when Lawsuits come running in.