Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Disneyland PAP

Does anyone here read comic books?

I swing by a local comic shop every week to pick up my weekly fix. I mostly read DC and Dynamite titles. I try to keep my purchases to a minimum since they're three and four bucks an issue now, but the well-written and well-drawn ones I stick with, like Geoff Johns writing JSA and the Superman titles and The Lone Ranger. Anyone else read comic books here?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Re: Does anyone here read comic books?

I read Peanuts comic books. I also really loved Don Rosa's The Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck .

• враг народа

Blog Entries

I've read Batman: The Long Halloween and Batman: The Killing Joke. That's it. They were good and I will probably pick up more at some point in the future.

• Still lost in Neverland

I work at a comic store out here in the Valley. We have the largest stock of back issues in the city plus also carry Action Figures and Vinyl records, movie posters and just about anything entertainment related. I read Batman, Robin, Teen Titans, Titans and some specials. From Marvel I read Amazing Spiderman, Ultimate Spiderman, Ultimate FF4, Secret Invasion and Captain America. Independents are Lone Ranger, and just about anything with Elves, Dragons or Fantasy.

I do all of the invoices and get our Invoices on Sunday so I know in advance what will be coming in on Wednesday and then I also get the list of everything shipped from Diamond so I can make sure everything we are supposed to get, is on our Invoice. If not I deal with Diamond about why and also re-orders.

So, yes I read Comic Books.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• MC State Comptroller

Love Comis. Favorite Titles include: Marvel: Civil War, Iron Man, The Uncanny X-men, What if's and What Tha?, The Untold Legend of the Batman, The Killing Joke, DEath of Superman, Spawn, Savage Dragon, JLA: Kingdom Come, Marvel Zombies, The league of Extraordinary Gentlemen, Sin City, Ultimate Fantastic Four, Ultimate Spiderman and those are just the ones in my bookcase in my office.

So yes i read and collect comics.
    "Here you leave Today and enter the world of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Bankruptcy!"

Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without saying, "You're making a scene!"

Arizona Cardinals 2008 NFC Champions

• Disneyland PAP

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Boy View Post
    I work at a comic store out here in the Valley. We have the largest stock of back issues in the city plus also carry Action Figures and Vinyl records, movie posters and just about anything entertainment related. I read Batman, Robin, Teen Titans, Titans and some specials. From Marvel I read Amazing Spiderman, Ultimate Spiderman, Ultimate FF4, Secret Invasion and Captain America. Independents are Lone Ranger, and just about anything with Elves, Dragons or Fantasy.

I do all of the invoices and get our Invoices on Sunday so I know in advance what will be coming in on Wednesday and then I also get the list of everything shipped from Diamond so I can make sure everything we are supposed to get, is on our Invoice. If not I deal with Diamond about why and also re-orders.

So, yes I read Comic Books.
    Yeah, but could you be more specific? I figured there were comic book readers among us.

• Infinitized!

I'm currently reading Indiana Jones Omnibus Volume 2, which features the Dark Horse Indy comics.

Sometime in late winter, Dark Horse is releasing another Indiana Jones Omnibus series featuring reprints of all the Marvel Indy comics including the comic adaptions of the first three movies. Volume 1, I heard, is coming out in February or March.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • I'm back! Sorta...

I used to but stopped about two years ago. I started jsut reading graphic novels my friends gave me over the summer when I had surgery done.

I was an X-Men, X-Force, Excaliber fan way back when.

Maybe it's time to get back into things.

Peace?
    Roo
    husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

• Just this guy......

I use to buy and read comics all the time but I have cut back to save money. I have gone over to reading my comics online.

• Fastest Man Alive

Yup. Huge comic geek; just don't have the income to get much. Geoff Johns is my #1 guy, the stuff he's going in 'Green Lantern' and 'JSA' is incredible. I'm still trying to wrap my head around Grant Morisson.

• Animation Domination

I read most of the titles from DC Comics and Marvel Comics.
    DC:
    Final Crisis
    Action Comics
    Batman
    Superman
    Teen Titans
    Outsiders
    Green Lantern
    Green Lantern Corps
    Blue Beetle (soon to end it's run)
    JSA
    JLA
    Titans
    Detective Comics
    Nightwing
    Robin

Marvel:
    Secret Invasion
    Amazing Spider-Man
    Unncanny X-Men
    X-Factor
    X-Force
    Ultimate X-Men
    Ultimate Spider-Man
    New Avengers
    Might Avengers (soon to be renamed Dark Avengers)
    Young Avengers
    Runaways

• Disneyland PAP

Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    Yup. Huge comic geek; just don't have the income to get much. Geoff Johns is my #1 guy, the stuff he's going in 'Green Lantern' and 'JSA' is incredible. I'm still trying to wrap my head around Grant Morisson.
    Me too! I read so much about how great he is. But his Batman RIP is lame and confusing. Glad his part just ended. I'm also trying to not buy everything in sight. I've been holding off buying Geoff Johns Green Lantern stuff until they're collected, then I order from Amazon. But I buy his JSA monthly now, since KC Superman showed up. That and Action Comics since Gary Frank started pencilling it.

Just got done reading Demo by Brian Wood and Becky Cloonan.

It's a mini series about normal people who are trying to deal with having super powers. It's split up into 12 issues and each issue is a diffrent story.
    Last edited by curtdave; 11-28-2008 at 10:09 PM.

• Shablagoo!

I have been reading comics for nearly 20 years.

• Disneyland PAP

Quote Originally Posted by curtdave View Post
    Just got done reading Demo by Brian Wood and Becky Cloonan.

It's a mini series about normal people who are trying to deal with having super powers. It's split up into 12 issues and each issue is a diffrent story.
    Thanks for the recommendation. I read more about it online and will now see if I can find a copy tomorrow at my comic shop.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast