Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Animation Domination

Re: Batman/Bruce Wayne - RIP - Spoilers ahead

Caveman Batman meets the Flintstones...and Vandal Savage!!!

• Iron-Clad Allie

Spoiling for a fight?! RIP -Spoilers ahead simply made me think that Batman dies (or is assumed to be dead), and the spoilers will offer hints at the events surrounding the death.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Disneyland PAP

I read issues 6 & 7 last night. It was a confusing read. But apparently, the non-linear storytelling style was Grant's intention.

It’s also a deliberate attempt to show how so-called ‘rules’ can be broken to create different kinds of effects in our comics. It’s a way of using superhero comics to talk about the ‘real’ world that doesn’t rely on news headlines, mock-‘relevance’ or ‘adult’ language and imagery.

I found myself wondering what it would be like if comics’ storytelling stopped aping film or TV and tried a few tricks from opera, for instance. How about dense, allusive, hermetic comics that read more like poetry than prose? How about comics loaded with multiple, prismatic meanings and possibilities? Comics composed like music? In a marketplace dominated by ‘left brain’ books, I thought it might be refreshing to offer an unashamedly ‘right brain’ alternative.
    From Newsarama.

So am I not open-minded enough to enjoy reading this stuff because I'm used to storytelling that more is "aping film or TV" storytelling styles? No. He wrote a comic book tale and chose to write it in a style that's more challenging to follow. I appreciate the choice, but man, I didn't enjoy the read. I'll find some time to read the entire thing in one sitting again to see how I like it then. As for the conclusion (or conclusions), I didn't feel their impact because he didn't really spend much time on each conclusion. To be honest, Tawny's fight was the most satisfying because he spend so many panels telling that story. And Batman's death? He'll be back, obviously. And we all knew that going in, and his last scene will be picked up by a writer to bring him back somehow. We just have to deal with his being gone for a while before that happens. As a big Batman fan, I'm annoyed by that, but what can I do? I have to wait again for another Nolan-Bale Batman film too! Just hope both moments are worth the wait.

• mountains beyond mtns.

I didn't enjoy Final Crisis either. And yet I was a sucker enough to get all of the issues.

I suppose Batman is eligible to be a Black Lantern now which might mean he'll play a part in Blackest Night (which I'm harboring high hopes for)

Lost Boy, what comics do you read?

I haven't been following the whole Batman R.I.P or Battle for the Cowl, but I am a Batman fan. I really enjoyed the issues of Detective Comics that Paul Dini was writing.

I also love Jeph Loeb's Batman work: Long Halloween, Dark Victory, his Halloween issues, Hush, and the Superman/Batman story line with Supergirl was just awesome (Michael Turner's art on the book made it such an amazing story, so sad he passed on so young).

• Still lost in Neverland

I read all the Batman Titles and especially the new ones that are replacing Batman Comics until later this year. Bruce Wayne is missing and considered dead by everyone. The Battle for the Cowl is the current run and it's about who will take up the Batman Cowl (and as side story, who will be Robin?) but that does not mean that Tim Drake will become Batman (He is way to young, I think Nightwing will wear the Cowl, but according to the picture on the cover of June Order book, there is a new Batman and definitely a new Robin). I also read Jack of Fables, Madame Xanadu, Teen Titans and Titans. From Marvel, Amazing Spiderman, Ultimate Spiderman, Enders Game and it's side titles, Anita Blake Vampire Hunter, Captain America and a couple more. Actuall a lot of Independants that are more Science Fiction or Fantasy in nature. Stuff about Elves and/or Dragons and stuff like that. Not many Indy Super Heroes. Batman and Robin are the main books for me. No Superman but now that Barry Allen is back as The Flash I might start that up again.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12