• Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

U2 'No Line on the Horizon' 3/3

U2 Looks Toward New 'Horizon'

U2
    December 18, 2008 02:52 PM ET

Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.
    Billboard

U2's twelfth studio album, "No Line on the Horizon," will arrive March 3 from Interscope. A track list for the set, which was produced by Brian Eno, Daniel Lanois and Steve Lillywhite, has not been announced.

Following sessions in Fez, Dublin and New York, "No Line on the Horizon" was originally expected to be released before the end of 2008, but U2 was not fully satisfied with the material and continued working.
    Among the songs expected to appear on the album are the title track, "Moment of Surrender" and "Unknown Caller." One source who has heard several of the songs in their early forms described them to Billboard as "amazing and a little out there. I hope they don't change anything."

"No Line on the Horizon" is the follow-up to 2004's "How To Dismantle an Atomic Bomb." U2 is expected to be back on the road in 2009, marking its first tour as part of a massive recent deal with Live Nation.
    U2 Looks Toward New 'Horizon'

U2 to work in Dublin - 2/19/08
    http://micechat.com/forums/music/905...rk-dublin.html
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Circle of Ancients

Re: U2 'No Line on the Horizon' 3/3

Very cool. Hopefully I'll actually get to see one of my favorites live in 2009.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

Their all-star line-up of producers alone almost made me cry happy tears.
    This and another new album from Bruce in January, me verrrrrrrry thrilled!
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Circle of Ancients

Bruce is all yours D.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Cannot wait.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    Bruce is all yours D.
    What Clinks said!

Awesome!! I was wondering if and when they were going to come up with some new stuff!!! Can't wait to hear it!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I am so excited. They're one of the few acts I'll pay out the nose to see live, but they're smart and charge halfway decent prices. They're also the only act I'll still do General Admission for because their fans are actually quite respectful of each other.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

High Five: U2 Unveils Album Configurations

December 22, 2008 10:09 AM ET

Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.
    Billboard

U2's upcoming album, "No Line on the Horizon" will be available in five different incarnations, the glitziest of which carries a $96 list price on Amazon.com. The set is due March 2 internationally and the following day in North America.

Beyond the standard CD and double vinyl packages, "Horizon" will be offered in three additional limited editions.

The digi-pack version, which lists for $35.98, has the CD in a cardboard folded sleeve with a 36-page booklet, a fold-out poster and "a new film from Anton Corbijn featuring the music of U2," the latter of which is available as a download.

The magazine version, for $49.98, finds the CD housed in "a special 60-page soft cover magazine-style book," and also includes the downloadable Corbijn film.

Lastly, the box set version comes, naturally, in a box with a 60-page hardcover book, a second poster and the Corbijn film on DVD.

Although the track list for "No Line on the Horizon" has yet to be announced, Q Magazine reports it will feature songs such as "Magnificent," "Stand Up," "Winter," "Breathe," "Every Breaking Wave" and "Crazy Tonight," the latter of which sports as-yet-unspecified contributions from the Black Eyed Peas' will.i.am.
    High Five: U2 Unveils Album Configurations

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    Bruce is all yours D.
    That's the way we've always liked it!

Have a great holiday and we'll see you in the New Year!

Bruce Springsteen News: brucespringsteen.net
    Wal-Mart will be the exclusive U.S. retailer for Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band's "Greatest Hits," which will arrive Jan. 13, two weeks prior to the group's new Columbia studio album, "Working on a Dream."

The 12-track set omits material from Springsteen's albums without the E Street Band to round up classics such as "Born To Run," "Thunder Road," "Born in the U.S.A." and "Darkness on the Edge of Town."

Both "Greatest Hits" and "Working on a Dream" will be in stores when Springsteen and company perform at the Super Bowl XLIII halftime show on Feb. 1 in Tampa, Fla.
    Wal-Mart Snags Exclusive Springsteen Hits Set

U2's upcoming album, "No Line on the Horizon" will be available in five different incarnations, the glitziest of which carries a $96 list price on Amazon.com. The set is due March 2 internationally and the following day in North America.

Beyond the standard CD and double vinyl packages, "Horizon" will be offered in three additional limited editions.

The digi-pack version, which lists for $35.98, has the CD in a cardboard folded sleeve with a 36-page booklet, a fold-out poster and "a new film from Anton Corbijn featuring the music of U2," the latter of which is available as a download.

The magazine version, for $49.98, finds the CD housed in "a special 60-page soft cover magazine-style book," and also includes the downloadable Corbijn film.

Lastly, the box set version comes, naturally, in a box with a 60-page hardcover book, a second poster and the Corbijn film on DVD.
    DAY-UM!

I think I'm going to have to settle for the $35 digipak version. That's the highest I'll go as I need to save my pennies for concert tickets!

$35 for a CD?! Though I love nice packaging and well written liner notes, the industry is just asking the general buying public NOT to buy their product buy releasing, confusing multiple packages at high prices.

They seem to have forgotten that they are not in the business of selling shiny bits of plastic in cardboard, but rather what is encoded on that piece of plastic.

I'm surprised the band has allowed this, because they have always released music with an eye to the fan, and this seems more like a corporate move "perhaps U2 can save us if we charge 10 times the going rate on iTunes... yes! that's the ticket!"

Well there's going to be just a plain old CD with no extra packaging stuff that will be the regular price. But I'm a collector, so I like those extras and am willing to pay (up to a point) when it comes to bands I really, really, really, really, really like.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

* Edge on his hopes for the new album.
    'I want people to listen to it as opposed to just buying it. I want this to be an album people go back to, and really get into, in-depth. Like all the records I love... I think we've learnt a few things over the years... I think it could be a bringing to bear of all those eureka moments from the past. And I think it could be our best album.'

U2.com | Official News

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

U2 Break Down 'No Line on the Horizon'

Key tracks from the band's eclectic new album

By BRIAN HIATT
    Rolling Stone
    Posted Jan 22, 2009 9:45 AM

In early December, Rolling Stone traveled to London to visit U2 in the studio as Bono and Co. worked on the upcoming No Line on the Horizon. The journey was as spellbinding and energizing as you might imagine, and you'll be able to read all about it when our new issue hits newsstands on Wednesday, January 7th.
    Sony by Song at:

U2 Break Down 'No Line on the Horizon' : Rolling Stone

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

That article is just torture. Descriptions and no sound bytes? TORTURE I SAY!

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast