• King of Los Angeles

Peter and the Starcatchers

Anyone read the series? I love it!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

Re: Peter and the Starcatchers

We have listened to the first two books. I enjoyed the whole 'back story' regarding Peter.

• Still lost in Neverland

I have read all three of these books and loved them. There are also three children's books out by this author and chronical stories of the Lost Boys and the trouble they get into when Peter is away. For Children but fun to read.

Kingdom Keepers is also by him and the two books that are out now are great. The third and possibly last book in this series, from what I can piece together, will take place in the place that started it all, Disneyland in Anaheim. Looking forward to that one for sure.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

I loved these books, too. We're all sure lucky that there aren't any copyright restrictions on the original Peter Pan stories.

Also, I can't wait for the Peter and the Starcatchers movie! Sadly, they're only in pre-production right now.
    GREAT BLOG! It has great guides and photos and videos all about Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Walt Disney himself, Disney's films, Pixar, other movies, gadgets, and everything inbetween. Visit now!

Have you read "The Kingdom Keepers" books. There are two now out and a third due soon. It's by the same auther as the Peter and the Starchasers Books and it takes place mostly in the backstage areas of The Magic Kingdom in the first book and Animal Kingdom in the second book. It's about the A/A figures at the WDW parks coming to life after hours and the Kingdom kids who are Holographic Hosts during the day. The real kingdoms kids are the ones who are fighting the villians who have come to life to take over the Parks. The third book will be at Disneyland as it's the Park that all this started. They are a lot of fun.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Disneyland PAP

I was gonna read the Kingdom Keeper books when I heard about them, but passed since I didn't know the WDW parks all that well. Knowing the next book takes place inside Disneyland is a sure hook for me to buy that one. If I like it, then maybe I'll splurge on the first two afterwards.

Back on topic, I've seen those Peter/Starcatcher books too, but like the KK books, passed on those as well. But getting them, or at least the first one, on CD sounds like an idea I might borrow to finally get into them.

I don't know that much about WDW either but the books are so well written as the Author really knows the ins and outs of the Disney Theme Parks. And getting the third book without reading the first two would be a huge mistake as it's really one big story spread over three books. The third one would not make any sense with reading the first two. And the are easy reads. And lots of fun and suspense as well. I really like them a lot.

Thank You Poisonedapples

i really enjoyed the first two books.. i super love the story!!
    thanE

The third book is out and even though it is much darker than the first two it's still a super story. It kind of wraps things up but doesn't really say anything final about Peter Pan per se. You sort of have to know names and places and put things together to make the connection final. A very interesting way to conclude a series about such a well known group of characters with a different view of thing about origins and such without destroying or intruding on the original.

Thank You Poisonedapples

i really love the series very nice read..
    just do what you think...