• Disney/WWE/Anime fan

A new Winnie the pooh book is announced?

Winnie-the-Pooh to return in authorized sequel

this is by far the most intresting news i have read today

Publishers in Britain and the United States said Friday they will publish a new book of Winnie-the-Pooh adventures on Oct. 5. "Return to the Hundred Acre Wood" is the first authorized sequel to A. A. Milne's Pooh stories, which were first published in the 1920s.

It will be published in Britain by Egmont Publishing and in the U.S. by Penguin imprint Dutton Children's Books, they said in statements.

The new book is written by novelist and playwright David Benedictus, who has adapted several Pooh stories for audio CD, and illustrated by British artist Mark Burgess.
    Last edited by Dustysage; 02-15-2009 at 06:04 PM. Reason: Quote added - Link Fixed

Re: A new Winnie the pooh book is announced?

I think this is exciting news, but I hope that they don't ruin A.A. Milne's classic stories.
    GREAT BLOG! It has great guides and photos and videos all about Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Walt Disney himself, Disney's films, Pixar, other movies, gadgets, and everything inbetween. Visit now!

• Future Disney Villain

I don't know i'm HIGHLY reticent when it comes to authors other than the originals writing new stories for classic novels. Like the sequels to Peter Pan or Wizard of Oz books by Anyone besides L. Frank Baum...alot of the time it's hit or miss...and the majority are miss.

Muppets are Totally Ab-Fab!

Professor Phantasma- Making inopportune comments about your Uggs since 2006

Quote Originally Posted by MrLefou View Post
    I don't know i'm HIGHLY reticent when it comes to authors other than the originals writing new stories for classic novels. Like the sequels to Peter Pan or Wizard of Oz books by Anyone besides L. Frank Baum...alot of the time it's hit or miss...and the majority are miss.
    But what about things like Peter and the Starcatchers? The original author is long gone, but there is still a unique story able to be told by a capable author from a new, interesting point of view. I agree that sequels are usually nothing compared to the original, but, in cases like Peter and the Starcatchers, the prequel (in this case) comes pretty close.
    GREAT BLOG! It has great guides and photos and videos all about Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Walt Disney himself, Disney's films, Pixar, other movies, gadgets, and everything inbetween. Visit now!