Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Minion

Blog Entries

Smile J.A.B.C. -- Pride and Prejudice

Pride and Prejudice

First impressions can be misleading, as Elizabeth Bennet and Fitzwilliam Darcy learn all too well. Join them as they overcome both pride and prejudice to form what is known as the greatest literary couple of all time.

Pride and Prejudice - PublicLiterature.org

P & P appears to be in public domain, if you wish to use it, there is a link to a free e-book.

This week, we will begin by introducing ourselves, as well as reading chapters 1-7, ending on page 29

The schedule (if you approve) will be as follows:

Month

Days
    Chapters

January

25-31 1-7

February

1-7 8-14
    8-14 15-20
    15-21 21-28
    22-28 29-38

March

1-7 39-44
    8-14 45-52
    15-21 53-61

*sorry about the formatting, i had a chart, but the internet ate it*

Discussion will be open at all times, however nights and weekends are usually more accessible to everyone making it a good time.

Enjoy your reading a discussion,
    See you at Pemberly!

• Minion

Blog Entries

Re: J.A.B.C. -- Pride and Prejudice

I'll introduce myself first!

I'm Krystle, 21 years old and live in California. My first experience with Jane Austen was the 2005 P&P movie. I instantly fell in love with the world she had created, however it took me a year or so before I finally bought the book. I fell even more in love after my first blaze though over a weekend.

I am more a movie girl myself, always making time for them on TV or seeking them out at the rentals place, however I am completely open to the experience of reading Jane's work, obviously.

• Directly directed

Hi! My name is Autumn. I am 23 years old and I live in Humboldt County. I fell in love with Emma when it came out and I picked up the book when I was 15. I finished them all by the time I was 18 and generally reread them every year. I also love to read all the Jane Austen inspired books. I'm so excited to be doing this!

I'm Dianne. I'm 27 and live in San Jose. I'm originally from Orange County and hoep to move back after this school year. I teach 5th grade up here. My first exposure to Jane Austen was the movie "Sense and Sensibility" with Emma Thompson and Kate Winslet. I read the book and then heard about "Pride and Prejudiced." I saw the BBC version of the movie on PBS and then read the book. From there I started to read the books before watching the movies. I've read most of Jane Austen's works and reread them randomly.

My best score ever!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

Yay!

Kim. 27. In Anacortes, WA right now. My mom read Austen a lot growing up and I always thought "ick no that's one of Mom's classics." But I read a lot of chick lit and kept hearing "Austen's the queen of chick lit." Just been scared of her I guess...

• MiceChat News Team
    • Sparkle Plenty

I'm Kimberly, but my nickname (thank you, tinkermonkey) is Deebs. I grew up in the Bay Area but have been living in Stockton for more than 10 years now. I love to read, just about anything. Some of my favorite authors are E.M. Delafield, Edith Wharton, Maeve Binchy, Anne Tyler, J.D. Salinger, Nick Hornby, and Jane Austen -- of course.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • has a brand new mindset

Aw, shucks, GF. It was just an easy way of saying DB outloud...

I'm Tiffany. I'm a mom in Port Orchard, WA who loves to use books to escape. I grew up getting in trouble because while we were on vacation, be it a road trip to Yellowstone or 2 weeks on our sailboat up into Canada, I would be buried in a book. My reading of late has been a lot of fantasy stuff, but on a juvenile fiction level. Lots of Harry Potter (just re-read the entire series this month with a friend, my first book club experience I guess?) and things like Inkheart and the Percy Jackson series - mostly so I read the stuff before my daughter does so I can talk books with her.

But I love romance novels. I love historical fiction. (Just finished Rhett Butler's People) For some reason, I've never read Jane. I love the stories as brought to life in film and Deebs has always expressed a deep love of Ms. Austen so, here I am!

I might have to jump in a bit late though. My husband was recently diagnosed with Hodgkins Lymphoma (a relapse) and we are spending this week determining his treatment plan. Oh, that and I'm going to Anaheim on Friday and probably won't find any time to read...
    I love my awesome crazy wonderful friends!!

"Do you remember in kindergarten, how you’d meet a kid,
    then 10 seconds later you’d be playing like you were best friends?"

• Minion

Blog Entries

Hey, off topic, but what did you think of Rhett Butler's People?

Drove me nuts that he came back, sure it's nice to dream, but Mitchell SAID it was over.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • has a brand new mindset

*off topic on Rhett Butler's People*
    I liked it. But I like happy endings. I have a list of movies that I nearly threw my TV out because they didn't have a happy ending even though they were purported to be this great romantic movie. So, to get some better "closure" on Rhett and Scarlett was wonderful for me.
    I love my awesome crazy wonderful friends!!

"Do you remember in kindergarten, how you’d meet a kid,
    then 10 seconds later you’d be playing like you were best friends?"

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew

Blog Entries

My plan is to bring P&P with me to school today and read between classes... So we'll see how far I get. Yay!

• My cuties!

I'm Susan, mom to 6 1/2 year old b/g twins. We live in Battle Ground, WA. I've only read Sense and Sensibilities but have seen the movies of Jane Austen's books that were on PBS last year. Loved them! I found P&P on this site: LibriVox: Search Results so I plan to listen to it on my mp3.

• Cake Anyone?

Hi I am Christine. I live in Rancho Cucamonga, CA. and I am a divorced 45 yr old mother of two grown up children (ages 22 and 28). I was an avid reader as a child / teenager but when I started having kids that fell to the wayside. My most recent readings were the Harry Potter books (back to back to back) until I got to the last book and I hated the writting of the book so much that I quite reading it and I still have no idea what happened. I never read any of Jane's books but I am really looking forward to this.
    Taking contributions to get me back to Disneyland!

• My cuties!

Christine, you have to read the 7th book!! I just finished listening to it and loved it even more than the first time I read it. Try the audiobook -- the guy who reads them is awesome!

• Cake Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by twinmom View Post
    Christine, you have to read the 7th book!! I just finished listening to it and loved it even more than the first time I read it. Try the audiobook -- the guy who reads them is awesome!

Well I do think about it Susan but I hate writters that who IMHO drag out a book just to add some pages and that is what I felt was done in the last book. I may have to go to the audiobook just so I can actually get through it!
    Taking contributions to get me back to Disneyland!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew

Blog Entries

I'm on chapte 6. It's good once you realize it's women gossiping.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast