• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • June 3rd, 2011

Attention Zappa AND Surf Music Fans!!!!

Hey guys, My mentor at work is also an inspiring film producer, He's worked on this film that he is currently trying to get picked up. It chronicles the beginnings of Frank Zappa and the Mothers of Invention and some of the great surf bands that recorded in Frank Zappa's Studio that he started in Cucamonga. Check it out and contact them and tell them what you think.

||__ Freak Out In Cucamonga _||
    PirateMunkee

Visit My Horror Designs Store!!!

• Senior Minion

Re: Attention Zappa AND Surf Music Fans!!!!

You had me at surf music! Looks like an interesting film and the website has some nice stuff. I liked listening to the mp3's there, especially because I have never heard any music from Frank Zappa.

• Rock Star Minion

Well, I have heard about the bird.....
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • June 3rd, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by TikiRoomLiz View Post
    You had me at surf music! Looks like an interesting film and the website has some nice stuff. I liked listening to the mp3's there, especially because I have never heard any music from Frank Zappa.
    Funny thing I learned from my friend is that Wipeout was actually the B Side to Surfer Joe and was actually made up there on the spot. The Surfaris went in to record just Surfer Joe but was told that they needed a B Side. The just made the song up there on the spot. The Famous Drum Beat was actually a marching band cadence the drummer used to do in marching band just sped up and the snapping sound at the beginning was from something they found outside the studio. They were originally going to call the song Switchblade.
    PirateMunkee

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • June 3rd, 2011

Also if anybody goes and checks out the site, please use the "Contact Us" button and just drop them a line letting them know what you thought. They are feeling pretty discouraged trying to shop this around. I told my friend because it probably was too localized dealing with just Zappa's time starting off in Cucamonga and the great music that came out of that studio. MTV is checking it out now and a huge Zappa Festival in Europe wanted them to come out and premiere the film out there but they would have to pay their own way out and my friend works with me at Disneyland. So you know he isn't getting paid enough for a Europe trip.
    PirateMunkee

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by PirateMunkee View Post
    Funny thing I learned from my friend is that Wipeout was actually the B Side to Surfer Joe and was actually made up there on the spot. The Surfaris went in to record just Surfer Joe but was told that they needed a B Side. The just made the song up there on the spot. The Famous Drum Beat was actually a marching band cadence the drummer used to do in marching band just sped up and the snapping sound at the beginning was from something they found outside the studio. They were originally going to call the song Switchblade.
    Wow, although it tends to happen a lot where the B Sides of many albums ended up being hits. Wipeout has become one of those classic songs everyone knows.