• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

The Books of Bill Peet anyone?

You all know Bill Peet. He's Walt Disney's story man! He had a hand behind many of your favorite animated features and shorts. But how many of his books do you have?

I had no idea he had this many stories to his name, nor did I realize that's what he did when he left Disney!

Book List

That's quite an impressive assortment of children's books and I'm wondering if any of you have read them. Do you think any of them can make good Disney theatrical shorts?

I may have to get my hands on some of these!

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• MiceChat Moderator
    • I'm back! Sorta...

Re: The Books of Bill Peet anyone?

I've always been a fan of Mr. Peet--my grammar school teacher was a good friend of his and he kept coming in for visits and artwork.

He'd always hand out copies of his books. I got one, but to this day, I can't find it. Still loved "the Land of the Wompus."

Peace,
    Roo
    husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

• Practically Magic

Blog Entries

Re: The Books of Bill Peet anyone?

When I was in fourth grade, the teacher had a complete set of Bill Peet's children's books, and she made sure she read each one out to us over the school year (I think now she must've had a vendetta to hook us on Peet stuff). I definitely recommend these books to anyone who's never experienced them.

By far, my favorite was Big Bad Bruce. That one was HILARIOUS. I still read my copy from time to time, just to show how much it stuck with me. If Disney were to turn only one of these into a short, this'd be the best bet.

The other ones I liked were The Spooky Tail of Prewitt Peacock, The Whingdingdilly, and How Droofus the Dragon Lost His Head.