Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Prefect

Blog Entries

Re: Just what LA needs ... ANOTHER Top 40 station

I do like Adam Corolla, but I only listened to his show in the morning a couple of times. I'm usually not in the car for very long until the afternoon. Did he say what he's going to do now?
    <o>

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

Part of me liked Tom, but I had a big issue with women who called up and complained. Turn the station if you disagree or learn about another x% of the population different than yourself.

The 11pm guys I liked a lot. If I was driving home from Disneyland it was nice having people argue rather than music, which after a long day typically puts me to sleep.

With Adam Corolla: it was just nice after moving up here and total culture shock to hear a familar voice on the radio. He would mention places I would go and I wouldn't feel so...homesick I guess for lack of a better word (but I'm not homesick because I love WA, it's just weird.). I'm wondering what 107.7 will do from now on.

ETA:
    Pixie- he's going to be doing a podcast starting Monday/Sunday night, he mentioned going on Kevin and Bean to Jimmy on Monday too. And then at the last minute mentioned something about t.v. So he seems like he'll be busy.

• mountains beyond mtns.

Quote Originally Posted by pixie chick View Post

When Indie 103.1 changed, that was more of a loss for me.
    I hear ya on that. It's amazing that Indie 103.1 lasted as long as it did, considering that it was owned by Clear Channel.

• Minion

For some reason, Kevin & Bean have been doing a show during the rush hour time slot at like 5pm. Not sure why though, nor do I know if they're still on in the morning. I'm not usually up by then.

AMP 97.1 is definitly in competition with KIIS FM. Their commercials have listeners saying they made the switch from KIIS to AMP. For a while, KIIS was the only top 40 station around.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Quote Originally Posted by AidensDaddy View Post
    For some reason, Kevin & Bean have been doing a show during the rush hour time slot at like 5pm. Not sure why though, nor do I know if they're still on in the morning. I'm not usually up by then.
    Punk's smash-the-rule-book ethos has manifested itself in KROQ's program lineup in recent weeks with program director Kevin Weatherly's decision to hack off a chunk of the "Kevin and Bean" morning show and toss them into the afternoon for an hour each day at 5 p.m. The move is a gamble, one that has ticked off some listeners and confused others, but it's an attempt to respond to the ratings-tracking revolution underway in the radio industry.

" 'Kevin and Bean' is our most popular show," Weatherly said. "Now we're finding we have as many listeners at 5 in the afternoon as we do at 7 in the morning, but we were seeing [the ratings] start to fall off some at 9 a.m. . . . This is introducing them to a whole new audience at the end of the day. A lot of people never tune in the morning, and now they're asking, 'Who are these guys?' "

The shake-up in the KROQ program lineup can be traced to the arrival in Los Angeles of Arbitron's Portable People Meter method of measuring radio listenership. PPM has been rolled out in 10 markets across the country, including Los Angeles as of August, presenting the potential to bring as significant a change in the radio world as the 1991 arrival of SoundScan did within the record industry.
    Fresh data changes radio's numbers game - Los Angeles Times
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

I don't miss KLSX at all. I've never been a Stern fan, and I liked Leykis a lot better when he was on KFI and his show was more issues-oriented.

I haven't listened to "Amp", and I don't know if they're using live, local jocks. But I'm sure that part of this move by the good folks at CBS Radio was aimed at cutting jobs, much like they did at 93.1 a few years ago when the entier "Arrow" staff was sacked one Friday afternoon in favor of the automated "JACK".

-- Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12