Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kingdom Keepers

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Re: Kingdom Keepers

I just finished reading it... It was ok. The writing was pretty bad, but i did get into the storyline. If it hadn't taken place in Disney World, then it would have been a thousand times worse lol
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Minion

I have to agree with the people who didn't care for the first book. I just recently read it and thought it was pretty bad. There was no resolution and most if it didn't really make any sense. There were so many things that he never explains. I had no idea that there was more than one book, but I have no desire to read the second or third one.

• This is it... COME ON!!

HECK YEAH!! I had so much fun reading these! It's worth the buy!!
    Disneyland's closed for all of 2011. See you in 2012. Snow White is now a water ride, Matterhorn has a fullsize basketball court where the Clippers have relocated to, and King Arthur's Carousel is suspended 250ft. in the air.
    Enjoy it while it lasts! LOL!

Proud Premium Passholder

What happened to the old Disney movie opening? The new ones just too long and not classic.

• Banned User

I bought the first one and didn't even finish it. It utterly lacks magic. In fact, it'd downright dull. Unworthy of Disney IMO.

• Sock Puppet

I really liked the concept and characters in the books, but there were too many plot holes, and it was not very well written.
    There is still some hope for the series in the fact that it may be made into a movie. With any luck, this will make up for everything that the books lack.
    Actually, the only reason that these books even sell, in my opinion, is the fact that it takes place in a Disney park. haha. Maybe I'm being too harsh? But either way, I kept coming back to the books and reading them, and plan to pick up the third one on the day it comes out!

While reading these books, though, I seriously often wondered how this guy made it as an author O.o

yeahh.
    8D

• Still lost in Neverland

Here is something I just don't understand. At the end of the 2nd book the real evil mastermind is revealed (and it ain't Malificence) and it is intimated that this evil thing is headed to Walt's Original Theme Park out in California. Well the ads now appearing for the third book state that this time the story takes place in EPCOT and the Studio Park. Those are not Walt's original Theme Parks. I wonder if something changed and there will be fourth book that takes the kids to Disneyland. I sure hope so.

I think the books are a lot of fun to read and so far I really enjoyed reading them. You just have to bring out the kid in you to enjoy them. A lot of detail about "back stage" areas within all the WDW Parks is very accurate. It's not meant to be some great novel that changes the world, just fun reading for Disney Theme Park fans.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• King of Los Angeles

The first was an ok read though very USA Today. Hasn't compelled me to pick up the next book.
    Last edited by BuzzedLightyear; 04-06-2010 at 05:53 PM.

• The Study of Wumbo

I liked it, it was fun. It's not fantastic, but it's a fun read. I like it especially because Ridley Pearson actually is an alumnus of my elementary and middle schools.

Did anyone else notice that the park pictured on the front of the first book is actually Tokyo Disneyland? You can see the poles supporting the roof of the World Bazaar.

Also, I hate the second book's cover. And the third. I love the first's though.
    -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])

The Kingdom Keepers story is great! I really enjoyed reading the novels. Ridley Pearson has a lot of great ideas.
    The writing wasn't amazing, but it wasn't horrible either- he meant to write a novel for entertainment purposes, and wasn't as focused on amazing writing.
    I'm writing a Disney novel right now and I'm not entirely focused on how enticing the writing itself is, but how enticing the story is- because that's whats more important to me. Granted, I'm 14 and I've never been published but, obviously Ridley can write, since he has been published by Disney. Which I highly doubt is easy.
    If I'm correct though, the 3rd one is not taking place in Disneyland. Isn't it a mixture of EPCOT and Hollywood Studios? Here is the cover for the third one:

• The Study of Wumbo

The third book is still set in WDW, mostly dominant in Epcot and the Hollywood Studios. That is the black and white version of the cover as released by Ridley on his blog.
    -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])

• Still lost in Neverland

That is what I find strange. Because at the end of book two it was very clearly stated that the main villian (I don't want to spoil it for someone who might read it) is heading for the "Original Disney Theme Park out in California". So that is why I posted some time ago the third book was going to take place in Disneyland and then I see it advertised and it clearly is not Disneyland. Something may have happened to make him write a different book and then Disneyland will appear in a fourth and final book. I like all the books for a fun read.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Disneyland Nomad

Quote Originally Posted by jesterjack View Post
    got some answers

1. the third book is called 'Disney in Shadows'

2. Amazon says is going to be reallesed April 27, 2010

0_o.............*starts banging head agianst second book*
    YaY!!!!!!!!!!!
    "And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make."

The Beatles

love the books! although in the first book he mentions alot of backstage stuff that i wouldn't approve of if i was disney.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Boy View Post
    That is what I find strange. Because at the end of book two it was very clearly stated that the main villian (I don't want to spoil it for someone who might read it) is heading for the "Original Disney Theme Park out in California". So that is why I posted some time ago the third book was going to take place in Disneyland and then I see it advertised and it clearly is not Disneyland. Something may have happened to make him write a different book and then Disneyland will appear in a fourth and final book. I like all the books for a fun read.
    Actually, Ridley expressed after the release of KK I that there would be four more books, creating a 5 part book series. Ridley said that he will probably set book 4 on Disney Cruise Line. Book 5 will definitely be set at Disneyland.
    Amazon says it wil be released April 27 2010
    Amazon updated that date a while ago. The book is now being released April 6 2010.
    "Headlines don't sell papes. NEWSIES sell papes."

• Banned User

Just finished book 3. 550 pages. 8 hours. new record. let me just say. OMG THAT WAS AMAZING!!! the way they presented the rides, the action, the comedy it was worth the wait. now i must wait for book 4. :P

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast