Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Follow me on Twitter!!!

Question about Wicked San Francisco Tickets

So I saw Wicked for my 4th time last night in San Francisco after seeing the original Broadway cast and twice when it was on tour in San Francisco back in 2005. For one of my best friend's Christmas present, I told him I would take him to Wicked in the Spring. I am planning on taking him in April. Now I looked online and I can't find any tickets for the saturdays...but doesn't online ticketing only have a certain amount of tickets? Doesn't the box office have their own amount? If I went to the box office or called, would I be able to find tickets?
    *~*~*Prince Dalton*~*~*

Re: Question about Wicked San Francisco Tickets

Nobody???
    *~*~*Prince Dalton*~*~*

• Popular Princess

How about the lottery? The people that put in for the lottery get really good seats!
    I'd rather be at Disneyland

• All You Need is Love!

I would try calling first. If they can't help you, try a different day. I know it could be hard to go during the week, but that would be your best bet if you can't go on saturday. And have you tried both the morning and evening performances? One might have more tickets available than the other.

I wouldn't try the lottery. Your friend would be pretty sad if you entered and the didn't win.

Good luck getting tickets! Hopfully this summer I can get out to SF and see the show again.
    (\_/) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (='.'=) signature to help him gain world domination

• Popular Princess

Definitely try calling the box office. I checked the availability of all of the weekend shows, both matinee and evening, recently (I've want to go back so bad since I went in February!), and there weren't any tickets. Oblivion is right about going during the week, though, there are definitely more tickets available.
    I'd rather be at Disneyland

Thanks guys! I'm going to call tomorrow. I have to take my friend to see this...it's super important...and I somehow have to take him to see it before May, when he's going with his drama class to see it...he promised me he would see it with me first! So I'm thinking during our Spring Break we can see it on a weeknight...I have to see it again! It's so good!
    *~*~*Prince Dalton*~*~*

• All You Need is Love!

Good luck! If you try for Spring Break, get the tickets as soon as you can. Many people go on vacation during Spring Break and many of those people might say "Hey, while we are visiting San Francisco, why don't we go see Wicked?"

So I went on to ticketzoom.com because ticketmaster was sold out and I called and they were sold out, so I bought two tickets for 3rd row center loge (which IMO, loge is better than orchestra for this show because a lot of things happen in above the stage) for $327 total including shipment and fees...I know, it's a lot, but it's worth it to me. Especially since the friend I'm taking LOVES Wicked and has never seen it. Anyways, so I buy them for May 9 at 8pm. Everything is cool. We're so excited. Than all of the sudden yesterday, I get a text saying "Omg! I didn't realize it but my prom is that night!" So I freak out. I asked him repeatedly if that night would work. The ticket website says all sales final, no refunds, exchanges or cancellations. Now we talked last night and he said that if he has to miss prom, he will because seeing Wicked is more important, but it's his senior prom so he's also kinda sad to miss it. So he said we should try to sell them and then buy tickets for another night. I posted an ad on craigslist but who knows if someone will buy them I'm so frustrated and upset, but I can't not see it with him he's one of my best friends and this is really excitiing! So do you have any suggestions on what I should do? Oh and spare me the "you're screwed buddy" or "you idiot" things like that. It was his mistake but prom wasn't on his mind. Like I said if all else fails, he said he would miss prom. But I don't want him to miss it! I just need to know if there are any other options I have? Thanks you guys I appreciate any help
    *~*~*Prince Dalton*~*~*

any tips or advice or words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated!!!
    *~*~*Prince Dalton*~*~*

• All You Need is Love!

Aww, I was really happy for you then I kept reading and was like "Oh great".

I'm not sure if you could get the full price you paid back. Those sound like fantastic seats, but someone may find a better deal.

If worst does come to worst, tell him most people only go to prom for like litterally a few minutes and leave. My friends and I just went to a party instead of prom and had a blast! Plus it was free.

I would never miss the chance to go out with my best friend and go see a great show. But that's just me.

I'm not sure if I can give you any great advice, but I wish you luck and hope this all works itself out.

Quote Originally Posted by Oblivion View Post
    Aww, I was really happy for you then I kept reading and was like "Oh great".

I'm not sure if you could get the full price you paid back. Those sound like fantastic seats, but someone may find a better deal.

If worst does come to worst, tell him most people only go to prom for like litterally a few minutes and leave. My friends and I just went to a party instead of prom and had a blast! Plus it was free.

I would never miss the chance to go out with my best friend and go see a great show. But that's just me.

I'm not sure if I can give you any great advice, but I wish you luck and hope this all works itself out.
    I know I was SOOO excited! They were perfect seats and we were going to spend the day in the city and have a good dinner and have a blast!!! He told me that if nothing else worked, he would miss prom because it was more important to him to see Wicked with me, but he also just sort of feels sad. I, personally, enjoyed prom much better as a junior. At our high school (thats how I know him...hes a couple years younger but we did theatre together) prom is with both juniors and seniors. My senior year prom was only ok. He even said last years prom was lame, so I don't know. I think he also feels pressured by everyone else to go to prom. Hopefully it will work out. I spent a fortune on him and I only did that because it was to be an amazing night with my best friend! I would never spend that much on anyone else!!!
    *~*~*Prince Dalton*~*~*

• All You Need is Love!

You sound like a great friend.

And that's funny about the prom! When I was a junior the prom was Masquerade and that was really amazing. Everything felt very Phantom of the Opera like. But when I was a senior, prom was just like starry night or something. Everyone said it was very meh.

But really, I couldn't think of a better night than being with my best friend seeing a great show and getting a really good dinner.

You sound like a great friend.

And that's funny about the prom! When I was a junior the prom was Masquerade and that was really amazing. Everything felt very Phantom of the Opera like. But when I was a senior, prom was just like starry night or something. Everyone said it was very meh.

But really, I couldn't think of a better night than being with my best friend seeing a great show and getting a really good dinner.
    Well thanks for the kind words!! I agree. I would much rather go see a show than go to prom.

I got a few responses from my craigslist ad, so hopefully I'll have the money soon so I can buy good seats for the weekend before!!!

I am positive I can fix everything and so he can go to his prom, because I'm really doing this for him. I want him to be happy.
    *~*~*Prince Dalton*~*~*

• All You Need is Love!

Isn't it weird how whenever you get something amazing and you are really excited, it all goes wrong? lol It never fails.

That's great news about craigslist. Hopefully you can sell them. And hopefully you can get great seats for the week before.

Isn't it weird how whenever you get something amazing and you are really excited, it all goes wrong? lol It never fails.

That's great news about craigslist. Hopefully you can sell them. And hopefully you can get great seats for the week before.
    Yeah, I hope so!!! So far, no luck =/

But I talked to my friend on the phone and he assured me that if I can't find a way to sell them, then he'll still go on the 9th and just miss his prom.
    *~*~*Prince Dalton*~*~*

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast