• MiceChat News Team
    • Supervillan Extrodinaire

Blog Entries

Duran Duran to perform at Orange County,CA on 7/11

Duran Duran return to the U.S.

Show confirmed for July 11th at the Pacific Amphitheatre in Orange County, CA

Tickets on sale this Saturday, April 11th

Speaking from the studio in London, where they are currently working on a new album with producer Mark Ronson, Duran Duran today confirmed a one-off summer performance at the Orange Country Fair in California on July 11th.

This will be one of a handful of select shows that the band are committing to play in the U.S. and Europe this summer. A few days after the OC date, they will head home to the UK for two recently confirmed shows: the first on July 16th at Scotland's historic Edinburgh Castle, and the second a headlining slot at London's ultra-hip Lovebox Festival on July 18th.

The band members are thrilled to be bringing their live show back to audiences at the Pacific Amphitheater, following the 16-month-long success of their 2007/8 Red Carpet Massacre World Tour.

Tickets for the OC show are available from April 11th on ticketmaster.com.

Members of Duran Duran's fan community at DuranDuranMusic.com - The Official Duran Duran Fan Community will have access to Presale and Ticket Package sales from Tuesday, April 7th at 8 am PST (11 am EST)

For more information on Duran Duran, and future tour dates, visit Duranduran.com The official Duran Duran website.
    Growing older is manditory
    Growing up is however, optional

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Re: Duran Duran to perform at Orange County,CA on 7/11

As much as I love this band...

Just a warning, their fan club is soooo NOT worth it. Worst $35 I ever spent. Their "VIP" ticket packages are $300. Sure you get a seat in the first 5 rows and there's a pre-show cocktail reception & you have a chance to win the meet & greet raffle (though the same people get picked over and over and over again). For $300 I expect a bit more.

The band members are thrilled to be bringing their live show back to audiences at the Pacific Amphitheater, following the 16-month-long success of their 2007/8 Red Carpet Massacre World Tour.
    Successful? Really? What delusional fairyworld are they living in? Even with all 5 original members in 2005 they couldn't sell out 1/4 of the St Pete Times Forum in Tampa. But then you get all the ones that come out of the woodwork that only want to hear the songs everyone else that's there is SICK of hearing (the "hits"). They don't realize the band has made 9 other albums since Seven and the Ragged Tiger.

Ok I'm starting to rant. I better stop before I say too much. Yet I know why they're suddenly scheduling shows even though they're working on a new album... they're broke again. I leaned a lot from reading Andy's book.

All said though.... I do want to see them again someday. Just their fan club can bite my collectibe butt.
    Last edited by aimster; 04-06-2009 at 11:24 AM.