Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011

Thread: Comic Books

• Animation Domination

Re: Comic Books

Quote Originally Posted by brand42 View Post
    I got GL 56 and GLC 50 today.

I haven't laughed so much while reading a GL comic (#56) in quite some time! Larfleeze believes in Santa Claus! Hal overloading the orange constructs with an insane amount of sweets!
    I also got GL 56 and GLC 50 but I also got Flash #4.
    Already dropped Outsiders and JLA from my buy list.
    "You are watching FOX"

• Disneyland PAP

Finished reading Blackest Night over the weekend. Not the best of Geoff Johns' epic works, mainly cuz it was obviously missing moments depicted in tie-in books. I knew the end result already, but the rushed finale in this reading meant I missed out on having the
    Spoiler
    return of dead heroes and villains to life
    give me the dramatic impact I'm sure I would've gotten if I'd read more tie-in books along the way to this issue's ending. But I have Blackest Night: Green Lantern on my nightstand to read up next and fill in some of those missing moments. But Ivan Reis's artwork is outstanding!! What an awesome showcase for his artwork and design ideas! And I guess I have to wait till January to pick the Brightest Day hardcover.

• Animation Domination

Quote Originally Posted by Gone2Disneyland View Post
    Finished reading Blackest Night over the weekend. Not the best of Geoff Johns' epic works, mainly cuz it was obviously missing moments depicted in tie-in books. I knew the end result already, but the rushed finale in this reading meant I missed out on having the
    Spoiler
    return of dead heroes and villains to life
    give me the dramatic impact I'm sure I would've gotten if I'd read more tie-in books along the way to this issue's ending. But I have Blackest Night: Green Lantern on my nightstand to read up next and fill in some of those missing moments. But Ivan Reis's artwork is outstanding!! What an awesome showcase for his artwork and design ideas! And I guess I have to wait till January to pick the Brightest Day hardcover.
    The only let down of Blackest Night was issue 8 it felt like a rush issue.
    "You are watching FOX"

• mountains beyond mtns.

I was finally able to track down the Superman/Batman Annual #4. I guess this was a 2nd print on it?

No one ever told me it had Terry McGinnis in it or else I definitely would have picked it up when it was first released. I thought it was a great read, better than the Bats Beyond mini series in fact, and a bit poignant at the end.

• Animation Domination

Quote Originally Posted by brand42 View Post
    I was finally able to track down the Superman/Batman Annual #4. I guess this was a 2nd print on it?

No one ever told me it had Terry McGinnis in it or else I definitely would have picked it up when it was first released. I thought it was a great read, better than the Bats Beyond mini series in fact, and a bit poignant at the end.
    Batman Beyond is having a mini series right not and later this year it will be an ongoing series.
    "You are watching FOX"

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011