Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Comic Books

• mountains beyond mtns.

Re: Comic Books

Blackest Night #2 is out this week, though I haven't gone to pick it up yet.

I have to rescind what I wrote about Blackest Night Tales of the Corps. The Saint Walker story in #1 wasn't bad. I skipped #2 as I don't really give a rat about the Red and Yellow lanterns but picked up #3 just because it had Kilowog and Arisia stories. It was great to see them featured for once and not only that but they were rookie stories.

• The Yodelin' Cowgirl

Blog Entries

Do I read comics?! Has my brother worked at a comic book store for years? Do I attend comic con?

...The answer to all of these questions is yes.

As for what I currently read:
    Angel (After the Fall & Only Human & whatever the heck else they throw out)
    Buffy Season 8
    Fallen Angel
    Muppet Show (also Muppet Robin Hood but it hasn't been holding my attention)
    Toy Story, Cars, Incredibles, Nemo (all the Boom! Disney ones basically... Not a huge fan of any but Muppet Show & Incredibles really)
    Gotham City Sirens
    (I was also reading Alice, Haunted Mansion and the two Gargoyles series from SLG, but I believe those are all discontinued now )

Meanwhile I've been borrowing: Batman & Robin, Detective Comic (the new Batwoman) & Blackest Night from my brother whenever he buys them
    I'm also looking forward to the new Batgirl comic that starts next week I believe (I just wanna know who she is!! :P)

For some reason I keep thinking I'm forgetting stuff, but you know. There's a lot od stuff I've been looking into getting into (biggest among them Fables) and honesly, I'll read pretty much anything anyone recommends. I'm not super picky as long as it's a good story and good art
    Last edited by Kuzcochik; 08-13-2009 at 11:05 PM.

• mountains beyond mtns.

I liked Blackest Night #2 more than #1, though that could just be my being used to the tone of the series already. I'm still not sure if it will be any better than Sinestro Corps War, however.

I hope you all don't mind me going a bit off topic for a second but since there are a few Green Lantern fans here, I thought it might be better received than in the toy threads.

Anyhow, I've been working on this the past few days

She may not look like much but when all is said and done, I'll have a figure of Arisia of the Green Lantern Corps Enough of Hal Jordan already!

and now back to the regularly scheduled comics discussion...

Super fun comic books children will surely love. Latest comic books are very exciting to read and will widen the imagination of many children around the world.

• Disneyland PAP

Watching Green Lantern: First Flight inspired me to go back to re-read Green Lantern: Rebirth and Green Lantern: Secret Origins. I finished GL:R this afternoon, and glad I re-read it before getting into the whole Blackest Night thing. It's so amazing to see the seeds all sewn there at the start! I'm only a few pages into GL:O, but Geoff Johns obviously planned everything out before he start writing GL, lifting a flashback scene from Rebirth and placing it verbatim into Origin as a plot point. After this, I've got Green Lantern: Rage of the Red Lanterns HC and GLC: Sins of the Star Sapphire on deck to read too.

• Animation Domination

Quote Originally Posted by brand42 View Post
    I liked Blackest Night #2 more than #1, though that could just be my being used to the tone of the series already. I'm still not sure if it will be any better than Sinestro Corps War, however.
    I was thinking about picking up Blackest Night Tales of the Corps #1-3. Maybe next time. Anyways Blackest Night #2 was better than the first issue. I can't wait for the next issue. Also Green Lanern #43 and 44 are good reads before reading Blackest Night.
    "You are watching FOX"

• mountains beyond mtns.

Now that I've read Blackest Night #2 through two more times, I like it even more!

Without spoiling anything, there's a character that totally owned the Black Lanterns in one scene. Undoubtedly, he/she won over quite a few fans with that showdown.

I'm beginning to see some great potential for the series provided that it continues to be more than just "DC Zombies".

• mountains beyond mtns.

Blackest Night #3 - Anyone read it yet?

I'm waiting until Saturday to get it but read some spoilers.
    Sadly, we're almost halfway done with Blackest Night.

• Shablagoo!

Sounds like the lanterns are starting to take the lead role like you hoped for early on.

Spoiler
    To be honest, I hope Firestorm gets to kick some major butt after what happened to him in the issue.

• Animation Domination

Quote Originally Posted by Melonballer View Post
    Sounds like the lanterns are starting to take the lead role like you hoped for early on.

Spoiler
    To be honest, I hope Firestorm gets to kick some major butt after what happened to him in the issue.
    So next issue the Black Lantern battery power reaches 100%?
    "You are watching FOX"

• mountains beyond mtns.

I was not expecting to see the Unknown Soldier in Blackest Night #3!

So I've completely turned around from the post I made back on 7/31 and I'm more excited for DC comics than I have been in quite some time. Part of the problem is that I've been a lemming with the JLA books which have really, really gone downhill.

• Shablagoo!

I was not expecting to see the Unknown Soldier in Blackest Night #3!

So I've completely turned around from the post I made back on 7/31 and I'm more excited for DC comics than I have been in quite some time. Part of the problem is that I've been a lemming with the JLA books which have really, really gone downhill.
    Totally agree on JLA. I started reading at Grant Morrison/Howard Porter run. It has never been as good as it was then. I feel that McDuffie got hosed on the title as he always had to take part in the crossovers and he could never seem to keep the big 3 on the team. Seriously. Do Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman have to take year long sabbatical every 2 months? We know what a world without them is like. It was called 52 and that was great. It is been there, done that. I dropped JLA months ago and have not regretted it. I still read JSA and have started picking up Power Girl. I have been considering dropping Teen Titans and almost did reacently. I am kind of waiting to see if Superboy ends up back with the team.

• mountains beyond mtns.

Quote Originally Posted by Melonballer View Post
    Totally agree on JLA. I started reading at Grant Morrison/Howard Porter run. It has never been as good as it was then. I feel that McDuffie got hosed on the title as he always had to take part in the crossovers and he could never seem to keep the big 3 on the team. Seriously. Do Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman have to take year long sabbatical every 2 months? We know what a world without them is like. It was called 52 and that was great. It is been there, done that. I dropped JLA months ago and have not regretted it. I still read JSA and have started picking up Power Girl. I have been considering dropping Teen Titans and almost did reacently. I am kind of waiting to see if Superboy ends up back with the team.
    McDuffie was seriously handcuffed. That issue where Mari and Ron were trapped under many feet of rubble was absolutely incredible. Too bad it never reached such heights of greatness again.

I really like the current Power Girl book as well. On anything else, I'd consider looking for a place to rent a total throwaway of panels but here it's light hearted enough that it works.

• Shablagoo!

I really like the current Power Girl book as well. On anything else, I'd consider looking for a place to rent a total throwaway of panels but here it's light hearted enough that it works.
    Amanda Conner is not only a great artist, but a really nice one too. You should check out her work on Gatecrasher (if you can find it). Here is a sketch she did for me years ago of Painkiller Jane.

• mountains beyond mtns.

I do indeed like Amanda Conner's artwork in Power Girl and the Supergirl comic strip in Wednesday Comics (they look kind of alike actually) and find her art to be a breath of fresh air compared to other DC artists.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast