Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Comic Books

• Animation Domination

Re: Comic Books

Quote Originally Posted by Melonballer View Post
    I have been considering dropping Teen Titans and almost did reacently. I am kind of waiting to see if Superboy ends up back with the team.
    Well Dan Didio did say that Superboy will get his own book (leaving Adventure Comics) and possible be on a team again.
    "You are watching FOX"

• we jumped out a window

I did a search for the "What Lantern are You?" thread and found that it was locked and can't be commented on or bumped.

At any rate, I came out as 90% Indigo which was a disappointment at the time but not any longer now that I've seen what Indigo 1 and Munk can do.

I got 3 of the "gift with purchase" rings over the weekend and so now I have Orange, Yellow, Indigo along with the Black from Blackest Night #1. IMO, they don't actually look that great and yet I find myself wanting to collect them. I also got the DC Direct Saint Walker figure as well.

• Animation Domination

Quote Originally Posted by brand42 View Post
    I did a search for the "What Lantern are You?" thread and found that it was locked and can't be commented on or bumped.

At any rate, I came out as 90% Indigo which was a disappointment at the time but not any longer now that I've seen what Indigo 1 and Munk can do.

I got 3 of the "gift with purchase" rings over the weekend and so now I have Orange, Yellow, Indigo along with the Black from Blackest Night #1. IMO, they don't actually look that great and yet I find myself wanting to collect them. I also got the DC Direct Saint Walker figure as well.
    I did get Blackest Night #1, but not the black ring. I'll get the black ring on ebay. Anyways today I can't wait to buy Adventure Comic #4 and The Outsiders #24 to get the blue and violet ring (Star Sapphire).
    "You are watching FOX"

• Disneyland PAP

I have pull list at my comic shop, but I went in today anyway to make sure I got the DHC one-shot Dr. Horrible. Only other titles I grabbed were Flash: Rebirth and an issue of Madame Xanadu I was missing.

• Animation Domination

Quote Originally Posted by Gone2Disneyland View Post
    I have pull list at my comic shop, but I went in today anyway to make sure I got the DHC one-shot Dr. Horrible. Only other titles I grabbed were Flash: Rebirth and an issue of Madame Xanadu I was missing.
    Yeah, I saw Dr. Horrible at my local comic shop, too. I didn't get it.
    "You are watching FOX"

• Disneyland PAP

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMousePal View Post
    Yeah, I saw Dr. Horrible at my local comic shop, too. I didn't get it.
    I read it last night. You didn't miss much!

• we jumped out a window

Oops, I forgot all about the Dr. Horrible comic. I'm going in for Blackest Night #5 tomorrow (as well as the latest JLA to complete my ring set).

• Animation Domination

On Wednesday I got Blackest Night #5, Green Lantern #48 (you need to read this before reading BN#5) and JLA #39.
    "You are watching FOX"

• we jumped out a window

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMousePal View Post
    On Wednesday I got Blackest Night #5, Green Lantern #48 (you need to read this before reading BN#5) and JLA #39.
    Got the same books today. For once, I actually enjoy the books that you need to buy in order to get the rings (got a complete set now!)

You gotta love the Disney references in the BN and GL comics, especially Hal making the Scrooge McDuck construct to taunt Larfleeze.

• we jumped out a window

I picked up the first issue of the Wall-E comic and it looks like it's going to be something that I collect more so than something that I'll look forward to reading monthly (like Blackest Night, for instance). I still haven't really heard what may happen to Boom Comics in light of Disney's acquistion of Marvel.

• Christmastime for Rocker

Blog Entries

I just got Batman/Superman issue number 65 over this past weekend. It was the Halloween special that had 5 different people. This is a really good single issue comic book, and I think they did a good job into diving the fears of Batman and Superman, and each of their arch-nemesis.

• Disneyland PAP

I'm embarrassed to admit I've had the Green Lantern: No Fear HC on my bookshelf for ages thinking I'd had already read only to discover when I pulled it out to re-read, I realized I never finished it! The Black Hand stuff at the end was completely new to me, and of course so relevant to what come since. Sheesh, whatta poozer!

I pulled out my Batman: Black & White Volume One SC from my bookshelf where it too has been gathering dust. This one I know I never fully finished reading, but I'm about half way through it now.

I've got a pile of the latest Buffy issues on my nightstand too, waiting to be read. It's the current story arc, just haven't read any of them yet.

• Christmastime for Rocker

Blog Entries

I just got the Green Lantern Issue #49, and I got Blackest Night #5 over at the comic shop. I was going to get it at Borders, but the line was long, and I read BN #5 before I decided to buy it. It was pretty good.

• Animation Domination

I got Blackest Night: JSA 1 of 3, the second part of both Justice League of America and The Outsiders which were Blackest Night tie-ins. Green Lantern #49 and Final Crisis: Rage of the Red Lantern. Some online sites have leaks of Blackest Night #6 which should come out next week or in January in some shops.
    "You are watching FOX"

• Disneyland PAP

Yesterday, picked up Blackest Night: JSA, Batwoman in DC, Gotham City Sirens, Wonder Woman, Wall•E, Willow One-Shot, Madame Xanadu and World's Finest. Only read WW and WF last night. Lopresti is a phenomenal penciller for WW, and Gail Simone is having a blast creating a dense world of challenges for the (formerly) Amazon Princess. I picked up Wall•E #0 last month and really liked what they were going for, so I picked up the first issue yesterday.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast