Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Comic Books

• mountains beyond mtns.

Re: Comic Books

How is that Blackest Night JSA? Having been burned on the BN JLA issues (last one was horrible, I thought), I'm trying to avoid the tie ins if I can, figuring that the money could be better used towards some of those upcoming Black Lantern figures.

• Shablagoo!

I generally avoid the tie in mini series. More often than not they stink. The big thing yesterday was that Blackest Night #6 got leaked. There is no comic shipment next week, so DC sent out copies early to the stores. That way they could sell it next week. The last page was another big WOW moment.

• Animation Domination

Quote Originally Posted by Melonballer View Post
    I generally avoid the tie in mini series. More often than not they stink. The big thing yesterday was that Blackest Night #6 got leaked. There is no comic shipment next week, so DC sent out copies early to the stores. That way they could sell it next week. The last page was another big WOW moment.
    Yeah, I saw the leak of the last page and it was freakin' sweet. The first issue of BN:JSA has more backstory than anything.
    BN: Wonder Woman and BN: Flash have a better start.
    "You are watching FOX"

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

I don't know if anyone would be interested but I figure I'd mention this:

"Supergirls!" by Mike Madrid is a really good book so far (just got it for Christmas). It's all about women's role in comics, feminism in comics, and the history of women in the genre all together. It's an interesting look at the genre along with feminism itself.

• Christmastime for Rocker

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Melonballer View Post
    I'm hoping #6 will be good.

• mountains beyond mtns.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocker View Post
    I'm hoping #6 will be good.
    Well, without spoiling anything for anyone, I thought it was the weakest of the Blackest Night issues thus far. The artwork was super awesome though.

I guess I'm mostly unsatisfied with wasted pages where _____ and ____ got rings. Just a few panels would have sufficed but not 2 pages for each.

I also picked up a Green and Blue Lantern button for just a buck each. Power levels at 200%. All will be well.

• Christmastime for Rocker

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by brand42 View Post
    Well, without spoiling anything for anyone, I thought it was the weakest of the Blackest Night issues thus far. The artwork was super awesome though.

I guess I'm mostly unsatisfied with wasted pages where _____ and ____ got rings. Just a few panels would have sufficed but not 2 pages for each.

I also picked up a Green and Blue Lantern button for just a buck each. Power levels at 200%. All will be well.
    Without spoiling anything, I read it last night and reflecting on it, it was basically just a set up for #7.

• Animation Domination

The art cover for Blackest Night #7 is up on Newsarama and on my profile page.
    Blackest Night: Wonder Woman 2 of 3 wasn't really good go buy Blackest Night#6 instead of buying Wonder Woman. Both books have the same ending with ___ getting a ______ ring.
    Last edited by MickeyMousePal; 01-07-2010 at 10:46 PM.
    "You are watching FOX"

• Disneyland PAP

I was at a comic shop over the weekend and almost broke down to buy every back issue of Blackest Night they had, which was #s 1-6. But I was able to fight the urge. I'm sticking to waiting for the collected trade edition, if for no other reason than so it can neatly join Rebirth, No Fear, Secret Origin, The Sinestro Corps War, and the rest of my GL trade editions on my bookshelf. Blackest Night #0 from Free Comic Book Day is the only monthly issue of a current GL title that I own, and I've enjoyed catching up on the GL adventures as collected books.

That said, it's getting harder and harder to wait for the darn collected version to come out!

• Disneyland PAP

Total random visit to the DC Source Blog this morning and lookit what I found there.

Alex Segura: OK Dan, I got your call, I’m here. It’s pretty early, even for us. This is a first for THE SOURCE – a live interview with you on the blog. Very exciting. What’s got you so jazzed up?

Dan DiDio: I’ll just get right to the point, Alex – we’re ready to announce everything that’s coming up after BLACKEST NIGHT.

AS: Wow, really? I’m glad I brought my notebook.

DD: And I’m happy to announce that for the DCU, after the BLACKEST NIGHT will come a BRIGHTEST DAY this April. A biweekly, 26-issue series, kicking off with BRIGHTEST DAY #0.
    DC Universe: The Source Blog Archive DCU IN 2010: KICK OFF YOUR MONDAY WITH SOME MAJOR NEWS

• mountains beyond mtns.

"In Brightest Day" is what I called my fantasy football teams for the past few seasons and is also what I name my bands in Guitar Hero and Rock Band.

I'll definitely look forward to the Brightest Day books but the wallet won't be looking forward to trips to the comic shop every other week!

• Animation Domination

Quote Originally Posted by brand42 View Post
    "In Brightest Day" is what I called my fantasy football teams for the past few seasons and is also what I name my bands in Guitar Hero and Rock Band.

I'll definitely look forward to the Brightest Day books but the wallet won't be looking forward to trips to the comic shop every other week!
    I hope DC isn't planning Brightest Day mini-series tie-ins like they did with Blackest Night...(Batman, Superman, Titans, JSA, Wonder Woman and Flash).
    "You are watching FOX"

• mountains beyond mtns.

Did anyone pick up Blackest Night Wonder Woman #2 and should I even bother with it? More of the Mera vs. WW showdown could be interesting...

• mountains beyond mtns.

Batman and Robin #1 was only .99 at my local comic shop so I picked that up along with Green Lantern Corps #44 (was okay), Green Lantern 50 (slightly better).

My main problem with GLC 44 was that Mogo was too much of a deus ex machina cop out and if he/it were capable of that, there wouldn't be a Blackest Night.

• Animation Domination

Blackest Night Wonder Woman 3 of 3 and BN: The Question comes out tomorrow.
    "You are watching FOX"

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast