Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Thread: Comic Books

• Animation Domination

Re: Comic Books

I'm thinking of picking up Adventure Comics, Brighest Day and Flash #1 on Saturday.
    "You are watching FOX"

• Disneyland PAP

The recent news about Neal Adams coming back to drawn Batman again inspired me to pull out my Batman Illustrated by Neal Adams Volume 3 book to browse through the other night. Ended up reading the first story in it, "Daughter of the Demon". The only downer is Adams had every page of this book re-colored, and having read them in earlier reprints, the new, Photoshop-era coloring really took me out.

Tonight, I'm heading to the Arclight to watch Kick-***!

• mountains beyond mtns.

Over the weekend I got Brightest Day #0 (not bad) and Flash #1 (not sure if I'll stick with it) along with Buffy #34.

The preview pages for the Zatanna book look pretty promising plus it's written by Paul Dini. I'll definitely give it a chance.

• Disneyland PAP

The Brave and the Bold #33 - Don't think I've picked up an issue of this since they're restarted the title. But I picked this up based on the awesome, old school-style artwork previewed at DC Source. Story started out a tad cheesy (thus, I guess, the old school, clean but beautiful artwork), but the ending blew me away. I hate giving it away for anyone who hasn't read it, but kudos to DC for really under playing the promotion of this story.

I picked up The Spirit #1 this week too, also based on seeing the artwork previewed at DC Source, as well as the latest issue of WALL•E. Slim week this week.

• Dr. Harleen Quinzel

I just started reading comics, probably about two years ago. So far my collection, which is pretty small, (under 100 comics) consists of mostly Robin.

But what's on my pull list now...

Red Robin (Always had a crush on Tim Drake...er Wayne)

Bat girl (Stephanie Brown is my absolute hero!)

Gotham City Sirens. (Simply because of Harley Quinn.)

I'm not a big Marvel Fan but my Boyfried is and he's starting to get me into Deadpool.

Is anyone going to the San Diego Comic con this year?
    Last edited by kinkerbell; 04-28-2010 at 01:09 AM.
    Polynesian girl

• Shablagoo!

Quote Originally Posted by Gone2Disneyland View Post
    The Brave and the Bold #33 - Don't think I've picked up an issue of this since they're restarted the title. But I picked this up based on the awesome, old school-style artwork previewed at DC Source. Story started out a tad cheesy (thus, I guess, the old school, clean but beautiful artwork), but the ending blew me away. I hate giving it away for anyone who hasn't read it, but kudos to DC for really under playing the promotion of this story.
    Agreed. Great comic.

• Christmastime for Rocker

Blog Entries

I just bought Brightest Day #1, and Hellboy in Mexico yesterday. Brightest Day is looking to be good, but Hellboy in Mexico was all right. It wasn't great, and it showed that he had some friends besides his usual group.

• mountains beyond mtns.

Quote Originally Posted by kinkerbell View Post
    I just started reading comics, probably about two years ago. So far my collection, which is pretty small, (under 100 comics) consists of mostly Robin.

But what's on my pull list now...

Red Robin (Always had a crush on Tim Drake...er Wayne)

Bat girl (Stephanie Brown is my absolute hero!)

Gotham City Sirens. (Simply because of Harley Quinn.)

I'm not a big Marvel Fan but my Boyfried is and he's starting to get me into Deadpool.

Is anyone going to the San Diego Comic con this year?
    It's never too late to start. I didn't get back into them until a few years ago, actually. And yes, I'll be at SDCC.

So there's quite a furor over Marvel merch in Disneyland lately. From the comics perspective, it'll be interesting to see whether Disney exerts any influence, either directly or indirectly upon Marvel's various media. It'll also be interesting to see how that affects the rest of the comics industry.

• Animation Domination

Going to get Flash #2 tomorrow.
    "You are watching FOX"

• mountains beyond mtns.

I got Brightest Day #2 and Zatanna #1 this past week.

BD2 was my least favorite Geoff Johns comic in quite some time. A few more issues like this one and I might not stick with the book.

Paul Dini's work is always excellent so I gave Zatanna a shot.

• Animation Domination

I just got the lastest issue of Justice League which ends with a five part crossover that is going to happen next month with the JSA. Also pick up a back issue of Batman & Robin #5.
    "You are watching FOX"

• Disneyland PAP

Quote Originally Posted by brand42 View Post
    Paul Dini's work is always excellent so I gave Zatanna a shot.
    I finally read my copy last night. Really good! I've been reading Gotham City Sirens from #1 too, but thought Z1 was an overall better experience. Not to knock March at all, but I think I have to credit that to Roux and Story's artwork.

Others I read this past week were…

Avengers #1 - Thumbs up. Thanks to the Iron Man/Thor I picked up on FCD and enjoying JR JR's work on it, this is now my first Marvel monthly title in several years.

Warlord #14 - Okay. A fan from the original run and been reading since the latest #1. I can see why they're cancelling it, it just wasn't as magical as it used to be.

Spirit #2 - Great art. Fun story. Loved "Spirit" spelled out in blood on page 2.

Wonder Woman #41-43 - It's hard to read these now after learning Simone will be leaving soon. I've enjoyed her run and especially Lopresti's artwork. 41 was interesting, not her best IMO. 42 & 43 was pretty cool, but this half-aunt character came out of left field for me. The origin recap in 42 was epic tho' and Nicola's art is great too.

Birds of Prey #1 - I noticed the coloring. Pretty amazing work on the coloring. After that, it's Simone and Benes doing their usual sexy, witty, intelligent greatness. Glad to be back on board, but I'll have to pick up from the most recent TPBs since I bailed on their run from about the #70's or #80 numbering. For example, I knew she was involved, but this is my first issue reading Lady Blackhawk as part of the team.

• mountains beyond mtns.

I got Brightest Day #3 this week. It was better than #2, however, it seems like the series is really being dragged out.

• mountains beyond mtns.

Any thoughts on Jim Lee and JMS's new Wonder Woman costume?

I don't like it and found Lee and Stracynski's justifications for it on the DC blog rather weak. Lee bandies the term "classic superhero" with seeming contempt while JMS actually made a comment about how all women like to accessorize.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

I have two thoughts on the new costume:
    1.) It won't last. They'll go back fairly shortly.
    2.)I've always wondered how the original costume worked. Seriously how do things stay in? Does she use a roll of double sided tape to keep her in? This new costume won't defy gravity.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast