• radiantly eccentric

Trip Report the DEAD

What a great show. was any one else there? The Forum was packed and the crowd was loud! Some things never change: Sharing space, food and love. Some things changed: ticket prices were (gulp) 89$ a seat, 22$ for parking and 13$ for a Beer! The band members had all gone off to lead other bands. When they came together again for the 2008 Election, it feels like a new band. I absolutely love hearing the Jerry songs again! Warren Haynes is great guitarist and I cant wait to see him with the Allman Bros.05/09/09. Here is the set list from the show:
    (Sat) The Forum - Inglewood, CA
    Set 1: Viola Lee Blues > Bertha > Viola Lee Blues> Caution (Do Not Stop On The Tracks) > Viola Lee Blues, Black Peter, Cosmic Charlie

Set 2: Shakedown Street > New Speedway Boogie > Scarlet Begonias > Fire on the Mountain, drums * > space > Dark Star > Wharf Rat > Dark Star > Satisfaction, E: One More Saturday Night

Comment: * with Jeff on keyboards for first half.
    Lineup: Bob Weir - guitar and vocals, Phil Lesh - bass and vocals, Bill Kreutzmann -drums, Mickey Hart - percussion, Warren Haynes - guitar and vocals, Jeff Chimenti - keyboards Source: Tucker,Sabrina,& Loon, Rich Barsumian
    at the end Mickey Hart asked us to take this great community and bring a little magic back home with us.
    Next show is this tues 5/19 @ the Greek Theatre Allman Bros and Doobie Bros.
    without Love in a dream, it will never come true...

• "I Break Things"

Re: Trip Report the DEAD

Pictures... Pictures... Pictures... my wife and I are so jealous. Years ago we would have gone (she went to several concerts before I met her) but these days we can't swing the $89 a pop with 4 kids. I'm so glad you had fun... again any pictures would be greatly appreciated (she asked about everything from the stage to how everyone looked after all these years).
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• radiantly eccentric

Ok I'm new to this so I'll try to upload some pictures from the show.
    Now that I know that you have been to shows before:
    The trip started with a visit to the vending area known as " Shakedown street" Lots of the same stuff, Tye Dyes, veggie burritos, brownies etc. There were 2 parking lot rows worth. I saw some friends that I haven't seen in a while, every one looks older!
    Bobby is almost all gray and balding with a beard.
    I felt older when I realized that 20 years ago at the Forum I was down on the floor, which was just packed! This time we had seats in Lodge 8 (what a great view) sigh...I still have old ticket stubs with $12.50 ticket prices!
    I think the security forgot what it was like to host a Dead show.
    Dead Heads:
    Do not stay in assigned seats.
    Like to dance in the aisles.
    Light up as soon as Lights go out.
    Know how to sneak into concerts.
    If they can't get in some stay/party in the parking lot.
    I'm sure there were more than 20,000 people inside.
    I saw a lot of ushers just shaking heads, but smiling.
    Pictures to follow.

i'll wait for the pics..
    just do what you think...

• radiantly eccentric

aaarrrggghhhh having trouble with the photos check this link out
    Fan Photos | Grateful Dead

•   
    • PHX-DL-PHX repeat PRN

My best friend of 38 years and I also went to the Dead Concert in Inglewood. I'm including a few pics.

The twirling girls are my wife's favorites ??

Very happy "One More Saturday Night"

So true, so true my friends!!
    "Oh look, a dumb idea just found a friend"

Emerson Cod

that was great!...sweet pics!...
    my heart is yours

• MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Always watching...

Glad all of you had a good time. Good pictures Timmy, and I love your shirt! I went to a Dead concert years ago, and I do have to say, it was one of the most memorable concerts I've ever been to!

MouselyGrateful, hope you enjoyed the Allman & Doobie Bros' concert...great double-bill, and the Greek is the best place for concerts!

• radiantly eccentric

Villains Fan... Last Nights Show was amazing!
    While I felt old at the DEAD show, I felt really young at the Greek Last night.
    The Doobie Bros were good and it was an over 60 crowd. Old people Rock!
    I was there for the Allman Bros Band! I really love Warren Haynes. What a treat to see him play with two different bands in 10 days. But I can agree with you that the Greek is a great venue for a show. The plus side is that its.... LA and you never know who shows up to play with the band.
    Last Night Bruce Wills (aka Bruno) showed up and played some rockin Harmonica.
    Then, Tom Petty and some Heartbreakers came out to play with the band. They did 2 Bob Dylan tunes, "It takes alot to laugh, it takes a train to cry" and "Highway 61".
    Tom Petty singing Bob Dylan was perfect! It was a FUN concert. I dont have a set list for you yet. (will follow with pics)
    KLOS radio station was kind to play some ABB on the ride home last night. I wonder who will show up tonight? Listen in, More later.
    Next Show Topanga Canyon Days this weekend!
    Thanks to Timmy 55 for the pics, I just couldn't figure it out and ran out of time.
    Thanks to Techskip for finding me on a thread titled,"Hippies take over Disneyland!"
    Nothin left to do but smile, smile smile
    Last edited by MouselyGrateful; 05-20-2009 at 06:32 PM. Reason: spelling

• radiantly eccentric

Set list from Tues. night @ the Greek. I don't want to seem jealous. I wish that I could have gone Wed. night also! If you are interested,
    Please see the set list and tour info here: Hittin' The Web with The Allman Brothers Band :: Where Music Plus Friends Equals Family
    05/19/09 @ the Greek LA- ABB
    1.Don't Want You No More > 2.It's Not My Cross To Bear 3.Statesboro Blues 4.Don't Keep Me Wonderin' 5.Rocking Horse 6.Midnight Rider 7.You Don't Love Me with Bruce Willis, harp8.New Instrumental 9.The Sky Is Crying with Benmont Tench, piano10.It Takes A Lot To Laugh It Takes A Train To Cry with Tom Petty, guitar & vocals; Mike Campbell, guitar; Benmont Tench, piano11.Highway 61 Revisited Tom Petty, guitar & vocals; Mike Campbell, guitar; Benmont Tench, piano12.Dreams 13.Whipping Post Encore14.Southbound with Bruce Willis, harp; Benmont Tench, piano
    That Southbound encore was smokin and lasted about 15 mins!!
    I loved our seats in sec C row F @ the Aisle
    Still searching for the Doobie Bros Set list.... AND
    arrrrgggghhhh I still can't do the photo thing! I have some time this weekend to work it out!

THESE PICTURES MAKE ME SO HAPPY! THANKS FOR POSTING. (Now I have
    Sugar Magnolia playing in my head).