View Poll Results: DC Comics vs Marvel Comics - Which One Is Better?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • DC Comics - Superman or Batman Are The Best!

8 36.36%
  • Marvel Comics - No, Spiderman, Hulk, Ironman, X-Men, & Captain America All The Way

5 22.73%
  • Both - I'm Split 50/50

7 31.82%
  • Neither - I Don't Like Comics

0 0%
  • Other - Please see below

2 9.09%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Minion

Attention Comic Book Fans - The Showdown You've Been Waiting For!!!!

Naturally, I did a search for this first, and didn't find a similiar thread. At least, not one anyone else did. I did however find a thread I did a few years ago, but it was based on 2 video games at the time.

So I ask the following question, mainly based on comic books, but it can also apply to movies, tv, or video games......

Do you prefer Marvel comics or DC comics? Or any others?

What are your favorite heroes? What are your favorite villians?

What heroes or villians would you pit against each other? Feel free to mix & match on this one, between both of them or any other franchises. Hero vs Hero or Villian vs Villian. Or a DC hero vs a Marvel villian, take your pick.

Also a good question, what comic character would you like to see brought to the big screen that hasn't already been made? And who would you like to play that character? For instance, who would you like to see play Wonder Woman in the planned big screen version? As far as any others are concerned, and I'm not sure who has the lead role, but in my opinion I would like to see WWE's Triple H play Thor on the big screen.

So shout it out and let your voices be heard.

• Disneyland PAP

Re: Attention Comic Book Fans - The Showdown You've Been Waiting For!!!!

I used to read DC & Marvel equally in high school. Took a break in college, then when I started reading comics again, replaced Marvel with CrossGen (too bad they went bankrupt). Now, I'm just more old school DC again, since Batman is my hero from my little kid day, and I'm enjoying some of their Vertigo titles too. I did read the Civil War TPB, but that's it for Marvel recently. I have to admit, tho', DC's hero line's been playing too many failed gimmick games lately. I'm cutting back a lot more, including skipping Batman & Robin.

• Animation Domination

I'm a fan of both Marvel and DC Comics. I started reading comics in the late 1980's. Over at DC Comics I love to read Batman, JLA, JSA, Green Lantern, Action Comics, Teen Titans, Detective Comics and Flash.
    Over at Marvel Comics I read Dark Avengers, New Avengers, Mighty Avengers, Uncanny X-Men, Astonishing X-Men, The Amazing Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Hulk, Captain American, Thor, X-Force, X-Factor, Wolverine, Cable and many Ultimate titles.
    Marvel Comics shows heroes and villains with real problems and how problems can get from bad to worst. Over at DC Comics they don't show the reality of the characters that much. Instead they show what heroes are born to do, which is fighting and protecting the planet.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMousePal View Post
    Marvel Comics shows heroes and villains with real problems and how problems can get from bad to worst. Over at DC Comics they don't show the reality of the characters that much. Instead they show what heroes are born to do, which is fighting and protecting the planet.
    Yeah I've never thought about it that way before. A prime example would be Matt Gorgin <sp?> aka the Scorpion. From the telling of Fox's animated Spiderman cartoon, the Scorpion was created because J. Jonah Jameson wanted someone to rid the city of what he felt was a menace, that being Spiderman. And they said that the scorpion was the natural enemy of the spider. Naturally, the plan failed, and Matt put himself into more and more trouble. So things got steadily worse.

So good point, and a nice way to bring out a different perspective.

i like both.. i don't have any complains about them...
    just do what you think...

• mountains beyond mtns.

I voted for DC though I also read some Dark Horse (Buffy Season 8) and IDW (G.I. Joe). (Don't read any Marvel titles)

My gateway into the world of comics has been a few animated series, namely Batman the Animated Series, Superman the Animated Series, Batman Beyond, Justice League, Justice League Unlimited and more recently, Wolverine and the X-Men.

Toys/Action figures have also been a gateway for me. By default, DC Universe Classics are the best large scale mass market figure line out there while Marvel Universe is the best smaller scale mass market figure.

As I don't follow any Marvel titles, I couldn't compare and contrast but I do know that in DC, a Norman Osborn would never be able to become an Iron Patriot nor would there ever be anything like the Skrull Invasion. It would seem that there are different sensibilities between the two companies.

• Christmastime for Rocker

Blog Entries

I am a DC Comics fanatic- I grew up watching a lot of Batman, and I just starting reading The Green Lantern, as well as Action Comics in the World without Superman universe. I also read some of the Batman graphic novels, and I am also keeping up with the Flash with the Rebirth miniseries.

• Goofy

I like both and all of them.

• mountains beyond mtns.

The interesting thing is that on this board as well as others that I'm on (and this includes an action figure collecting forum and a Star Wars forum), I can find lots of people that prefer DC Comics or they like both but never someone that's exclusively Marvel.

Rocker, you absolutely need to go back and read the Sinestro Corps War, if you haven't already. It would be great to see as a movie but then again, some superhero films can tend to get watered down for the masses. Plus it can get a bit annoying that they always have to start with the origin story. I already know about Peter Parker getting bit by a spider, let's move on already!

• Infinitized!

I guess both, and Dark Horse as they took over the Indiana Jones and Star Wars comics form Marvel.

• Minion

Woohoo!!! This one made the round up! I liked what the said as well......

Attention Comic Book Fans - The Showdown You've Been Waiting For!!!!
    AidensDaddy loves nothing more than a good throwdown and starts one awesome topic here: Marvel or DC Comics. Which do you prefer?

Except they missed my Potter vs Twilight one.

• Now 40% less bitter!

Archie Comics! Yay!
    Oo-de-lally!

• Animation Domination

Quote Originally Posted by brand42 View Post
    Rocker, you absolutely need to go back and read the Sinestro Corps War, if you haven't already. It would be great to see as a movie but then again, some superhero films can tend to get watered down for the masses. Plus it can get a bit annoying that they always have to start with the origin story. I already know about Peter Parker getting bit by a spider, let's move on already!
    Sinestro Corps War was a really good comic event in Green Lantern. It's a must read for every Green Lantern fan...Even Green Lantern: Rebirth was excellent. The story even took part in Green Lantern Corps..which is a great comic book too.
    "You are watching FOX"

• Element of Laughter

DC. I would love to see a Green Lantern movie, mostly to see how it would look. Or maybe a Booster Gold movie.
    ​Pinkamena Diane Pie, is that you?

• Disneyland PAP

Quote Originally Posted by Son Gohan View Post
    DC. I would love to see a Green Lantern movie, mostly to see how it would look.
    Your wish…

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast